• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
I agree with the chip or transport issue, but there is no reason for transport shortage. I get it may be harder to get a truck or train, but they are shipping only a fraction of the ICE F150's they did at one time, so they still only need a fraction of the transport capability they would have a year or two ago.

I know the "Pro delivered first" was said, but I almost think someone had to mess up what they meant or didn't mean literally what was truly said. There is no reason simply to deliver a Pro first to hold this many other built trucks. Pro's also qualify for the tax credit.

I'd love to think Ford was trying to extend the tax credit for their customers, but first I don't believe they care enough about their customers to do that and second I don't believe they are nimble enough to do that.

It's really starting to smell like some sort of issue, chip, software, I don't know, hard to believe any of the other issues however.
They’ve built a mix of vehicles. You can see some pros in all the photos and videos.
my dealer ordered a pro. Blend week 4/11 - visibility report for that vin shows produced

I would put my money on chip shortage. They aren’t going to lose sales because credit ends 1 quarter sooner. If it’s a great truck, it will sell.
all car mnfgs are shipping a fraction of demand due to supply chain, so trucks are available
train carriers available as well.
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Well, we did all receive an email about delayed production. I guess they sent it too early

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I think they are holding for the next major publicity event "Getting to know your Lightning" on the 24th

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
I think they are holding for the next major publicity event "Getting to know your Lightning" on the 24th
If they announce another event in mid June we will know that there are problems.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Oh yeah, another marketing event.

Sponsored

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
Just in time for Wednesday/Thursday round of thunderstorms which could mean hail. How much discount will be offered on hail damaged built vehicles?

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
If Ford was holding Lightnings because of the tax credit then they would be doing the same thing for MME’s and E transits. I don’t see any posts on the MME forum about delays.

robert5090

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, 2022 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Sales
Found a parking lot full right outside Dearborn, MI. They are coming soon people! Exciting to see. They look even better in person.

Window stickers were blue (dealer stock orders).

2A3B25F8-8864-4673-B71A-7A847FE33DAE.jpeg

0361EBFE-D30E-47FB-B9E3-8B87DD6FA008.png

39E05DD1-16FB-4D29-A4EA-68D5DC34B419.jpeg

ED247A36-1F03-4656-843A-5704303FCB48.jpeg

98271E99-F311-41E5-A97F-291A4DC98D32.png
Everytime I see a truck like that I cringe... Thats my truck!!! Can Ford pls ship it??? :(
Ford F-150 Lightning Spotted: Lightnings (dealer stock orders) waiting to be transported 2A3B25F8-8864-4673-B71A-7A847FE33DAE

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
Everytime I see a truck like that I cringe... Thats my truck!!! Can Ford pls ship it??? :(
Just go there and take it. Be sure to leave a check in the parking spot with a note to mail you the title.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
If Ford was holding Lightnings because of the tax credit then they would be doing the same thing for MME’s and E transits. I don’t see any posts on the MME forum about delays.
Unless they know MME and ETs won’t hit the number alone.

It’s also one thing to be impatient while nobody has gotten one. It’s another type of impatience when your neighbor has one.

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Just an idea. Just writing out loud. It has been said by Ford Reps including Farley himself that Pros will be delivered first. The first customer Pros will be built starting the first week in June. That gives them about 2-2 1/2 weeks to get them shipped and delivered in spring 2022. That's fast but Michigan and local dealers would be easy if Ford is motivated. One of the easiest ways for to limit crazy markups from dealers and customers reselling is to "flood" the market with lightnings. If they can deliver 3-5k or more lightnings in a matter of weeks, it may "limit" it somewhat and customers will get their trucks in a short time frame from each other. Dealers get their demos and then it's off to my23 orders and Ford has made good on their claims and we all drive off into the sunset to live happily ever after.
Just some daydreaming on a lazy sunny Sunday afternoon in the beautiful Sierras of Northern California. Feel free to provide alternate ideas. My build date got pushed back to 6/6 week from 5/30. Can't wait for my Rapid Red Pro to get here. Gas is $6.39 a gallon by me, worse in other parts of CA. Even at PG&E rates electric is cheaper than gas by far.

Edit: plus the tax credit limit isn't reached until 3rd quarter if they deliver most remaining built trucks first part of July after Pros by June 21
I must have missed that. Where did it say Pros first?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I must have missed that. Where did it say Pros first?
I don't recall where, but it was an interview. I still don't put a lot of stock in the comment, but something is holding up trucks.

Truly I don't know why they issued the OK to Buy if they knew they weren't going to ship.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I don't recall where, but it was an interview. I still don't put a lot of stock in the comment, but something is holding up trucks.

Truly I don't know why they issued the OK to Buy if they knew they weren't going to ship.
Farley said Pros would ship first at the end of the launch presentation on 4/26/22. He also said that shipments would begin within "a few days," so take that statement with a grain of salt. A Ford rep said that all trims will be shipping at the same time at the media event a week later.

I agree--it really seems like something is going on with the truck or we'd be seeing dealer demo deliveries by now. Logistics can't explain the delays--there are at least 2 dozen ford dealers within 50 miles of the Lightning factory.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
What is frustrating me is that no one who has direct contact with Farley ie “influencers” has asked what the deal is on Social Media but they were quick to spam this forum so we click on their YT video during the SA event smh

BlueF150Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford F-150 SuperCrew
What is frustrating me is that no one who has direct contact with Farley ie “influencers” has asked what the deal is on Social Media but they were quick to spam this forum so we click on their YT video during the SA event smh
I agree. We know influencers and media are lurking here but none want to bite the hand that feeds them.
Sponsored