• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 8/22 Lightning Build Week Group

Jaufry

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Tacoma
Occupation
Manager
I just asked for the railcar number. I've found you have to ask for what you want when it comes to Ford Chat - They don't volunteer all of the information.
I didn't catch the car letters when one agent told me a couple weeks ago, and every time I've asked for it since I've been told they don't have the information, and I should check with my dealer. I think it's luck of the draw for the agent you get.

FordEVTruck

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER Carbonized Grey Max Tow
Occupation
Retired Attorney; Teacher
I didn't catch the car letters when one agent told me a couple weeks ago, and every time I've asked for it since I've been told they don't have the information, and I should check with my dealer. I think it's luck of the draw for the agent you get.
If you specifically state to Ford Chat "Would you kindly provide me Railroad tracking information for my truck VIN # 1Fxxxxxxxxxxx? Thank you so much!" This was the magic language that worked for me.

spinnerbait

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4
Is anyone successfully tracing their rail car with Union Pacific? CN passed it off to UP, but when I call their number, it want's a specific number of equipment pieces to trace and then wants IDs for those items. It's not giving me the opportunity to trace a specific railcar.
Not yet - CNR dropped my railcar off at the Riverdale, IL junction point. My assumption is that it will be transferred to UP there. But it's not in the UP system yet. Stuck there for 3 days with stale info.

When i call UP it's -> 1 for english, "trace", and then i provide my railcar code "TTGX160402", "no" for fax and then I get the update.

If anyone has a trace to NorCal - I would be interested in the the route it took.

Sponsored

gapsd

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting
Occupation
Design Engineer
Not yet - CNR dropped my railcar off at the Riverdale, IL junction point. My assumption is that it will be transferred to UP there. But it's not in the UP system yet. Stuck there for 3 days with stale info.

When i call UP it's -> 1 for english, "trace", and then i provide my railcar code "TTGX160402", "no" for fax and then I get the update.

If anyone has a trace to NorCal - I would be interested in the the route it took.
When did you truck get to IL? Mine was either the 9th or the 12th, I have been told both dates differnt times. The UP trace gets me the date of the 29th. But I think that is when it was loaded, not leaving until 9/5.

spinnerbait

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4
When did you truck get to IL? Mine was either the 9th or the 12th, I have been told both dates differnt times. The UP trace gets me the date of the 29th. But I think that is when it was loaded, not leaving until 9/5.
I am a bit behind you. Mine got there in there late on 9/15.

Tracker: Detroit, MI 9/14 -> Riverdale, IL 9/15 -> no updates since.

Skidrowe

First Name
Gideon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning ER, 2014 Honda Pilot
Empty central car control September 19 well 50 2pm best interchange time Laredo Texas September 21st 6am origin ramp Kirby Texas ramp parking information is not available for this shipment.

That's what the UP automated phone service said. Does anyone speak railcar automated computer tracker lingo? Care to translate?

M4rked1

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2007 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
They say that the dealer has the most current information, however I have found that to be the opposite of the truth. According to my dealers system, my truck is still at the plant on microchip hold… just asked them today for an update too.

Skidrowe

First Name
Gideon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning ER, 2014 Honda Pilot
You know what's stressful? Grabbing a pizza in your $20k+ trade-in vehicle for your lightning and having it shudder and die in the parking lot. Then having it not start back up despite your best efforts.

You know what feels great? After getting said vehicle towed home, determining that the oil level is fine, coolant level is fine, nothing is leaking, and since the starter turns the engine over, it's not seized and then checking the fuel pump fuse and finding it burned on one side. I squeezed it with some pliers, put it back in and the truck fired right up. A quick trip to auto-zone and it has a new fuse and runs great!

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/22 Lightning Build Week Group PXL_20220920_021124022.MP

Sponsored
OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
You know what's stressful? Grabbing a pizza in your $20k+ trade-in vehicle for your lightning and having it shudder and die in the parking lot. Then having it not start back up despite your best efforts.

You know what feels great? After getting said vehicle towed home, determining that the oil level is fine, coolant level is fine, nothing is leaking, and since the starter turns the engine over, it's not seized and then checking the fuel pump fuse and finding it burned on one side. I squeezed it with some pliers, put it back in and the truck fired right up. A quick trip to auto-zone and it has a new fuse and runs great!
Don't waste a second trading that in!!

M4rked1

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Called Csx again this morning, looks like I am delayed a day

Last known location: Buffalo NY 9/20 3:30am

Scheduled delivery: East Brookfield MA 9/21 4:30pm

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Called Csx again this morning, looks like I am delayed a day

Last known location: Buffalo NY 9/20 3:30am

Scheduled delivery: East Brookfield MA 9/21 4:30pm
This kind of delay happened when my truck was coming at the end of July, it got hung up between Buffalo & Selkirk NY

newF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
You guys are lucky you're on a train. Just chatted with Ford and mine is at Ramp 5M in New Boston, MI. I guess it's still waiting for a train.

M4rked1

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
You guys are lucky you're on a train. Just chatted with Ford and mine is at Ramp 5M in New Boston, MI. I guess it's still waiting for a train.
Chat would tell us the same. You need to specifically ask them for a train car number.
Sponsored