• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
Remember …. Ford is trying to get dealers to come to your house now for simple stuff like that. Might want to call around and see if some dealers are doing that. Obviously there may be some remote places or dealers that don’t do it…
Great for customers with accommodating dealership service centers.
Agreed. None of the 3 local dealerships by me do mobile service. It sucks cause a quick fix for something like this is easily a whole day at the dealership.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
On another matter today, although Ford today said OTA updates for recall 23C38 and CSP 23B57 are eligible to be applied by Mobile Service when I called my dealer, I was told that they didn't do those through Mobile Service because it required an EV technician (too expensive to have roaming around the countryside?).
That's a shame. I just sent an email to the Mobile Service Advisor at my dealer about the CSP and he called within an hour to set up an appointment for next Friday assuming the part is in.

I found this dealer originally by looking at dealers' web site About Us page. So many just have a generic form to fill out then gets sent to a chatbot. This dealer lists the phone number and email of every manager, salesperson and Service Advisor. The Mobile Service Advisor's name phone number and picture were right there. And he has been super responsive.

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
I am getting all caught up on Tuesday, including my heated steering wheel.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Great for customers with accommodating dealership service centers.
It’s amazing to have. I get a text from the dealer that a tech is on their way. A text when they arrive. I unlock it via FordPass. They text when they’re done and I lock it via FordPass. Invoice is on the driver seat.

They’ve worked on it in my driveway and in the parking lot at work.

For bigger items, the “valet” service is also awesome. They drop off a car, take my truck. When they’re done they come back and swap.

Love the luxury of that experience. Meanwhile…I took a 45 min/ $75 Uber home from Tesla - today despite paying for $3,000 of work out of pocket…

Sponsored

Oafy44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 ford lightning
Occupation
Landscape contractor
That's a shame. I just sent an email to the Mobile Service Advisor at my dealer about the CSP and he called within an hour to set up an appointment for next Friday assuming the part is in.

I found this dealer originally by looking at dealers' web site About Us page. So many just have a generic form to fill out then gets sent to a chatbot. This dealer lists the phone number and email of every manager, salesperson and Service Advisor. The Mobile Service Advisor's name phone number and picture were right there. And he has been super responsive.
Great to hear. It blows my mind dealerships can be so bad at service. Most dealers are landlocked would be my guess - meaning if they built the dealership near a heavy population 20 years ago - they probably don’t have room to expand - let alone add on to a service department - but they are still selling cars every day. Where do all those sales go for maintenance ?

if a dealer can invest in a handful of service trucks my guess is they would increase revenue pretty easily and make a good profit.

my dealer said they will come to change all my ice vehicles oil if I want.

maybe I’m wrong - but even during a recession cars need maintenance

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
I knew something was flaky in the whole 12V system. Hopefully this is the final fix. I already emailed my SA with a picture of my sensor so hopefully he has the part and can take care of it along with my 10k service.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
I wish I was as lucky at hitting the lottery as I’ve been on these CSP and recalls. Winner Winner Chicken Dinner. 😊

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
It’s amazing to have. I get a text from the dealer that a tech is on their way. A text when they arrive. I unlock it via FordPass. They text when they’re done and I lock it via FordPass. Invoice is on the driver seat.

They’ve worked on it in my driveway and in the parking lot at work.

For bigger items, the “valet” service is also awesome. They drop off a car, take my truck. When they’re done they come back and swap.

Love the luxury of that experience. Meanwhile…I took a 45 min/ $75 Uber home from Tesla - today despite paying for $3,000 of work out of pocket…
My Volvo dealer has provided me Uber/Lyft rides when I drop my 18 wagon off for service or repair. It’s 25 miles and 45 minute ride down I-95 in DC. No charge for the ride.
Have to figure out if the Ford dealer will do mobile service. While I appreciate that Ford is trying to make things right with the truck proactively, it’s frustrating that I am having to go back and forth to get things fixed. I mean, I am now making new best friends.

Sponsored

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
I'll probably just try and find one online or even order one at my local dealer to avoid the hassle of having to drop off my truck and wait.

Also I will wait and see how things play out over the next month on the forum, but I have my doubts that this is going to be a widespread fix for the issue. The real root of the problem isn't wildly inaccurate 12V battery SOC values, it's that the PCM isn't programmed correctly to switch on the DC-DC converter frequently enough or in some cases at all, when the truck is off. But still, just sitting parked, the truck is still drawing a small keep-alive current for all the systems.

So as a result, most will struggle with update issues unless they are driving the truck every day for at least an hour or so.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Same part number as you. Anyway, how is your battery compartment so clean? Mine is filled to the brim with dust like Mike G.
I drive on limestone gravel roads occasionally. I could barely tell I even had a battery underneath the white powder.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Those that bemoan the lack of mobile service for EVs don't get the shortage of EV techs. My dealership has ONE. Many dealerships have two at most. Putting them on the road means they aren't working on an EV.

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Yeah, looking at that pic of my sensor I guess it's time to pull the frunk tub and do a thorough clean. While I'm in there I think I'll take one of my old disposable foam earplugs and roll that up and stick it in the little speaker hole for that annoying frunk beeper. I could unplug it..but sticking a foam earplug in there is just as easy.

THX1138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Am I going crazy? This CSP appeared yesterday in Ford Pass. And today it is missing? My truck was plugged in and charging over night, wonder if that alleviated the triggering condition for the CSP?
Sponsored