• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I think it's the active cooling that would be an issue for an extension cable for DC chargers
Higher gauge cable may be able to compensate. I would diffidently pay for one if it existed.

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 ER Lariat +PRB +Unleashed, '11 ford escape v6
Occupation
Software
If they're making a press release now but not announcing specifics, I'm guessing it might be a little delayed. "Soon" "reserve"

1Jetpilot

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired Pilot
and how will they disburse them?

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Does anyone know, how Tesla knows it is a Ford that is connected? Does the truck give the supercharger a VIN number? I can't see how these adapters would be special in that regard.

ddimit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla model S 2023 F150 Lightning Lairat
Occupation
Manager
Does anyone know, how Tesla knows it is a Ford that is connected? Does the truck give the supercharger a VIN number? I can't see how these adapters would be special in that regard.
VIN info is passed to the charging network through the initial handshake. Same way plug and charge works on CCS1

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Yep, VIN is provided. That's how Tesla knows who had free charging from their early model S owners.

PreservedSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
When billing fees are involved, they’re going to know much more than just vehicle type

Sponsored

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
@Ford Motor Company Good on you! thank you.

I will take a big "L" on this one. I was wrong.

I put the odds at way less than 5% we would get one for free. Farley's clumsy speaking cost him on this one. Good on him by turning it into good "PR".

Now hopefully I am wrong... but my guess is we dont have these things in our hands until Q3 or Q4.
Also, Yes, thank you for asking. I am a naturally pessimistic person!

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
If they're making a press release now but not announcing specifics, I'm guessing it might be a little delayed. "Soon" "reserve"
They keep saying "Spring" which in Ford speak usually means June. Giving time to ship them all out, I would say should plan on getting them sometime in the July-Sept. timeframe, but maybe I will be pleasantly surprised!

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
They keep saying "Spring" which in Ford speak usually means June. Giving time to ship them all out, I would say should plan on getting them sometime in the July-Sept. timeframe, but maybe I will be pleasantly surprised!
yep, I agree 100% with your assessment on this

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Maybe the first task for all the new Ford HQ interns will be processing orders forward to the manufacturing site(s) of the adapters and flood the market quickly.

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
Why would you say that?
We are all early adopters here, some earlier than others....
You do realize there are lots of people out there that think we ALL are fools for simply buying this truck.
Because they acted like a bunch of inpatient toddlers, needing a new shining thing, without knowing what would be allowed.

And speak for yourself. I am not an early adopter nor do I think I am nor am I any special because I drive an electric truck. That mentality is why the knuckle dragging side of the world think we are crazy. Stop thinking we are special. We chose this shit show and there is nothing guaranteed that it will actually be better.

For me, I wanted an electric truck. I wanted to charge at home and I wanted to not visit the gas station. So I got everything I wanted.

Your reasons may vary, and may be disappointed.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.