• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

jlferg0509

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Malibu; 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning
I can wait. Haven’t needed it yet. You guys work out the bugs.
I'm with you, I've taken 5, 1,000 mile trips (including charging deserts...Alabama, West Virginia, Louisiana) without it with little to no issues. This will just provide another option.
Sponsored

mags

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Pro SR
Occupation
Computer Things
This is a V2 location, Notice only 150kw available, V3's will show 250KW and the Tesla website has new Icons showing a NACS plug and description will read " This Supercharger is Open to Tesla and NACS Enabled Vehicles with CCS Compatibility "
That station doesn't even show up in the app if I filter by Lightning + Adapter. Finally I'm starting to understand which Tesla chargers will work for the truck. I am happy to see compatible Tesla chargers on my summer vacation routes!

Jreed

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning ER Lariat Avalanche
Occupation
Retired Engineer
That’s why you got look at this site when you first wake up. 🥳. 🤣😂

Well I missed that by an hour this morning 🥺 but had mine ordered by 7:00 #4622. But still shows May. 🤷‍♂️ 😭
Normally I do check the Forum each morning but this morning I had an appointment at the dealer to get all the recalls taken care of. The one day I don’t check I miss the reservation by a few hours which means a month long delay until I get the adapter. One thing I’ve learned becoming a Lightning owner is patience.

wighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT (SR 311A), 2023 Genesis GV60
I noticed this late. Says July 2024 shipping for mine.
Still beat me :D Just ordered. Not sure I'm going to be using it anyway, I still have another 1.5 years of free EA so I will continue to try and use them for any trips.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Don’t forget to update your Ford Pass

IMG_0986.png
My app is updated. I see Tesla but not EA. Is it because I have not used up my credit yet? because I don't have the OTA on truck yet? or because I have a setting off somewhere else?

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
My app is updated. I see Tesla but not EA. Is it because I have not used up my credit yet? because I don't have the OTA on truck yet? or because I have a setting off somewhere else?
hmmm not sure

Tclark5

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
UPDATED WITH PRESS RELEASE:

creenshot-2024-02-29-at-5-27-42-e2-80-afam-png-png.png

Today, Ford F-150 Lightning and Mustang Mach-E retail customers are the first of any non-Tesla automaker to gain access to Tesla Superchargers across the U.S. and Canada.

According to a Cox Automotive Consumer Sentiment Study, lack of charging stations is the second largest barrier after price when it comes to purchasing an electric vehicle. As EV prices come down, improving access to reliable fast charging is critical to help more customers confidently choose an EV.

The 15,000+ available Tesla Superchargers more than double customer access to reliable DC fast charging on the BlueOval™ Charge Network.

Ford is saying thank you to its electric vehicle customers by making the Fast Charging Adapter available at no cost to new and existing customers enrolled in the BlueOval™ Charge Network through June 30, 2024. The adapter is required to charge at upgraded Tesla Superchargers. Ford retail EV customers are the first in the industry to have the opportunity to order the Fast Charging Adapter.

RESERVE FAST CHARGING ADAPTER LINK

Retail customers will be eligible to receive a complimentary adapter if ordered by June 30, 2024. Future Ford EV customers can purchase the adapter from Ford for $230 (including estimated tax and shipping).

Ford Pro commercial customers will be contacted this Spring by mail at the address registered with Ford Pro or via their Ford Pro account manager to order an adapter.

The BlueOval™ Charge Network provides one seamless stored payment account through the FordPass App, or Charge Assist App (soon to be "Public Charge") in the vehicle’s touchscreen, which eliminates the need for onsite credit card use. Once owners have created an account and activated Plug & Charge, Tesla Superchargers will support Plug & Charge with Ford EVs. This means customers simply have to plug in and charging will automatically start with charges managed through FordPass.

In the future, Ford will begin offering next-generation electric vehicles with the North American Charging Standard (NACS) connector built-in, eliminating the need for an adapter to access Tesla Superchargers.

creenshot-2024-02-29-at-5-28-35-e2-80-afam-png-png.png

creenshot-2024-02-29-at-5-28-44-e2-80-afam-jpg-jpg.jpg

Go into the FordPass app and go under connected services from your account. You can now reserve the adapter. See below.

IMG_7276.png

IMG_7275.png
Thank you, I reserved mine today 2/29/24!

Kit2874

First Name
Kit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
I’m a little pissed off I don’t use Facebook or X so I never saw the press release from Jim Farley and because the news was released early all of you on the east coast got a jump on all of us on the west coast. I placed my order at about 10:00 AM PT and I’m #18022, looking at a June delivery date. I guess the east coast Tesla owners will feel the flood of Ford owners before all the west coast Tesla owners.
If I was a betting man they have them made, now this is just a tinfoil hat conspiracy theory....my guess they are releasing them this way so Tesla chargers doesn't get swamped......

Again just a wacky tinfoil hat moment

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
hmmm not sure
Just checked the app in the truck and it still shows EA locations as plug and charge so I am not gonna worry about the Ford Pass App.

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I only ordered mine at 3:42 PM today. I'm @ 24,402, with an estimated delivery date of July 2024. Since I have yet to DC fast charge, it's not crucial for me. Closer to 100% reliability for the Home Integration/FCSP/FordPass bit would excite me a lot more, e.g. a new version of the FordPass app you could actually rely on...

Sponsored

LYFISHER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightening Lariat Extended Range
Found an example of Tesla supercharger usable by non-Tesla vehicles :)

This is a V2 location, Notice only 150kw available, V3's will show 250KW and the Tesla website has new Icons showing a NACS plug and description will read " This Supercharger is Open to Tesla and NACS Enabled Vehicles with CCS Compatibility "
Ford F-150 Lightning NACS Adapter Now Available + Ford EV Owners Can Now Charge on Tesla Superchargers in U.S., Canada! 🙌 oevc.PNG

LYFISHER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightening Lariat Extended Range
That station doesn't even show up in the app if I filter by Lightning + Adapter. Finally I'm starting to understand which Tesla chargers will work for the truck. I am happy to see compatible Tesla chargers on my summer vacation routes!
It has to be explicitly stated:

Ford F-150 Lightning NACS Adapter Now Available + Ford EV Owners Can Now Charge on Tesla Superchargers in U.S., Canada! 🙌 oevc.PNG

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
11% SOC before 8am...it looks like you anticipated this today and didn't plug in overnight!
Hahhhhhhaaa,

I hit the road from Mass to NJ at 2am, 210 miles through NYC traffic, near gale force winds and flash freezing conditions, rolled out of garage 100% and fully pre-conditioned, arrived at the meeting point with 11%, chilled for 90 minutes waiting for Ford team and rest of invitees to arrive, I cranked up the cabin heat and set a local EA station as my destination to make sure the HVB stayed warm and ready to kick off a strong charging session.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
That’s why you got look at this site when you first wake up. 🥳. 🤣😂

Well I missed that by an hour this morning 🥺 but had mine ordered by 7:00 #4622. But still shows May. 🤷‍♂️ 😭
I reserved about 50 minutes after the press release and mine also says May. (order# 1568)

ddbrooke

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I ordered this morning but never got a confirmation email so just now I went into my account and couldn't find any indication of an order but the button to order was still available. I figured I would see what would happen if I tried to order one again. It went through instantly, sent the email, and showed my order in my account. So if anyone didn't get confirmation and thought, like me, that it would show up later, go through the order process again because you may not really have an order.

This is what I see now after my second attempt.

Ford F-150 Lightning NACS Adapter Now Available + Ford EV Owners Can Now Charge on Tesla Superchargers in U.S., Canada! 🙌 Supercharger adapter order screen 2

This is what was shown online after I ordered this morning

Ford F-150 Lightning NACS Adapter Now Available + Ford EV Owners Can Now Charge on Tesla Superchargers in U.S., Canada! 🙌 Supercharger adapter order scree
Sponsored