• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Are order conversion rates absolutely horrific?

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
you're simply proving that the reservation timing and 'in line' placement have nothing to do with 'when' you placed your reservation... FORD controls ALL of this, and none of it will we be able to 'understand'... we have to remove ourselves from thinking of how humans stand 'in line', and remember that for Ford, a reservation is simply a reservation, nothing more. They may even shake the bag of reservations and pull each one out of the 'hat', as far as we know.
Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I went ahead and placed my order for a Lariat ER. After I placed the order I realized that I should be eligible for the full $7,500 tax credit since I have a contract before the new tax credit law goes into effect in 2023. Maybe that’s why that’s why Ford is sending out order invitations much earlier than expected so that as many people as possible will get into contracts before 2023.
Yeah that’s not how the rule works. If you by some miracle get it this year then yes you can get the 7500. But the contract clause doesn’t apply for you. Your dealer ordered a vehicle, not you. You’re buying the vehicle from a dealer, not Ford. And you didn’t have a binding contract with your dealer with a significant deposit back when the law was signed this summer. This has been well documented in many threads.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
How on earth could I already be up again? There is ZERO chance they have shipped 100,000 lightings, let alone the ~125,000 needed for my number to be up again with a poor 50% conversion rate.
Your number must have been up (next in line) for the dealer you chose, was it the same as the first truck?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
The binding contract procedures relate to vehicles manufactured outside North America which lost their credit rights on 8/16, but are protected to the close of tax year 2022. This remedy does not extend the [pre IRA] credit for anyone beyond 12/31/2022 regardless of where the vehicle was manufactured.

Bigisland Guy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat SR Build group 10/24/2022
Occupation
Property Mgmt
I went ahead and placed my order for a Lariat ER. After I placed the order I realized that I should be eligible for the full $7,500 tax credit since I have a contract before the new tax credit law goes into effect in 2023. Maybe that’s why that’s why Ford is sending out order invitations much earlier than expected so that as many people as possible will get into contracts before 2023.

I haven’t received a build date yet but I’m starting to believe that my actual build won’t be until later in 2023.
Please read the IRS tax regulation regarding the tax situation from the IRS, regarding the tax situation or consult a CPA it may not be what you think. Sorry ....

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech

I haven’t received a build date yet but I’m starting to believe that my actual build won’t be until later in 2023.
You do not have a contract with Ford or your dealer.

If you recently ordered a 2023, you may want to change it to a SR battery to keep the MSRP under $80K to be eligible for the tax credit.

Otherwise your ER battery will disqualify you for the tax credit in 2023.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer

If you recently ordered a 2023, you may want to change it to a SR battery to keep the MSRP under $80K to be eligible for the tax credit.

Keep in mind that you will probably not get the full $7500 even with a SR. Farley said in the Q3 earnings call that they thought the Mach-E and Lightning may qualify for half based on battery requirements. So maybe 3750, but not 7500.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Keep in mind that you will probably not get the full $7500 even with a SR. Farley said in the Q3 earnings call that they thought the Mach-E and Lightning may qualify for half based on battery requirements. So maybe 3750, but not 7500.
Oh ouch!

That is not good news - hoping the treasury / IRS will take in the comments from the manufacturers to get waivers to avoid half or none credit...

My incoming MME order is looking like early 2023 delivery so I will find out the rules sometime in 2023 since Treasury/IRS have a full year to interpret it....

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
That is not good news - hoping the treasury / IRS will take in the comments from the manufacturers to get waivers to avoid half or none credit...
It's not good news but not necessarily bad news in the sense that if the law had not changed that would have been the credit everyone would have received for the first quarter of 2023 (or potentially 2nd quarter depending on 2022's sales numbers...I quit following after it became clear the last quarter was safe and then it was pointless after the law changed).

I agree everyone should be switching to SRs if they are concerned about the credit. Part of the reason Ford has priced them this way was to throttle the ER reservations. They didn't say that but it seems obvious although I could be wrong. Or maybe they've got enough market data to reasonably believe there are enough customers right now that aren't price sensitive.

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
To answer OP, and to second hturner: No, it’s probably not going anywhere near that fast. I have a reservation from the night of the reveal but haven’t been invited to order yet, and I’m sure I’m not the only one. For some reason though I don’t think they’re pulling names out of a hat. I visualize all the reservations taped to a wall instead, with underpaid interns throwing darts all day long.

Sponsored
OP
OP

neririn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 MachE
I dont recall, did we specify what model we wanted when we reserved? It appears they ramped supply chain to produce/provide significantly more ER batteries than SR, and so the higher trims are more readily available, and the Pro’s appear to be next to non-existant. I suppose thousands of people may have reserved hoping for the 49k version just to find it is a unicorn.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer
I dont recall, did we specify what model we wanted when we reserved? It appears they ramped supply chain to produce/provide significantly more ER batteries than SR, and so the higher trims are more readily available, and the Pro’s appear to be next to non-existant. I suppose thousands of people may have reserved hoping for the 49k version just to find it is a unicorn.
When you reserved you were not able to specify a model. However in the September survey you were able to indicate a model that you would buy.

As I mentioned in this post, a Ford memo that went out yesterday stated the invites were going to those who answered that survey indicating they wanted a Lariat 511A (ER battery). Everyone else in line at that dealer was skipped to get to those folks - up to the number the dealer was being allocated for this wave.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
To answer OP, and to second hturner: No, it’s probably not going anywhere near that fast. I have a reservation from the night of the reveal but haven’t been invited to order yet, and I’m sure I’m not the only one. For some reason though I don’t think they’re pulling names out of a hat. I visualize all the reservations taped to a wall instead, with underpaid interns throwing darts all day long.

Actually its more simplistic than that: ZEV States

392DCGC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Considering F150 Lightning

That's debatable, will just have to see what the IRS officially says. The ER pack is included in an "option" and per the wording in the law, options are not used as part of the MSRP calculation. The Lariat base trim MSRP is ~$75K and would qualify as either SR or with the ER option.

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
When you reserved you were not able to specify a model. However in the September survey you were able to indicate a model that you would buy.

As I mentioned in this post, a Ford memo that went out yesterday stated the invites were going to those who answered that survey indicating they wanted a Lariat 511A (ER battery). Everyone else in line at that dealer was skipped to get to those folks - up to the number the dealer was being allocated for this wave.
Just wanted to confirm that I was also told that you got to jump the line if you answered the survey and picked a 511A in Wave 5. That’s all that happened here. It appears to be a clean up wave like we saw previously . That’s all, nothing else to see here .
Sponsored