• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP
bmwhitetx

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I wonder if this update is going to everybody. I’ve never lost a preset when getting an update so maybe there are different versions of whatever module is causing the problem and only some need the new code.
You may be right. I have lost presets on all the inhibited updates (and it's not just a profile thing). I also have Brake Coach turned off and it always get turned back on with these updates. So I was kinda hoping to get this one. I do listen to the radio occasionally for live sports so it's always a pain to set them up again.
EDIT: I just saw you have a 2023. Maybe they fixed it - I have a 2022.
Sponsored

Last edited:

LUXMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO and XLT
Occupation
Pilot
You are not the only one - right @LUXMAN ?
Yeah. I have not had an update since power of 4.2.1 on June 17 on my PRO

BUT MY WIFE’S XLT HAS HAD ALL BUT THE LATEST RADIO PRESET ONE. 🤷🏻🤷🏻

I am thinking about having my mobile service guy trying to force them through FDRS. Maybe if I can get one, the rest will come along…. Fat chance

but at least the truck sends warnings that the frunk outlet cover is open 🙄

Last edited:

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Yeah. I have not had an update since power of 4.2.1 on June 17 on my PRO

BUT MY WIFE’S XLT HAS HAD ALL BUT THE LATEST RADIO PRESET ONE. 🤷🏻🤷🏻

I am thinking about having my mobile service guy trying to force them through FDRS. Maybe if I can get one, the rest will come along…. Fat chance

but at least the truck sends warnings that the frunk outlet cover is open 🙄
Same - I haven’t got anything since June. The OTA software update system seems really jacked up for a random number of Lightnings. I really hope Ford improves the reliability of their modems and connected services.

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Still waiting on the SOC indicator update. I know there’s been at least 3 updates since I have contacted Ford and the dealer everybody saying nothings pending. I have to think at this point there’s got to be a reason why my trucks Vin is not being selected for updates.
Same here, I've never gotten an update or even a notification on one. I have loads of them showing up according to what some forum members have pulled, but nothing pops up when I try to initiate one, or when I just leave it on auto update. Had my Pro since early May of this year.

Sponsored

skattch

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Ah, that explains what happened to my stations.

Three updates ago, my Ford Navigation app disappeared, the prior update fixed that problem and this one messed with my radio presets.

I really wonder just how much testing they do before rolling out updates.

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla Model S Plaid
Occupation
retired
Wonder if this update is model specific. My 2022 Lariat got it but I noticed the last three above that did not get it were Pro models. Had not gotten an update since July.

sd25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Rivian R1T
I could be imagining things, but since this update my music sounds better. Especially the bass response. BTW, I'm using Tidal to stream my music.

If you have the update but haven't applied it yet, you might want to listen to your favourite music before and after the update to see if you notice a difference.

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
Wonder if this update is model specific. My 2022 Lariat got it but I noticed the last three above that did not get it were Pro models. Had not gotten an update since July.
Would agree. My XLT hasn’t received this either. My truck receives updates typically 3-5 days behind when it’s first reported on here.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I pretty sure the loss of presets is a Sync 4A-only problem. If true, this update would only apply to Lariats and Platinums.

Sponsored

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Just to let you guys peak at the future.... I've owned Teslas since 2013 and the number of different variations on a model S produced is substantial. A P85 is very different from S60 or a 2017 MS. Updates always seem to be on the other models, variants. Impossible to know if you are on the latest version for your car. Many times they were fixing things that my version didn't even have. About the only time I knew for sure was when I could ask a tech on a mobile appt at my house. Tesla invented OTA updates and there were and still are challenges.

Just wait until the next really updated Lightning comes out.

Oh yea the latest in the CT world is about no 240v plugs. Crazy responses about how they are not needed to compete etc. Just stupid crap but then I've seen page after page about the frunk. Powered or not or too small. Of course it's easy to make fun when you're driving your electric truck (right now) with tons of outlets and the biggest frunk in the history of frunks!

Ok I'll stop now.

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
I pretty sure the loss of presets is a Sync 4A-only problem. If true, this update would only apply to Lariats and Platinums.
I wonder (and this is a serous question) if a Platinum is quieter than a Lariat. Would make sense they would upgrade insulation and sound deadening materials.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Round two must be out, maybe I'll get it this week too.
Sponsored

Reactions: cal