• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning Allocations Are Out!?

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
From ford’s internal dealer memo, Ford will send dealers a list of their reservation holders invited for the first wave directly prior to the invitations going out. If a dealer tells someone they are in the first wave, it is just a guess.
Don’t these two sentences contradict one another? We don’t know how much earlier the dealer will get the first wave info from ford. Maybe a couple days earlier? Or is it for for sure right before they notify us?
Sponsored

Wsl346

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Volvo XC60 T8, Many Bicycles
Don’t these two sentences contradict one another? We don’t know how much earlier the dealer will get the first wave info from ford. Maybe a couple days earlier? Or is it for for sure right before they notify us?
The exact wording in the memo is “directly prior”, so it’s a bit open to interpretation on what directly prior means. While I could be wrong, I think it’s a safe assumption that we are not currently in the time frame that could be considered directly prior.

Duckwrangler

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda C5, Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
RN
I take "directly before" to mean they'll only get a very short lead time on when customers are notified. Similar to if they had said "right before." But that's only my interpretation.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
I take "directly before" to mean they'll only get a very short lead time on when customers are notified. Similar to if they had said "right before." But that's only my interpretation.
The dealers already have a list of their Lightning reservation customers in priority order from Ford. They have had that for months.

Duckwrangler

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda C5, Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
RN
The dealers already have a list of their Lightning reservation customers in priority order from Ford. They have had that for months.
But that doesn't mean invitations will go out right down that original list. The dealers can prioritize, and Ford can follow that or not, or bump a totally different person up. It seemed clear that dealers won't know for sure who's getting invites until Ford gives them the names before each wave.

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I was in the 20-30 range at my dealer, got bumped up to top 10 in priority.

Another Oregon dealer got 25 allotted to them, I'm at a large dealer so I'm expecting a MY22. (I didn't ask my dealer their allotment as I know they are sick of answering these kind of questions)

EVTruckGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Another Oregon dealer got 25 allotted to them
This doesn't sound right. I'm quite certain that you are using the term "allotted" to mean something completely different than what it means to Ford. The dealer you are referencing likely got 25 priority spots. That is completely unrelated to how many trucks that dealer will be allotted.

A dealer could be given the chance to prioritize 25 orders but only actually get allotted 10 vehicles during 2022.

Ford doesn't know for sure how many lightnings they will be able to produce in 2022... Therefore no dealer knows how many trucks they will be allotted by the end of the year. The number of allotted trucks will be impacted by the exact number Ford can produce, which I'm sure even Ford is still trying to figure out.

EVTruckGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
The priority order does not in any way imply that any specific customer will get an order invite for the first wave in early January. Some dealers may not get any first wave invites, but others may get several. Some people with a number 1 priority may still have to wait until later ordering waves depending on that dealers allotment and the number of invites Ford decides to send out in each wave.

Last edited:

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
This doesn't sound right. I'm quite certain that you are using the term "allotted" to mean something completely different than what it means to Ford. The dealer you are referencing likely got 25 priority spots. That is completely unrelated to how many trucks that dealer will be allotted.

I meant what I said, I'm repeating what a Portland based dealer said.

Now, I don't think that means first wave...just total MY22 allotment.

Royalist

First Name
Nabil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Land Rover Defender 90 S
Occupation
Student (Aviation Management and Operations) / Farm Manager
Not sure what all the back and forth is about. We know how the priority process works and it's already set (ie, Dec 17th cutoff). As far as waves, subject to change. Just wait till you guys are requested to order and when the banks open. Anything else is just speculation at this point.

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Not sure what all the back and forth is about. We know how the priority process works and it's already set (ie, Dec 17th cutoff).
We don't really know how the priority process works. We know that dealers could submit a list of priority customers based on the number of reservations their dealership received. We know it was due on 12/17. We don't know how that list will translate to order waves.

Will a late reservation who got ranked highly by the dealer get their order invite before a person that reserved on the first minute of the first day? We don't know.

Agree that the back and forth is pointless, especially since we'll be getting a ton of data in the next 8 days.

Royalist

First Name
Nabil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Land Rover Defender 90 S
Occupation
Student (Aviation Management and Operations) / Farm Manager
We don't really know how the priority process works. We know that dealers could submit a list of priority customers based on the number of reservations their dealership received. We know it was due on 12/17. We don't know how that list will translate to order waves.

Will a late reservation who got ranked highly by the dealer get their order invite before a person that reserved on the first minute of the first day? We don't know.

Agree that the back and forth is pointless, especially since we'll be getting a ton of data in the next 8 days.
From the documents provided, one who is prioritized should theoretically overtake those who ordered early. I ordered in late November for example. However, I was pushed from the last spot at my dealer, spot 40, to spot 4. Therefore, I should be ahead of the other guys who are not prioritized, even if they placed orders first day, that’s what priority means. First 5 spots at dealers with 50 or less orders get prioritized.

Someone can buy an airline ticket 2 years ahead of time, and I can buy one 2 hours ahead of time. But because I bought first class, I take priority over the dude who bought it 2 years ago on things like boarding, seats, service, etc. Same principle. Otherwise what’s the point of ford allowing prioritizations if they’re just gonna follow a true timestamp process in the end?! Makes 0 sense. I’m sure day 1 people will still get their trucks reasonably fast though.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
From the documents provided, one who is prioritized should theoretically overtake those who ordered early. I ordered in late November for example. However, I was pushed from the last spot at my dealer, spot 40, to spot 4. Therefore, I should be ahead of the other guys who are not prioritized, even if they placed orders first day, that’s what priority means. First 5 spots at dealers with 50 or less orders get prioritized.

Someone can buy an airline ticket 2 years ahead of time, and I can buy one 2 hours ahead of time. But because I bought first class, I take priority over the dude who bought it 2 years ago on things like boarding, seats, service, etc. Same principle. Otherwise what’s the point of ford allowing prioritizations if they’re just gonna follow a true timestamp process in the end?! Makes 0 sense. I’m sure day 1 people will still get their trucks reasonably fast though.
I hope your first class ticket works out for you as hoped but it's still speculation. This sentence from the ordering guide carries multiple meanings:

Customer wave invitations will be based on a number of factors including reservation timing, Dealer estimated allocation & Dealer prioritization.​
We'll find out soon enough!

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
I should be ahead of the other guys who are not prioritized, even if they placed orders first day, that’s what priority means.
What if Ford (not dealer) decides your place in line for an invitation to visit your dealer will be the average of your timestamp-based position and your "dealer priority list" position, making you position 22?

Did you pay more than reservation cost to get that dealer priority list position?

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
Did you pay more than reservation cost to get that dealer priority list position?
[/QUOTE]

Most dealers offered a bump in line for a promise to pay a premium for the Lightning at time of delivery (ADM). It was not an upfront charge for most.

If this promise moves you up in line by a matter of months or years you will certainly save some amount of money because most future model years prices will be higher going into the future.

If this promise does not move you up to your expectations (you receive a late wave invite or no invite) you have the right to not order within your wave invitation, thereby moving your future invitation back to the order of your original timestamp.

To me, this promise, which had to be effected by December 17th, was a no-brainer (if the promise $$ amount was reasonable).

What worries me though, are those dealers that refused to use the priority process, not sending in a list. It seems that all of their customers will now be subject to the original timestamp list, thereby putting them all at a disadvantage versus priority customers. It leaves Ford with all of the decisions on the value to Ford of a person with a low timestamp versus a person the dealer wants to sell to. Given that the surveys show many many reservations were to first time buyers, I believe Ford may well defer to priority customers in their wave decisions.
Sponsored