• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Stuck on OTA 6.1.0 since October. '22 Lariat

SeanOC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Raptor ‘21 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Pilot
Any ideas why I would have stopped receiving OTA updates? I had no trouble until that point, now nothing. Anyone else?
Sponsored

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Hard to say for sure, but I was getting OTAs regularly (~one a week) up until November and they suddenly stopped.
I ended up on 6.8 and have not seen one since. Seems FOMOCO stopped updates about that time due to an issue with 6.13.

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
Any ideas why I would have stopped receiving OTA updates? I had no trouble until that point, now nothing. Anyone else?
Log into Ford.com and check your vehicle. There is a CSP for the 12v battery not reporting the corect voltage and its preventing updates. Been documented a few times on this forumn (im stuck waiting on my dealer to actually do something about issues like these since October).

This is from the ford site
Description
Battery monitor sensor replacement
Campaign#
23B70

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Log into Ford.com and check your vehicle. There is a CSP for the 12v battery not reporting the corect voltage and its preventing updates. Been documented a few times on this forumn (im stuck waiting on my dealer to actually do something about issues like these since October).

This is from the ford site
Description
Battery monitor sensor replacement
Campaign#
23B70
That solves the problem of not being able to get the update installed. However, If we are not getting the update pushed to begin with, it doesn't do any good. I was getting updates fairly regularly as well, last update also in Oct '23 (can't remember if it was the radio preset fix or the digital owners manual). I've never been notified that 6.1 is ready, so it just hasn't been pushed to my truck yet.

That said, there are a few posts where it was noted that OTA's resumed after that CSP for the 12v was completed. Coincidence?? Maybe...maybe not... I haven't done mine yet.

techmatters

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning Lariat ER Antimatter Blue
That said, there are a few posts where it was noted that OTA's resumed after that CSP for the 12v was completed. Coincidence?? Maybe...maybe not... I haven't done mine yet.
My theory on the coincidence would be the CSP for BMS replacement requires them to disconnect the battery, which is also a suggested remedy for getting your gateway module/modem communicating properly if it got “stuck”.

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
My theory on the coincidence would be the CSP for BMS replacement requires them to disconnect the battery, which is also a suggested remedy for getting your gateway module/modem communicating properly if it got “stuck”.
Pretty sound theory. If I get time this evening, I'll try disconnecting the 12v and see if I get anything while waiting for my 20k service appointment.

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
Good idea, mine was getting stuck in early 23 and i did that a few times haven't tried it to see if it helps now.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

NM1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
I had that problem in 2022, too. I took the truck in for servicing. It was there for three days and they had to replace the 12 V battery.