• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
This is what a gravel driven truck looks like. Had to remove to install my own heater
See if you can find the frunk beeper under there somewhere and post a pic, many would be grateful for that information :)

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
What kind?
From Ford accessories:

F-150 2015-2023 REV Hard Folding Tonneau Cover for 5.5' Bed
Part Number: VML3Z84501A42B

It was pretty easy to install. Also FYI, If you do order pickup at your local Ford, the box will fit diagonally on its side in your truck bed with the gate closed, no need for straps or anything.

Sponsored

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
Tonneau installed

1668042803582.png
They look good. I had the Ford cover like that on on my ICE F150. I really liked it but In the winter the back of the cover occasionally froze to the top of the tailgate in those slushy rain/freezing events.
Pretty easy to get unfroze, but the first time it happened to me, I hit the tail gate open button, it was frozen so did not open. I went on my way, the tailgate unfroze while driving and the tailgate came down. When it happened in the future, I made sure to unfreeze the cover from the tailgate so I could make sure the tailgate was latched.

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
From Ford accessories:

It was pretty easy to install. Also FYI, If you do order pickup at your local Ford, the box will fit diagonally on its side in your truck bed with the gate closed, no need for straps or anything.
Thanks, I asked because it looked like a Bakflip. Waiting for Black Friday in hopes something goes on sale.

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Thanks, I asked because it looked like a Bakflip. Waiting for Black Friday in hopes something goes on sale.
Pretty sure it is said widely that REV is just a rebranded Bakflip. I had a coupon code that made it the same price as the BakFlip so I just sprung for the Ford branded REV, since I could pick it up at the dealer.

mklcolvin

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Honda Insight, 2022 Lightning Lariat LR
Occupation
Retired; Former Systems Engineer
From Ford accessories:

My wife ordered the Roll N Lock E-Series tonneau cover as a birthday present for me from Amazon. Unfortunately, no local dealer (even the Roll N Lock certified ones) would install it, saying that they only install the items bought directly from them. Fair enough. So I look at some of the install videos for the E-Series (ICE F-150), and see that the only electrical connection is to the 12V battery. Well, I know where to find that, so I'm thinking that I could install this myself. While calling around to the local dealers, I find that the E-Series cover is not compatible with the Lightning. Reaching out to the manufacturers themselves, they confirm that the E-Series is not compatible with the Lightning, nor do they have any plans to make it compatible. So no E-Series. Finally I decide to return the unopened box to the Amazon dealer that my wife bought it from. They confirmed that they'd received it, then said that it would take up to 7 days from receipt to process our refund. On the 8th day with no refund received, she reached out to them - now they say that the refund could take from 7-30 working days to get it to us. Beware of folks selling the Roll N Lock products on Amazon. We'll be escalating this ASAP with Amazon itself.

Sponsored

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L ER Lariat - 2022 Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
General Manager - Factory Select Homes
Thanks. I was gonna spray the lugs but decided I'll just order black ones instead. Not expecting it to last more than a season or so, but i had to try it.

Prep was easy. Took about five min per tire. I wiped with wet rag, then dry one. Taped off lugs, ford cap and valve stem. Stuffed a bunch of plastic bags to block rotor/caliper. 4 THIN coats, then 2 heavier coats, all in 5 minute incriments. Went thru 2.5 cans for all four tires.

20220827_153030.jpg
Really looks better then a lot of the expensive aftermarkets I have seen. How is it holding up? What did you do to keep paint off the tires?

Thanks. I will defiantly be doing this on my 2023 when it arrives.

skyak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250, 911, Lightning