• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Any Wave 3 MY2023 Lightning order invites yet ?

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
Started the First "Normal " wave with no Pro and lost XLT after a few hours. Now they have rest of MY to have people order nothing but Lariats. At that rate this will be open to non reservation holders in no time.
Sponsored

OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I too received first the text, then the email today, and was able to order.

Like many here I was initially drawn to the $40K bait for the Pro. I did call the dealer when the option for purchasing the Pro online wasn't available today and was told to go ahead and order whatever I felt comfortable with and to call back tomorrow to see if a Pro was available (Sales Manager not in today). I harbor no illusions that the answer will be any different tomorrow, so a $60k XLT it is, with a $1,500 reservation fee, but no ADM.

Advertise a $40K truck, sell a $60k truck, nice work Ford. But I did get a leather wrapped steering wheel.

***Pent-up rant follows, feel free to skip***
The whole experience has been a disappointment. I reserved immediately after the presentation ended (didn't know that I could do it any earlier, my bad). After a few months I called the dealer and was told I was #3 in line. It's not a massive dealership but in a relatively affluent area (CA, so economic reality adjustments required) so #3 seemed OK, safe enough to get a 22 MY. Time warp back to May of last year and the EV sentiment wasn't nearly as strong as it is today, with $6/gal gas. But when the first wave was imminent I called again and found I was had been magically transported to #13. No good explanation given but there are a lot people with plenty of $ around so I suspect they paid ADMs (dealer hinted as much) so I lost out on the 22 MY and the pricing that went with it.

Definitely a first-world problem, can't get the EV I want immediately and as cheaply as I want, but nobody made me buy the damn thing. I also have Silverado EV and Cybertruck reservations though I suspect those $40k trucks are essentially going to end up as vaporware too. Ford was first, so here's my money. At least I'll have an EV in Spring, hopefully. Unlike others here who talk about flipping the vehicle I don't see that as probable, CA sales tax takes some of the luster off of that transaction. Plus, I suspect that the upcoming generations of all of these trucks will be vastly superior. Battery technology is changing rapidly, it's my guess that 5 years from now people will be laughing out loud about the weight, capacity, charge rates, cost, etc of the battery pack of my '23 Lightning. Yet, I bought it anyway. My solar panels need something to feed. Let's hope those aftermarket replacement battery packs are available soon.
Glad you ordered, as you can see the XLT sold out just now.

At least you got an XLT ordered, I wish I had that choice when I ordered my 2022.
I didn't get that choice when I ordered and ended up with a base Lariat SR for $67K that I don't really need all the bells and whistles.

As for the reservation # in line at your dealer, there may have been people who moved their reservations from another dealer to your dealer with an earlier time stamp pushing you further back.

Last December, there were dealers that had the ability to move customers up to the front of the line (dealer prioritization) for their "favored" customers or customers willing to pay extra for the chance to cut the line...

Enjoy your XLT as it is worth the wait!

And here I thought waiting 430 days for my 2022 Lightning was long...

bobinmi

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
retired
yes, the XLT is currently closed now... ha ha... what a joke. You originally reserve a 40k truck, 12 hours after receiving your "order email"....your lowest priced truck is now 75k...

ANYONE know if your "order window" stays open until you either place an order or cancel? even into the next "wave"?

Ford F-150 Lightning Any Wave 3 MY2023 Lightning order invites yet ? 20220908_090622

Last edited:

ivan256

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Started the First "Normal " wave with no Pro and lost XLT after a few hours. Now they have rest of MY to have people order nothing but Lariats. At that rate this will be open to non reservation holders in no time.
Dealer told me yesterday that I'm 21 in line instead of 26 because 5 people ahead of me canceled or moved their reservation..... Now I have to hope that's far enough down the list for 2024.

I don't think it is.

Meanwhile, Lariats are already trading in the aftermarket at ~$96k. Which isn't enough to turn a meaningful profit flipping after sales tax.

Oh well. The test drive was fun, but not $87k fun.

Sponsored

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
yes, the XLT is currently closed now... ha ha... what a joke. You originally reserve a 40k truck, 12 hours after receiving your "order email"....your lowest priced truck is now 75k...

ANYONE know if your "order window" stays open until you either place an order or cancel? even into the next "wave"?
It says the order window for the wave closes end of Sept.

Ready To Order
ORDER BY 9/30/2022

Jer

First Name
Jer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Lightning Lariat,‘21 Bronco, ‘17 F350, ‘76 K20
Occupation
IT
submitted order for lariat SR this morning. As others said XLT is currently not available, at least online. wanted the ER, but losing the 7.5k credit and paying $10k more just isn’t worth it to me. I reserved within the first 5 minutes on the first night. Not going to hold my breath on a spring delivery.
Ford F-150 Lightning Any Wave 3 MY2023 Lightning order invites yet ? 6760AE42-37BB-46EF-B75A-1821AAFB5EDF

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Good question, maybe @FordVideoGuy has dealer insight about how long ordering opportunities for MY2023 Wave 3 will be open.

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
Glad you ordered, as you can see the XLT sold out just now.

At least you got an XLT ordered, I wish I had that choice when I ordered my 2022.
I didn't get that choice when I ordered and ended up with a base Lariat SR for $67K that I don't really need all the bells and whistles.
I mean you got very lucky, that same Lariat is closer to $80k now and for $65k you would still be at XLT. The price increase is massive and people ordering now aren’t getting any price protection.

Sponsored

FatmanOSU

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT Lightning, 2022 Bronco Sport
Occupation
Sales
I was thinking about the XLT, but dealer wanted 25K markup. Now only choice is Lariat. Not worth it to me. I guess I waited for nothing.

FordVideoGuy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Bronco
Occupation
Internet Manager at Long McArthur Ford
Good question, maybe @FordVideoGuy has dealer insight about how long ordering opportunities for MY2023 Wave 3 will be open.
Wave 3 invites have until 9/30 to order. Trying to find out if then can be extended for Pro and XLT like in 22MY.

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
I'm still trying to get confirmation on whether my $500 order deposit is going to be refundable or not. Maybe it was stupid of me to assume it would be, since my dealership has made that clear over and over in the past. But a non-refundable order deposit is an absolute a-hole move when there is almost no real predictability on when the vehicle will be delivered.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Wave 3 invites have until 9/30 to order. Trying to find out if then can be extended for Pro and XLT like in 22MY.
Nope, Ford is done with extensions. They stated either you order when it's your time, or you lose your reservation (and get your $100 refunded).

So all these early reservations are going to have their reservations cancelled and potentially some of the really late people to reserve are going to have a chance at a Pro or XLT in MY24.

I bet Ford is actually trying to clear out the reservations by doing this while maximizing profit for 2023. They will easily meet the rest of their allocation with the remaining reservations ordering Lariats/Platinums.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I got the text and email as well. Haven't made up my mind on ordering or not. I feel very fortunate to have my Rivian but feel my family needs a bigger cab and i loved my Mach e. I have a chevy reservation as well mostly due to the 800v architecture. Do i wait for the chevy in '24 ish or spend 90k plus with no tax rebates next year ? I doubt i can buy the ford and then buy the chevy a year later. I do have some concern about the car market going back to normal and used car values actually depreciating and some concerns about investing in something that could be vastly outdated in several years. I guess it will depend on whether or not my dealer will refund the 500.
If the Chevy presents itself as a better alternative, you can always trade OR sell your Lightning when the Chevy hits the market.

There will still be a hot market for these trucks in 2024...no way Ford can satisfy demand. I'm betting you could sell your Lightning in 2024 for the same money OR more than it is right now.

I have a Silverado EV reservation and plan to evaluate at launch. I am a Ford guy and generally like the f150 Lightning style better., but range and charging may push me towards a chevy "upgrade".

I'm no expert, but I don't think you'll lose any money trading up given the market demand.

My advice is if you get a chance at ordering a lightning and can afford it...jump on it even if its not the perfect trim. I would not be surprised to see prices for MY 2024 even higher due to inflation and battery supply issues.
Sponsored

Last edited: