• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Charge station pro cannot connect to charging station

Punk9721

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
I’ve had the Ford charge station pro for almost a year now and it’s been working great after a bit of trouble setting it up. Noticed 2 days ago I’m getting the message “ wasn’t able to connect to the server”. I have cycled the power still the same message. Is there anything I can do? It seems like this is connection problem on Ford’s end. I can see on my Wi-Fi network that the station is sending data up and down.
IMG_0301.png
IMG_0306.png
How did you find or setup that WiFi report of data being sent back and fourth between the FCSP? I’ve been having this exact issue and it’s also not following its charging schedule, so it has charged during peak hours which kills me. I thought it was because I lost power on Sunday but sounds like it’s a wider issue.
Sponsored

Punk9721

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
Just a follow up I did call and they recommended turning off the breaker for 25 minutes and that should reset the Wi-Fi. Then I could add the station again like if I just got it. I tried explaining that a few other people are having the same problem and I can see that it’s communicating on my Wi-Fi network and It’s probably something at Ford‘s end, but they won’t go any further until I do that. As of now I’m just gonna wait it out. Don’t really want to reset everything.
Yea I mean you’re talking to a customer service rep, they have no idea what’s going on.

sfringer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
How did you find or setup that WiFi report of data being sent back and fourth between the FCSP? I’ve been having this exact issue and it’s also not following its charging schedule, so it has charged during peak hours which kills me. I thought it was because I lost power on Sunday but sounds like it’s a wider issue.
It looks like @Jim657 has an eero deployment (I have one as well and can get the same view). That WiFi usage screen is from the eero app for managing the wireless network.

MurphysLaww

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat Lightning ER,Cayman,Miata,Q7
Occupation
Systems Engineer
It’s going to take Ford a number of years to figure out how to function as a tech company, and learn standard operating procedures related to maintaining uptime, reliable infrastructure, and change management process.

When I first started working at Time Warner/Spectrum in 2007, coming from Alcatel, they had no idea what a MOP was, and pretty much did maintenance whenever they felt like it.

This is likely going to be a bumpy road, but even Elon wasn’t aware of the problems he would introduce by messing with his disaster recovery systems (at twitter/X) without planning.

It’s almost like people that know what they are doing know what they are doing sometimes…

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
System is still down here.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jim657

Jim657

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning Lariat , 22 Mach E GT
I have a Eero network and with their app, I am able to see how much data is being sent or received by device. You should still be able to set up your charging schedule through the vehicle that’s the only way I’ve ever done it.

OP
OP
Jim657

Jim657

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just checked as of 9 AM still not working here in Canada for me

OP
OP
Jim657

Jim657

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Anybody get connected yet? I’m still in the same situation.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Anybody get connected yet? I’m still in the same situation.
Nope, still down, even tried a power cycle this morning.
Verified that the FCSP is connected to my network.

Balke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat
Down for me but toop FCSP is not connected to my network so I could be having some other issues on top of the system being down.

Sponsored

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
The funny thing is that I have both a Charge Station Pro and a Ford Connected Charge Station. FordPass has been showing that it can’t connect to the FCSP for the last few days, but it has no problem with the Connected Charge Station. You’d think if their “charging server” was down, neither one would work. 🤷🏼‍♂️
@Maquis maybe not so weird as they are made by different companies

DiveMan911

First Name
R.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Acura TL, '13 Ford Escape
FMC customer relations did call me back today and inquired if it was connected…it’s not. She escalated this to engineering. She did admit that they are receiving higher than normal calls regarding this over the last 48 hours. She said she’ll check in on Monday.

Last edited:

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
Having the same problem, Ford Charge Station Pro app says "This station is paired and connected" but the FordPass app says CONNECTION LOST.

OP
OP
Jim657

Jim657

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Having the same problem, Ford Charge Station Pro app says "This station is paired and connected" but the FordPass app says CONNECTION LOST.
Just checked mine it’s still down. I may try shutting down the charger and let it restart but I doubt that will help since it hasn’t the last few times I’ve been trying to get this to work

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I tried power cycling of the FCSP, no joy.......
Sponsored