• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

New Ford Lightning Owner Stranded Without Ford Home Charging Station

geographer

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Geographer
I purchased my new Lightning truck on November 25, 2022 and have a few questions. Thank you in advance for any responses provided.

1) How long does it take Sunrun/Ford to get the Home Charging Station sent out to the customer?

2) When the dealer dropped off the vehicle, the truck only had 65 Miles to empty. After taking several days of continuous charging with the backup charger, I got the truck to 230 miles to empty range at 100% charge. Will the truck realize the advertised 300-mile range once I receive the Home Charging Station?
Sponsored

Attachments

Tomwilli2025

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Sales
I purchased my new Lightning truck on November 25, 2022 and have a few questions. Thank you in advance for any responses provided.

1) How long does it take Sunrun/Ford to get the Home Charging Station sent out to the customer?

2) When the dealer dropped off the vehicle, the truck only had 65 Miles to empty. After taking several days of continuous charging with the backup charger, I got the truck to 230 miles to empty range at 100% charge. Will the truck realize the advertised 300-mile range once I receive the Home Charging Station?
Hello. I recommend getting a 14-50 240amp receptacle installed ASAP. 120volt is not practical, too slow. Have you validated your delivery with Sunrun? I think the website is https://shop.sunrun.com/ford/address/lookup/ . The dealer should have given you information to do this. Hope this helps.

OP
OP

geographer

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Geographer
Hello. I recommend getting a 14-50 240amp receptacle installed ASAP. 120volt is not practical, too slow. Have you validated your delivery with Sunrun? I think the website is https://shop.sunrun.com/ford/address/lookup/. The dealer should have given you information to do this. Hope this helps.
Thank you @Tomwilli2025 - I will get on the 240amp ASAP and have contacted the dealer regarding the Sunrun validation since I didn't get an order number from Ford. Someone backed out on this truck and I was the lucky/unlucky recipient.

Tomwilli2025

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Thank you @Tomwilli2025 - I will get on the 240amp ASAP and have contacted the dealer regarding the Sunrun validation since I didn't get an order number from Ford. Someone backed out on this truck and I was the lucky/unlucky recipient.
You're welcome. I think you'll love the truck as long as its not a road tripper vehicle and you can charge at home. It tows great but the range is only 150-200 miles depending on aero of the load. I've researched public charging in Indiana and it's not the best. I usually make a few trips up there north of Terre Haute every year to deer hunt and its a challenge getting from Clarksville TN to Evansville because of infrastructure. Good luck.

Sponsored

cwstnsko

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Which particular model/year did you get ?
This! If you only got to 230 miles on the GOM at 100% charge, it sounds like you may have gotten an SR truck, which would not include the Charge Station Pro.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Will the truck realize the advertised 300-mile range once I receive the Home Charging Station?
Fact - regardless of the charger used, the range on the vehicle is identical. Why? Because electricity is electricity.

You either bought the Standard Range truck, or you live in a cold climate. Refer to the window sticker.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Quoted from another thread, look for the SunRun C/S phone line to check in to see if they received your sale data yet, that's assuming you bought a truck with an extended ranger battery, otherwise you're on your own in securing a capable EVSE.

So I just got off the phone with Sunrun customer care. Nice lady.

What happened to me may happen to others who did not order their trucks through the Ford web process but instead had their dealer submit the order for them.

There were several things going on here....my address was actually not confirmed because they didn't have my address. My truck was ordered through my dealer and the zip code is different (for one thing) and the address field in Sunrun's system was blank for my order.

They don't currently show my truck as "sold", meaning they haven't been notified by Ford yet.

The lady said that if Sunrun is in the state where the truck is being delivered then they try to get the charger shipped before the truck arrives and also something about a discount on installation. If Sunrun is not in your state then apparently the guidance (rule, business practice, policy) is to ship the charger 15 days after the truck is delivered.

So the lady has taken my details (including the VIN) and is going to run this by her manager when he/she comes in and phone me back later.

If any of the above conflicts with info you've been told then consider what I've said as anecdotal. I'm just relating what's happened in my case.

The takeaway is that if your dealer processed your Lightning order in their shop rather than you doing it yourself on the web then you may need to intervene and call Sunrun customer service and ask for the "Ford Team" to get yourself sorted. 833-394-3384 was the number I called, then press "1" for customer service and ask for the Ford Team.

Mike

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
When your dealer registers the sale under your name, SunRun should receive notice to ship out the charger, assuming you bought an ER Lightning and not an SR Lightning which does not include the 80A FCSP.

Verify what you purchased on your window sticker and let us know ?

Sponsored
OP
OP

geographer

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Geographer
Which particular model/year did you get ?
2022 F-150 Lightning with Dual Emotor-Extended Range Battery. I haven't seen anything close to 300 miles of range (235). It was a mannequin for the dealership. The most range I have seen so far is 235 miles.

OP
OP

geographer

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Geographer
100%. This thread title will only add more anxiety to people researching the truck.
I certainly hope so. It really sucks to have a new truck and not be able to drive it but one day out of the week. I only get 235 miles of range on an extended-range truck and the Dealership/Ford/Sunrun can't figure out how to get me a Home Charging Station. So yes, I am stranded at home for days.

OP
OP

geographer

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Geographer
This! If you only got to 230 miles on the GOM at 100% charge, it sounds like you may have gotten an SR truck, which would not include the Charge Station Pro.
I got the extended range but it was a mannequin for the dealership and had close to 900 miles on it before I took possession.