• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Got PAAK update about two weeks ago. Been working perfect. Got the notice about an hour ago for 22-pu1009-mil-dte I will let everyone know. FYI, I just have my updates scheduled for midnight every night. I don't mess around with manually approving it. So far I've never had an issue... Knock on wood.

Would you mind measuring the voltage of your LVB while the truck is off?
I'm curious to know what your resting voltage is.
Sponsored

mrcoolgli

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lighting Platinum
Got an easy way to do that other than with an ohm meter? I do have one.. but when the frunk is open it will bring down the voltage.

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
Failed to update today. Was after a decent amount of driving too.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Sorry. I forgot this thread was pinned when I started my thread about this update.

I received this update on my way home from work. It totally changed my saved charge location, so be aware if you have your truck plugged in when the update happens it will probably start charging when completed.

My LV battery measured 12.14V with a Fluke multimeter.

Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 22-PU-1009-MIL-DTE Calculation Screenshot_20221212-202628_FordPass

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Mine has continued to fail each day for a week.

Sponsored

Farmford42

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 Bronco
Occupation
Farmer
Got a failed update message just a bit ago for this update. So it is downloaded and tried, truck is sitting in the garage. Drove it last night for about 60 highway miles. Most likely the 12v battery voltage, so it will probably install after my next drive, but good lord Ford, check that voltage at the beginning of the update and if needed, close the contacts and initiate a 12 v charging cycle.

Never once with 2 Tesla's in 4 years (about 80 updates) did this kind of BS ever stop an update from applying.
How about just charge the LVB when the truck charges?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Got an easy way to do that other than with an ohm meter? I do have one.. but when the frunk is open it will bring down the voltage.
Funk open value is fine.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Looks like this update will reset your EV driving history. My DTE was about 300 miles this morning at 95%. It's currently 214 miles and 76% after my 50 mile commute

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Installed last night, no issues. it definitely reset the driving history and charge locations (showing 300 miles of range at 99% battery), but the location for home seems to have come back and it isn't charging from 99% to 100% even though it is plugged in.

Sc954rr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Volvo XC90
Keeps failing whether I try it on schedule or manual, looks like it starts then gets a message saying failed to update.

Sponsored

Farmford42

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 Bronco
Occupation
Farmer
It would really be good to have the error message let you know what the issue was. I noted that the lights need to be off, and wonder if being near the truck will error that out. I got the update today, but it failed to install. Drove for an hour in the morning and then plugged in.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
It would really be good to have the error message let you know what the issue was. I noted that the lights need to be off, and wonder if being near the truck will error that out. I got the update today, but it failed to install. Drove for an hour in the morning and then plugged in.
I've intentionally turned the manual control dial left of the steering column to full off, no positive impact on getting the update to process. The one thing I like about Lightning (or late model Ford in general) the light setting returns to full auto without human intervention on the next run cycle.

Otherwise still waiting for the DTE-PU

Sc954rr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Volvo XC90
tried the update just before manually and it worked. Be warned though it blew out my charging preferences and locations. So the truck started charging to 100% once update was done. Definitely notice screen boots up faster and seems much snappier as mentioned elsewhere.

tomjackbear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Sonata, Honda HRV, Ford F150L
Would you mind measuring the voltage of your LVB while the truck is off?
My resting voltage (multimeter) ranges from around 12.2 to 12.6. I thought the voltage level was possibly affecting my updates so I hooked up a charger (Clore PL2320) that can supply a constant 13.85 volts up to 20A. Car Scanner (OBD) reported 13.5+ volts during the “Preparing update” phase but it didn’t make a difference…the update still failed.

So from my limited experimentation I don’t think voltage (assuming you are above 12.0V) plays a part in the updates failing.

FWIW my 12V SOC was around 88-91% (reported via OBD) when I would manually start my update. I would have thought this was high enough but I don’t know what minimum value is required to proceed with the update.

Last edited:

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I got the notice a couple days ago. I have updates scheduled for midnight. Last two nights got the update failed message in FordPass shortly after midnight. Yesterday tried the Update Now and it failed about 5-10 minutes in. Plugged in charger and still failed. Left it on charger and charged to my default 90%. Left on charger overnight. This morning I get the notice that update is installed. And that apparently also reset charge level so now I’m at 100% and 322 mile range. But it also shows I’m home with a target of 90%.

Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 22-PU-1009-MIL-DTE Calculation A11D1112-5849-4EA2-9BF3-23B463771CCF (Small)
Sponsored

Last edited: