• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Dropped truck off to get 7 yr ceramic coating yesterday. They are going to also take wheels off and coat entire rims. I should get it back tomorrow or Thursday. I'm not supposed to wash truck for 2 weeks. I may just park it in my garage for that period and let the coating cure. I just want the curing process to go flawlessly. :unsure:

After that, I'm going to Line-X to get my bedliner sprayed.
Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Installed Inspired Overland roof top tent on my Uptop Overland bed rack today. I’ll test it out in Alabama Hills next weekend.
187F8FB3-77EC-4B17-87F7-0BED7749C26E.jpeg
A82D61A2-5D6F-449A-8F95-7E16C41AF8DD.jpeg
I like that this is mounted lower than roof level, should impact m/kWh less.

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
I like that this is mounted lower than roof level, should impact m/kWh less.
I highly recommend this setup for that reason. I was going between Bishop and Lone Pine, Ca for Electrify America averaging 45 - 65 mph in 55-75 degree weather and averaged 295 miles with the ER battery. The tent is light at 87 lbs. and the bedrack is solid and not heavy.

Mujenpwr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning ER
Which lug nuts did you get? I been trying to decide on which ones. These look great!

Thanks

Lots of little things after taking delivery - tailgate decals, dust seal, bed tie downs, solid lug nuts, charge port inserts. Also got a stubby antenna on and removed the frunk beeper.

IMG_1520.jpeg

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Which lug nuts did you get? I been trying to decide on which ones. These look great!

Thanks
https://www.ebay.com/itm/4005532117...rtbpiyzrmg&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Gorilla 61148BCX. This kit is cool because you can get an extra one for the glove box in case you lose one or it gets messed up. They are β€œOEM” style and have the same dimensions and hex size as the originals which is nice since I didn’t want really tall lug nuts, and you retain the ability to use the stock spare tire iron if needed.

I primarily got them because I’ve had issues on prior Ford vehicles with the original two piece nuts swelling over time. They do come in chrome as well but I think the black turned out really sharp since there isn’t any chrome on the truck otherwise.

Sponsored

Mujenpwr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning ER
Great thanks for the info. I will grab a set of those! Thats perfect

Gorilla 61148BCX. This kit is cool because you can get an extra one for the glove box in case you lose one or it gets messed up. They are β€œOEM” style and have the same dimensions and hex size as the originals which is nice since I didn’t want really tall lug nuts, and you retain the ability to use the stock spare tire iron if needed.

ALAN BORER

First Name
ALAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F250
Occupation
RETIRED
It'll come. "soon". BTW, that white demo in Nashua I mentioned? Yeah, they're asking $30,000 over MSRP. No lie.
And Palm Coast Ford in Florida is charging $20,000 over MSRP THEY SUCK That's why I went somewhere else ! Even after buying 3 new trucks from them !

Eric16lee

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Lots of little things after taking delivery - tailgate decals, dust seal, bed tie downs, solid lug nuts, charge port inserts. Also got a stubby antenna on and removed the frunk beeper.

70525270075__E71911A6-1A1C-48F6-A349-6DF65532EC10.jpeg

IMG_1534.jpeg

IMG_1513.jpeg

IMG_1520.jpeg

IMG_1524.jpeg
Hey @COrocket - where did you get those decals. I'm looking to do something similar.

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hey @COrocket - where did you get those decals. I'm looking to do something similar.
I got the decals on Etsy. The exact ones I got aren’t available anymore but there seem to be several sellers that do dual color inserts if that’s the look you are going for. Mine are just a matte black with blue outline.

Eric16lee

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
I got the decals on Etsy. The exact ones I got aren’t available anymore but there seem to be several sellers that do dual color inserts if that’s the look you are going for. Mine are just a matte black with blue outline.
Awesome. Thanks. I'll look at Etsy.

Sponsored

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Added bullrings, added the rain sensing wiper module, added matrix lighting through forscan, and added the key fob window controls through forscan. Waiting on the parts to add adaptive cruise control and a heated steering wheel!

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Radiator screen again:
I saw the custom one for $60, but this screen is a little smaller holes. Not too bad to get in. I used black zip ties at the top. For $16 dollars, I figured I could mess up a couple of times and still come out ahead. Here is the link to the screen. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08PBM1C2F?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Here is a link to an install video that can be used as a guide. I cut mine 9 x 20 and I think it would fit better about 1/4 inch shorter on Len & Wid.
I used that black aluminum screen (rhombus 6mm x 12mm openings) cut to 8" high x 21.5" wide with the lower corners trimmed off 3/4"vertical x 1.5"horizontal for a tight fit. Four Tyrap spots onto the front plastic grill beams, two 4" thin 1/16" wide black ones needed each location. Bottom of grill into groove there. I could see this being a hassle if needing to work on or clean the radiator air louvers. Not sure how exactly I got the screen into place, just wiggling around, grabbing with needle nose pliers or better was stiff bailing wire hooks. Nice to have it all the way to the sides, but more difficult to get into place.
Ford F-150 Lightning πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_20230521_182031954 front radiator aluminum screen added rhombus 6mm x 12mm 8inH x 21p5inL

Ford F-150 Lightning πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_20230521_182336981 radiator aluminum screen added rhombus 6mm x 12mm, 8inH x 21p5inL w cor

Would be more clever, as was done in that radiator grill store referenced company video, and see if the cable ties could be more hidden going thru the four small (1/16" wide if lucky on one side) leftover clip areas. That requires prepping the screen exactly right with the thin cable ties before installing.

It will be interesting to see if having a screen in front of the radiator is an advantage compared to those Lightnings without one.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Why?

xwing

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning
I went ahead and rotated the tires and checked the fluid levels at 5600 miles. (10,000 mile service) Coolant was barely on the min mark, so filled it between min and max. Brake fluid was good. Brakes look like new. I love that there is no brake dust. I get 100% regen most of the time. Tires looked like they were wearing fine. Retrain Tire sensors by pressing ignition on and pressing emergency flashers on and off 3 times. Message will popup to let pressure out of the left front tire. Do this until the horn sounds and then move to the RF and go around the vehicle till all sensors are trained. Set air pressure to spec.
Ford F-150 Lightning πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? PXL_20230520_183414388
Sponsored

Last edited: