• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro, 2023.5 MachE on the way
Occupation
Service Manager
Have you ever come out of work in the middle of the night after a 12 hour shift and found that 2 out of 4 wheels have been stolen off your vehicle and you live an hour away?

I have. I'll take the locks so they will move over on somebody else.
Nope... but I have arrived to work to find stolen wheels, tires, tailgates and catalytic convertors stolen several times in the last 20 or so years. I still wouldn't put the locks on my wheels.
Sponsored

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
Nope... but I have arrived to work to find stolen wheels, tires, tailgates and catalytic convertors stolen several times in the last 20 or so years. I still wouldn't put the locks on my wheels.
Same here, life's too short to keep track of all the keys, codes, etc. We don't even have house keys...

kWfart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning-ER Lariat
Changed from the chrome to black lug nuts and added the Advanced wheellock security lug nuts. They blend in very nicely and almost impossible to remove without the special lug key.

F0F4D42C-7E67-40A5-A81E-FF1ADB82B741.jpeg

0B53C800-3F98-4749-B449-A1534E108F3A.jpeg

4D72F2A8-7318-491D-AC8D-9F5B34D7E12D.jpeg
Solid! Were these ordered from the Ford website?

Drkkngt

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lariat

piratefan2

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT-ER, 24 Silverado, 06 Silverado
Over the weekend, I added matte black inserts on the tailgate, seat covers, and side steps:
Ford F-150 Lightning 🙋‍♂️ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_5025 2

Ford F-150 Lightning 🙋‍♂️ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_5048.JPG

Ford F-150 Lightning 🙋‍♂️ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_5049.JPG

Ford F-150 Lightning 🙋‍♂️ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_5054.JPG

Sponsored

Lightning_Bob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reserved Lightning...
After a few drives - please let us know how the seat covers feel on longer drives - I'm sure you'll get less heat/sweat back there compared to direct contact to the vinyl - but is it much better? Also which brand are the seat covers?

Thanks!

LUXMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO and XLT
Occupation
Pilot

LUXMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pilot
After a few drives - please let us know how the seat covers feel on longer drives - I'm sure you'll get less heat/sweat back there compared to direct contact to the vinyl - but is it much better? Also which brand are the seat covers?

Thanks!
Id that is a PRO, what running boards are those?? I like those!

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
Hi All

I added Amp Research Power Steps and a Retrax Pro Tonneau cover. Just making a great truck better!!

Any details on the part number for the AMP steps? What (if anything) did you have to do to relocate components from the existing running boards?

Shocked this isnt getting more attention! I was so bummed when these weren't available as a factory option.

Sponsored

LUXMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pilot
Yes..Pro SR with no options. They are the 5" OEM F150 running boards. Bought them from a guy on Facebook.
cool. I like those as they are square-ish vs the tubular kind I am seeing in the fold accessory store.
Do you know what year they came off of?

hihosilver

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat - SR - Oxford White - MaxTow
Anybody interested in OEM Lariat running boards just DM me and I'll put you on the bidders list.

jmrdmd

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Limited
Any details on the part number for the AMP steps? What (if anything) did you have to do to relocate components from the existing running boards?

Shocked this isnt getting more attention! I was so bummed when these weren't available as a factory option.

HI

They are the:

PowerStep Extreme Running Boards
2022 Ford F-150
(All F-150 models)
Part #: 78152-01A

They are the four motor version as opposed to the two motor. I only had to relocate some sort of control unit on the frame below the left rear door and that was due to the extra motor. The remainder of the install was straight from the ICE F 150 playbook.

I called AMP prior to attempting the install and theysaid that they were currently working on a lightning and it would be about a month until they'd have a legit Lightning solution.

Obviously, I couldn't wait!!

Jan

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
HI

They are the:

PowerStep Extreme Running Boards
2022 Ford F-150
(All F-150 models)
Part #: 78152-01A

They are the four motor version as opposed to the two motor. I only had to relocate some sort of control unit on the frame below the left rear door and that was due to the extra motor. The remainder of the install was straight from the ICE F 150 playbook.

I called AMP prior to attempting the install and theysaid that they were currently working on a lightning and it would be about a month until they'd have a legit Lightning solution.

Obviously, I couldn't wait!!

Jan
Awesome info! Thanks!

I think I'll hold out for the Lightning version, but so stoked to hear that the Amp F150 boards will pretty much fit anyways.

Truck looks great btw.

piratefan2

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT-ER, 24 Silverado, 06 Silverado
cool. I like those as they are square-ish vs the tubular kind I am seeing in the fold accessory store.
Do you know what year they came off of?
They're from a 2016. From what I've gathered, there are 5" and 6" OEM side steps. The 6" has Ford in the script font, but they're too wide for my taste.
Sponsored