• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Thanks for the information! I have an old hard-wired OBD scanner and need to upgrade. I assume you are referring to the Car Scanner ELM OBD 2 app? Which specific (high quality) OBD2 adapter would you recommend? I use an iPhone.
I bought this one and it works. I haven't used it much, and I don't know how HQ it is, but it did work, it is Wifi. I haven't used it since the first week after I realized it conflicted with CarPlay.

I had an older Bluetooth version and I put it in the truck, but honestly haven't opened CarScanner since then.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZYTZ7LJ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
Sponsored

MJDore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Finance
First weekend with the truck and had a blast knocking things off the list that I accumulated from this thread:

1. Swapped out chrome lugs for black on my Lariat wheels
2. Took care of the frunk beeping by removing the speaker
3. Installed the Megaohm solution for the reverse beeping (off-road use only, of course)
4. @BestEvMod center console organizer tray
5. Front license plate holder kit from Mishimoto to avoid drilling into the truck
6. Booked my Line-X appointment
7. Extension cord for my NEMA 14-50 mobile charger connection
8. Received FCSP and unboxed. Waiting on SunRun to install.
9. Watched 300 tonneau cover review videos LOL

Thanks for all of the info in this thread!

IamPBandJam

First Name
Jame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat Lightning
First weekend with the truck and had a blast knocking things off the list that I accumulated from this thread:

1. Swapped out chrome lugs for black on my Lariat wheels
2. Took care of the frunk beeping by removing the speaker
3. Installed the Megaohm solution for the reverse beeping (off-road use only, of course)
4. @BestEvMod center console organizer tray
5. Front license plate holder kit from Mishimoto to avoid drilling into the truck
6. Booked my Line-X appointment
7. Extension cord for my NEMA 14-50 mobile charger connection
8. Received FCSP and unboxed. Waiting on SunRun to install.
9. Watched 300 tonneau cover review videos LOL

Thanks for all of the info in this thread!
I bought the Ford Tonneau cover when building the truck. It takes up a bit more space than I wanted, but by far the best cover I have had. Incredible durable and strong. Without a doubt - you should go with that one if you are not price conscious.

Sponsored

anthafied

First Name
Anthy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Occupation
Firefighter paramedic
Picked her up and headed straight for the tire shop. Method wheels 18x9 +18 offset. Yokohama AT 275 70 18. No lift or level.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Made a few upgrades! Sadly, after installing the bull guard it interfered with the sensors so had to take it off. Although, I then plasti-dipped the tow hooks with Lightning Blue and will reinstall tomorrow.

Ford F-150 Lightning πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? 1674529751964
This has to screw up the adaptive cruise control, that assembly blocks the radar unit!!!

I had issue last night with a simple coating of wet snow slush interfering with the my radar and adaptive cruise, to the point that Blue Cruise would not engage

IamPBandJam

First Name
Jame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat Lightning
This has to screw up the adaptive cruise control, that assembly blocks the radar unit!!!

I had issue last night with a simple coating of wet snow slush interfering with the my radar and adaptive cruise, to the point that Blue Cruise would not engage
it sure did. Was so disappointed. Had to take it off.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician

And it's blocking the air inlet for the radiator.

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
I had the same issue in just rain.

Sponsored

badger_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat / 2021 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Network Engineer
Does that mount affect the front parking sensors at all?

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
Thanks for the information! I have an old hard-wired OBD scanner and need to upgrade. I assume you are referring to the Car Scanner ELM OBD 2 app? Which specific (high quality) OBD2 adapter would you recommend? I use an iPhone.
I’m using an OBDLink CX….. https://www.obdlink.com/products/obdlink-cx/ because it is also compatible with ABRP.

I originally went with the MX model, which works better with TorquePro (Android-only app), but it isn’t compatible with ABRP, I own an iPhone, and I wanted to use a single device.

YankeeCP

First Name
CP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR Lightning
Made a few upgrades! Sadly, after installing the bull guard it interfered with the sensors so had to take it off. Although, I then plasti-dipped the tow hooks with Lightning Blue and will reinstall tomorrow.

IMG-2044.jpg

IMG-2087.JPG

IMG-2103.JPG

IMG-2104.JPG

IMG-2105.JPG
Where is the power button cover up from?

MJDore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Finance
Does that mount affect the front parking sensors at all?
No issues so far. Parking sensors work, Blue Cruise, etc. Somewhere on these forums I read to mount it different than instructed. The plate holder bracket itself is under the tow hook with the mounting piece on top. That lowers it ever so slightly versus having the plate holder on top of the tow hook. I'll try to snap a pic today.