• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Last edited:

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
My build week is 8/15 so I'll wait until I get the Truck. Thanks I will hit you up then for sure.

Last edited:

Lightning.Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna x 2
Any blockage of spare tire lowering access?
Usually yes. Workaround is to buy some neodymium magnets and attach those to the bars double-sided tape. Magnets are permanently attached to bar, but when needed the bar can be popped off the truck.

edit to add: they come with clips, but then you have to drill holes in your new truck. :eek:

Your example says "up to 2018"?

Last edited:

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Usually yes. Workaround is to buy some neodymium magnets and attach those to the bars double-sided tape. Magnets are permanently attached to bar, but when needed the bar can be popped off the truck.

Your example says "up to 2018"?
Good point about the applicable year limit. Lots of other choices on Amazon, will need to read reviews.

Is the bed on the Lightning steel or do the magnets need to be taped to both the bed and the light bar?

kWfart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning-ER Lariat
Oh yes. After a chipmunk got locked in my garage last week and chewed through the Ford charging cable I had to purchase a new charger so I installed the GRIZZL-E and my precious baby is charging up nicely as I type this.

Been a busy day.
I knew I would hear a story involving a chewed cable. Theodore was without Alvin and Simon!😂

Sponsored

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Sittin' On The Dock of Bay, watchin' the tide.....
Vehicles
It's got four wheels - Waiting on my '22 Lightning
I knew I would hear a story involving a chewed cable. Theodore was without Alvin and Simon!😂
You Sir, are not funny. Someone else beat you to that joke. HA!

I will say that after I bought Grizzl-e charger that the charge cords are like 3-4 times thicker, much more durable, and better coated than the Ford charger.

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
Seeing some of these mods is making me want them. Problem is I’m not sure I’ll be able to install them properly myself. I love the idea of the illuminated ford emblem on the grille and the backup lights/light bar. Hmmm

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Received my decals from Etsy. Not bad, the material is quality and installation is real easy. The fitment is not perfect but close enough and to me it looks better than just the plain F-150. I might end up getting the blue to match the Lightning, I didn’t think about that at first.

Ford F-150 Lightning 🙋‍♂️ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? F137ADC7-42C9-4803-98E5-1EA37E16FA9F

Ford F-150 Lightning 🙋‍♂️ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? CEFF438D-B658-43C2-8CAA-FA4AEC12BE01

I’m going to see if we can get some Gel inserts made like I had on my RS:

Ford F-150 Lightning 🙋‍♂️ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? CFDEB015-441E-4198-ABB1-6C96EE01B303

Sponsored

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Received my decals from Etsy. Not bad, the material is quality and installation is real easy. The fitment is not perfect but close enough and to me it looks better than just the plain F-150. I might end up getting the blue to match the Lightning, I didn’t think about that at first.

F137ADC7-42C9-4803-98E5-1EA37E16FA9F.jpeg

CEFF438D-B658-43C2-8CAA-FA4AEC12BE01.jpeg

CFDEB015-441E-4198-ABB1-6C96EE01B303.jpeg
I purchased the “Lightning blue” and hope it matches the blue accents well but my truck is a month out still lol. It might be worth providing some fitment feedback to the seller. Maybe they can adjust future batches.

I may not have my truck yet, but I received my tailgate decals today! :)

decal1.jpg

Lightning for my Rapid Red Lightning!

Etsy
Part of me wants to order these immediately! The other part thinks it might stand out a little more than I’d like. Iced blue silver here.

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Sittin' On The Dock of Bay, watchin' the tide.....
Vehicles
It's got four wheels - Waiting on my '22 Lightning

F137ADC7-42C9-4803-98E5-1EA37E16FA9F.jpeg

CEFF438D-B658-43C2-8CAA-FA4AEC12BE01.jpeg

CFDEB015-441E-4198-ABB1-6C96EE01B303.jpeg
Mine is Atlas blue. I can't decide if I want a light blue (like the color accents around the LIGHTNING on the bed), a darker gray like the plastic Lariat strip under the "F-150" or maybe a nice US flag motif if I can find one.

What color are your gray ones, and how close are they to that Lariat strip underneath them? They look close, but sometimes pictures don't do them justice.

Also, where did you get them on Etsy? I think you posted earlier but I'm too lazy to go through 5 pages to find it - if I'm being honest.

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
The thing comes with a long wire set that plugs into the fuse box and you put the fuses into that, and run it up the hood and plug that into the wires on the back of the emblem. I didn't have to jerry rig anything. The instruction book that comes with it is for the ICE versions of the F-150, so I hat to use that YouTube video I linked to before to get the idea.

As for the fuse 181 in the fusebox under the hood. The fusebox layout is on pages 428-431. They even have two fuses in the kit to use as well.

It would have been easier if they had Lightning variant for the emblem with a 10-pin connector, but mine works. I did need about 10-12 small zip ties to secure the wires to the washer fluid hose so there would be less chaffing and such.
I got excited about adding the emblem then realized I had already used the discount. Now I’m sad over missing this earlier. 😔It looks great so I guess I’ll suck it up and get it.

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Mine is Atlas blue. I can't decide if I want a light blue (like the color accents around the LIGHTNING on the bed), a darker gray like the plastic Lariat strip under the "F-150" or maybe a nice US flag motif if I can find one.

What color are your gray ones, and how close are they to that Lariat strip underneath them? They look close, but sometimes pictures don't do them justice.

Also, where did you get them on Etsy? I think you posted earlier but I'm too lazy to go through 5 pages to find it - if I'm being honest.
Its close to the same color and you probably won’t be able to tell the difference it you get the Matte Black.
Sponsored