• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Looks good. But my OCD can't unsee that your J1772 cables are crossed.
It's just the angle, they aren't crossed. One comes out further forward, the other more to the back.

I chose the rear one to go off to the truck so that it would be closer to the wall.

Ford F-150 Lightning πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? Screenshot 2022-11-05 085123
Sponsored

Terik2005

First Name
Terik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 ford lightning lariats standard range
Occupation
Train Engineer
Just remember they supposedly expire after 1 year of no activity.
I still have points from like 7 years ago I just accumulating but never have used. This is the first ford that I want to get a lot of accessories for so it seems to have worked out. But til now having lost anything

shadycoh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt
keep refreshing the status page with the hope of it popping BUILT

Jif1025

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Platinum Edition
Occupation
Criminal Lawyer
Tinted the windows and front light bar- on the fence in the light bar but wasn’t a fan of the cheap looking plastic white shell eitherπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Ford F-150 Lightning πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? A34662FF-0373-452F-99CE-190425CE7896

Sponsored

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
Looks good. I will be doing the same when I take delivery. I think the tinted light bar looks best with the glossy β€œgrille” that comes standard on the Platinums.

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Sittin' On The Dock of Bay, watchin' the tide.....
Vehicles
It's got four wheels - Waiting on my '22 Lightning
Tinted the windows and front light bar- on the fence in the light bar but wasn’t a fan of the cheap looking plastic white shell eitherπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

A34662FF-0373-452F-99CE-190425CE7896.jpeg
Wow. That's a dark tint. The shop I took mine to got a tint that is just a shade lighter than the color of the grille. Very complimentary.

Honestly, I like the dark on yours, given the gloss tone of the grille. Might not look as good with a lighter tint.

But anything is better than that big white bar on the front of the truck.

Jif1025

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Criminal Lawyer
Yeah- it is dark :/ light filters through but it isn’t really visible in daylight. At night the lightbar is still illuminated, but not quite as bright, which I’m completely fine with!

Simpso57

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning

A34662FF-0373-452F-99CE-190425CE7896.jpeg
Can you provide some details on this? Cost, type of tint, how it was installed, etc. Some of us are trying to get this done, but the tint shops are intimidated and won't try it because of the angles.

Sponsored

Jif1025

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Criminal Lawyer
Can you provide some details on this? Cost, type of tint, how it was installed, etc. Some of us are trying to get this done, but the tint shops are intimidated and won't try it because of the angles.
So it cost me $100 for the light bar tinting- but that was in addition to getting the windows tinted (which ran $799 for xpel prime on all the windows and the windshield) so I may have got a break on the cost for that portion (the lightbar portion seemed low to me but I wasn’t complaining). My understanding is they used vinyl to wrap it- the same type of product they use to smoke/tint headlights or brake lights. The shop I used here in Phoenix said it was their first time doing one, but I don’t see any gaps where light is coming through so they did a good job of wrapping edges. They asked about how dark I wanted it, and I said I wanted light to still filter through but as close to matching the grill as possible. Overall, I think they did a fantastic job for $100. And the look is growing on me for sure. Now I just need to do something about the wheels πŸ€”

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Sittin' On The Dock of Bay, watchin' the tide.....
Vehicles
It's got four wheels - Waiting on my '22 Lightning
Yeah- it is dark :/ light filters through but it isn’t really visible in daylight. At night the lightbar is still illuminated, but not quite as bright, which I’m completely fine with!
That's what I like too. If the light was acting as say, auxiliary lights, I wouldn't bother. As bright as it is, it just looks ugly.

Give it a couple months, then decide. Mine is growing on me a lot and I am happy I did it. Just drove by the Ford dealer near me, and that big white line looks nasty.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek