• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
It's weird how all three trucks burned on the front left fender and all three were actively charging

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I am screwed. Carbon Gray Lightning insurance is going to go through the roof now.

OP
OP
Its PJ Bia

Its PJ Bia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO
I am screwed. Carbon Gray Lightning insurance is going to go through the roof now.
Don't worry, just got insurance on mine and even after the fires it was still only $768 a year for full coverage.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Don't worry, just got insurance on mine and even after the fires it was still only $768 a year for full coverage.
Glad to hear it. Just make sure the doors are not locked if it feels a bit toastier than usual and the seat warmer is off.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
Wow, that looks like my Carbon Grey Metalic truck (that was built in January that I still never received)! :unsure:
Maybe if you ask nicely they'll box up what's left and send it to you.

But really... Built in January and you still don't have it?

CdnCGM23

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Military
Wow, that looks like my Carbon Grey Metalic truck (that was built in January that I still never received)! :unsure:
No, it look's like my Carbo GM that I still haven't received.
At least my dealers tracker showed mine was shipped by train to Toronto.

Sure hope we get our trucks soon!! Good Luck LR

Update: Taking delivery of my truck 4/26/23

Last edited:

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Quite the fire. I guess they can look back at process by serial number, but it would be hard to believe that much was left of that battery to investigate.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Did NHTSA or any independent third party ever looked into this?

Our trucks have a reading for Battery Health. I have no idea what that reading really measures. Does anyone know? Could it help in preventing this after it ends up on our driveways?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Another question a friend posed to me is, has my (our) home insurance cost increased since acquiring an EV?

My answer was that the policy cost for our home and detached garage only went up by 6.4%

I attribute this change to the inflation impact of increased valuation on our assets covered on the policy. The cents per dollar of coverage only increased by 0.6% [0.006]

Curious is folks with attached garage/ home structures have seen on policy costs, is it higher due to the fact you have an EV or just that it's higher due to inflation?

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I have an attached garage. I renewed my homeowners policy before I purchased my Lightning, but I don't recall a question about what type of vehicle I drove.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I have an attached garage. I renewed my homeowners policy before I purchased my Lightning, but I don't recall a question about what type of vehicle I drove.
Mine renewed after acquiring the Lightning, but as you said, no questions about EV's, but all our policies are through one underwriter and agent, I would assume they are using big data to determine the risks.

OTOH, we have discussed the issues of fire risk in older threads, ICE vehicles have had problems with fuel and electrical systems failing, creating fires and potentially other property damage and loss of life, who knows for sure which class of powertrain has the higher potential risk.
Sponsored