• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Heading to the dealer for Low Voltage Battery Sensor replaced (CSP 23B70) and the High Voltage Battery Module/BECM software update (CSP 23B57)

Matigo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning XLT
Good morning all,

I am heading to the dealer this Thursday to get the Low Voltage Battery Sensor replaced (CSP 23B70) and the High Voltage Battery Module/BECM software update (CSP 23B57). They said they need the truck for a day to complete the service.

I am not concerned about the low voltage battery sensor, but I'm a bit anxious about the battery module replacement. From what I understand, it is either a simple software upload or an invasive meddling with the battery pack.

From your experience, anything I should look for, or make sure they do before taking the truck back home? Like computer reset of some sort, battery calibration or any other step that they could "forget to complete?

Sure hope they don't have to take the truck apart to replace individual battery pouches, the truck has been running great so far without any issues. Any insight on you experience is appreciated!
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
The sensor takes about 5 minutes, I believe they budget 18. The BECM update is usually all that is needed, no module replacement.

PreservedSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
I’ll be dropping mine off on Thursday for exactly the same thing.
Fingers crossed just an update and the battery sensor replacement too.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
glad to hear someone's getting CSP 23B7. Been waiting on mine for 3 months now.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
They will run a non-invasive diag test of the HVB to confirm that you have no modules with defective cells, if they find a problem, that's when a module will be ordered and replacement might take some extra time.

Read the original threads on both topics for what others have experienced.

BSull

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette, F150 Lighnting, Mercedes GLC300
Occupation
retired
Speaking of 23B57, how long does it take for the mothership to understand and drop the alert online and in Ford Pass after this has been completed. I have a no cost invoice that says this CSP was completed the end of January. It only took a couple of days for the 23B70 CSP to drop off.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Speaking of 23B57, how long does it take for the mothership to understand and drop the alert online and in Ford Pass after this has been completed. I have a no cost invoice that says this CSP was completed the end of January. It only took a couple of days for the 23B70 CSP to drop off.
From what I've heard they are intentionally leaving open for tracking purposes, not certain why when the telematics is reporting the trucks health status continuously.

FordBookends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning Lariat, ‘68 Mustang Conv, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Engineer
From what I've heard they are intentionally leaving open for tracking purposes, not certain why when the telematics is reporting the trucks health status continuously.
Mine went in twice on this. B57 BECM software update and battery diagnostics took them about a day. The B50 LVB module was not available but they still took the frunk apart to inspect something (there was windshield washer cap damage, which they replaced, and a clip missing). The B57 item stayed on the CSP list and we did talk about how to get it removed, something at the Ford end. They came and picked up the truck last week for the B50 module replacement, where they also installed a new clip. That did not take long, less than 1/2 day. They couldn’t do a mobile service for some reason, but they did talk to Ford, and now the B57 CSP is cleared. The B50 CSP is still active and I will give it a few weeks before following up.

THX1138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I had both of these performed on two different trips to my dealer. On mine, the HVB task was just a software update to better monitor the HVB. No actual action performed on the HVB.
And the monitoring shows no issues with the HVB. (Knock on wood)

The LVB monitor was replaced and resulted in a lot of OTAs.

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Mine took a few months, but it did finally clear.

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat
I need to get both of these done on my truck.

Since some are reporting they "stay on" after completion. Is it possible Ford completed these while the truck was on the dealer lot? Would they be able to check?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I need to get both of these done on my truck.

Since some are reporting they "stay on" after completion. Is it possible Ford completed these while the truck was on the dealer lot? Would they be able to check?
The dealer should have service records.
For 23B70, you can look at the part number on the sensor and see if it still needs to be done.

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat
The dealer should have service records.
For 23B70, you can look at the part number on the sensor and see if it still needs to be done.

That's a good idea. Thank you. I'll check and see what the part number shows.

PreservedSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
I dropped my F150 lightning off this morning for the update, and have the battery sensor replaced.
After dropping it off, it was discovered that the update had been applied when I bought the vehicle in December, but for some reason is still showing up as needing to be done.

They replaced the battery sensor.

However, my low-voltage battery used to consistently read 90 or 91%. After the sensor replacement, it’s only reading 70%.
Will this affect future over the air updates?
Sponsored