• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Decided to jump on the latest deals and got myself a Lightning.

Vorador

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Ford Escape
Traded in my R1T today for an Antimatter Blue Lariat ER. Going to miss the R1T, but I need the extra room in the back now that I have a second child. Overall I'm happy with the Lightning in the brief hour ride home.
Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Congrats and welcome!

You got a great deal for sure!

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Congrat's on the new Lightning!!!

Now, about the stale data in your profile & Sig......
Ford F-150 Lightning Decided to jump on the latest deals and got myself a Lightning. 1708659154120

RedLightning86

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning (Lariat). 2009 Escape Hybrid.
You're going to love this truck!

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
I think the Rivians are bad ass, but as a dad with a wife and 3 kiddos, Teeny tiny mid size truck back seats like the Rivian and Cybertruck do not cut it! You will be happy with Your choice

Sponsored

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
Traded in my R1T today for an Antimatter Blue Lariat ER. Going to miss the R1T, but I need the extra room in the back now that I have a second child. Overall I'm happy with the Lightning in the brief hour ride home.
Welcome to the club! You'll love your Lightning!

JRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Best color too,congratulations! I am very happy to go witha 2023 ER XLT after a SR 2021 Mach-E proved too low for traveling

Ford F-150 Lightning Decided to jump on the latest deals and got myself a Lightning. 20240216_145641

Last edited:

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L ER Lariat - 2022 Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
General Manager - Factory Select Homes
Welcome to the fam. I too just jumped on the deals out there. My jump was from the XLT Lightning std range to a Antimatter blue Lariat with ER and plenty of optional goodies.

I am a day one Cybertruck reservation holder and received invite for FS in early Jan. I relized as much as I wanted the CT the almost doubling of the cost was not the right thing for me at this time. Plus I checked my XLT trade value with Tesla and with CarMax and it had deprecaited 20k with only 14k miles. I couldn't take that loss and pay 100k for the CT

I have been driving the XLT Lightning since early Jan 2023 and have come to really apprecaite it. For me it is the perfect all around vehicle and fits my lifestyle and budget so well.

I was dissapointed when the decision to not purchase the CT was made due to the choice I had made on the XLT and mostly the std range battery. It was suppose to be a 2 year vehicle while I waited for CT so I compromised to keep cost down.

The problem is if I had known at the time of purchase I was going to own this 7 plus years I would have gone ER to make sure I could travel with it and I like Lariat comfort features. I started shopping around for a Lariat that could offset my loss on the XLT.

To my surprise I found a new fully loaded Lariat with ER for 58k. MSRP was just under 80k. So the loss I had on the XLT was made up for on the reduced price of the Lariat. Feels great to have been able to make this switch and know I can enjoy the Lightning for many years.

mb0220

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
I think the Rivians are bad ass, but as a dad with a wife and 3 kiddos, Teeny tiny mid size truck back seats like the Rivian and Cybertruck do not cut it! You will be happy with Your choice
As a lucky owner of both a Lightning and an R1S, I can echo this sentiment. We are a family of 5 with a big dog. The Rivian is fine for hauling all of us as long as one kid goes in the 3rd row, but that limits our cargo capacity, and if we need to take the dog with us, forget it. The Lightning has so much more hauling and utility value, especially since I put the SmartCap on it (mostly for the dog). Don't get me wrong, I love the Rivian and it definitely has aspects where it shines and I am grateful that I get the best of both worlds. But if I had to get rid of one of them, The Rivian would probably the one to go. Lightning is SO much more roomy in the rear seat. I just wish Ford would could do as well with their software as Rivian does. Even half as well would be a big step up.

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Saw an AMB truck at my work not long ago. Thought it was black at first but after a second glance realized it had a blueish hue in it. I like it a lot, would've been my choice had I custom ordered. Congrats!

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
Congratulations!

One thing I can say is that once you get used to having a full sized truck, it's hard to give up all that space, especially in the back seat.

My favorite thing bout my Lightning is that it's a REAL F-150, with everything that I've always loved about the ICE version, only better.

turbato

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium ER, 2023 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Security
Congrats, just traded our 2018 Expedition for a Rapid Red Metallic Lariat yesterday.

MaintGrl

First Name
Marsha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New F-150 XLT Lightning
Occupation
Retired CWEA Grade 3 Maintenance Technician
Saw an AMB truck at my work not long ago. Thought it was black at first but after a second glance realized it had a blueish hue in it. I like it a lot, would've been my choice had I custom ordered. Congrats!
When I got my truck, I was looking at the colors available, namely Anti-Matter Blue or Red (?), Grey, Black, White, Silver are not colors. I refuse to drive a red truck so the Anti-Matter Blue it was. My Totaled 06 Taco 4x4 was a Indigo Blue, also a DARK Blue. I've been very happy with the AMB color.
Sponsored