• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

RudeLightning

First Name
Rudi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Lightning Platinum, 22' Bronco Badlands
Does it always rain in Michigan? most recent pictures or video of Lightnings I see has rainy gloomy skies and wet trucks...

Bring on the sunshine Ford and load them trucks!
Sponsored

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Why are they even wasting parts on demo models when they can’t fulfill purchase orders?! You can’t even reserve a truck after you drive the damn demo!
I think everyone should get a chance to test drive a Lightning. I can only imagine the conversion rate of test drive to reservation will be very high. Sure at this very moment there aren't any available for order, but that won't always be the case, and Ford wants to establish Lightning as THE EV truck.

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
Maybe they are tyring to ship customer units first? Hopefully they are holding these for July 1 delivery to keep the tax credit longer for later recipients (like me)?

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Maybe they are tyring to ship customer units first? Hopefully they are holding these for July 1 delivery to keep the tax credit longer for later recipients (like me)?
The demo trucks won't impact sales numbers for the credit until they are actually sold to a customer, aka delivered.
Dealers are supposed to be keeping them in inventory for I believe 120 days so that would put them into August or September to be sold which will probably be after #200k anyway.

Last edited:

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I have a feeling the dealership groups pushed Ford heavily to give them demo vehicles. 1) for those unscrupulous dealers, it gives them a vehicle to sell at a steep markup 2) it lets people with a reservation experience the vehicle and solidify their desire to order 3) some people are interested but dont have a reservation, they will go drive it, find out they can't get one for several years and get talked into leasing an ice truck in the mean time, thereby increasing sales.

Sponsored

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Is this like that what color do you see internet trends, because some of those stickers look green and some look blue...

Walle1jm

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning SR XLT 312A
Found a parking lot full right outside Dearborn, MI. They are coming soon people! Exciting to see. They look even better in person.

2A3B25F8-8864-4673-B71A-7A847FE33DAE.jpeg

0361EBFE-D30E-47FB-B9E3-8B87DD6FA008.png

39E05DD1-16FB-4D29-A4EA-68D5DC34B419.jpeg

ED247A36-1F03-4656-843A-5704303FCB48.jpeg

98271E99-F311-41E5-A97F-291A4DC98D32.png
Where is this parking lot?? I must go! Haha.

thegangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 F150, 2017 Model S
Does it always rain in Michigan? most recent pictures or video of Lightnings I see has rainy gloomy skies and wet trucks...

Bring on the sunshine Ford and load them trucks!
Reason why MI is surrounded by 1/5 of the world's fresh water - gotta deal with a bit of rain.

RDeFran

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 GMC Sierra 3500HD AT4 SRW Duramax, 2010 M3
Occupation
Technician
That blue XLT could be mine. Doubt it, but it could. I could be there today to drive it home. Upon closer inspection it has the bigger Fisher Price display. According to most of the horrible data from Ford ER XLT have the standard one. It says ER XLT has signature rear lighting and the big display on almost all of the 312A info - except the actual window sticker. Stay Pumped!

Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Trek CrossRip Elite
Reason why MI is surrounded by 1/5 of the world's fresh water - gotta deal with a bit of rain.
Surface* fresh water.

Greenland has many times more fresh water, it's just (supposed to be) frozen đź‘Ť

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I have a feeling the dealership groups pushed Ford heavily to give them demo vehicles. 1) for those unscrupulous dealers, it gives them a vehicle to sell at a steep markup 2) it lets people with a reservation experience the vehicle and solidify their desire to order 3) some people are interested but dont have a reservation, they will go drive it, find out they can't get one for several years and get talked into leasing an ice truck in the mean time, thereby increasing sales.
YES!

Very well stated - the demos are a fantastic way to get more: test drives, customer interest, reservations, orders, pre-sell their demos way ahead of time, and even sales of ICE vehicles while they have the customers "captive" on the lot...

Each dealer is receiving at least 1 Lightning as a FCTP vehicle.

Ford is smart - they know that more demos on the lot mean more sales overall....

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Ford is smart - they know that more demos on the lot mean more sales overall....
Totally agree.
Dealers will take any and all new vehicles they can get their hands on.
The Ford dealer closest to me has started parking used vehicles on the half of the lot where they used to have only new vehicles. They had maybe a dozen new vehicles or less at any given time where in before times they had at least 100, if not several hundred.
I bet there will be a non-zero number of dealers that risk/take the penalty and sell their demo truck immediately for well above MSRP. I've seen at least one dealer in the Dallas area with them listed $20k over. Most have 'contact us'.

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 RR Sport HSE
I had posted in a different thread about seeing two Lightning listings where I’d ran the Vins and they were green label trucks. Not sure if the dealer ordered some themselves or if the dealer is just showing someone’s truck to get inquiries, etc… They we’re not showing prices so I am assuming it’s just to get inquiries. I do find it interesting that people out there think that all Lightnings are like $50k over sticker right now. Ford has an issue on its hands. Simple PR of customers getting their order today and allowing them to share prices would do a lot.
Sponsored