• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-450 & F-250 Lightning & Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
Does anyone have the Battery Monitor sensor Part Number for a 2023 Lightning Lariat ER?

I understand it's not expensive and simple to install. If so I would rather do it myself tant have to drive 80 miles round trip to a dealership and spend better part of a day to get it done.
Sponsored

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
Thanks. Tasca Parts has 2 in stock for $57 plus shipping fo about $70 delivered.

Edited: Actually it is $76 with delivery and sales tax. I ordered it just now. It's worth $76 to not have to have to waste a day to diagnose and waste another day and sitting in a dirty Ford Service Waiting Room for them to install the part.

Last edited:

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
they were $20 about 2 weeks ago...

I'm not surprised. Currently retail is $82. It's either the Republicans, Democrats , Congress or President of former President's fault. :) Maybe even the Supreme Court. had something to with it.

Nah, it's better than the $25,000 "Market Adjustment" dealers are asking for F-450 Platinum trucks. The Law of Supply and Demand at work.

Sponsored

LazyLightningATX

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lariat ER
That's why I'm giving the dealer one more chance to do it! They SWEAR they ordered the part this time and mobile will come install it! At this point I'm seriously wondering if I'll have my adapter before this sensor?!

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Dealer never got back to me when I asked them where it says an EV tech has to do the swap. I'm done with them. Submitted for mobile service at another dealer, they called me back an hour or two later. Said the part is out of stock but they've ordered direct from Ford (or some sort of order route that is not available to us) and said they will get me on the book for service as soon as it arrives. Cool, looks like this one knows what to do. They're a little more out of the way but I'll probably stick with them for future service.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Also, keep in mind that if you do it yourself, the CSP will never be closed. A minor annoyance to those that don't want to have the dealer do it, but an annoyance nonetheless.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
moved posts into parent thread on LVB BMS sensor discussion

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Blissfully Retired

Sponsored

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
Also, keep in mind that if you do it yourself, the CSP will never be closed. A minor annoyance to those that don't want to have the dealer do it, but an annoyance nonetheless.
Yes, I understood that. If the truck ever goes in for another issue I’ll have the dealer clear the CSP at that time. Until then I will benefit from the original sensor not causing issues with software updates.

Last edited:

YellowGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Yes, I understood that. If the truck ever goes in for another issue I’ll have the dealer clear the CSP at that time. Until then I will benefit from the original sensor not causing issues with software updates.
I'm not sure if you're stuck not getting updates. But getting this done on my truck seems to somehow magically unstuck 9 months of software updates. I don't know if that's because the sensor is now correctly reporting voltage or if the CSP needed to be cleared on Ford's side. Just another thing to consider if you're not getting updates lately.

roadhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Thanks. Tasca Parts has 2 in stock for $57 plus shipping fo about $70 delivered.

Edited: Actually it is $76 with delivery and sales tax. I ordered it just now. It's worth $76 to not have to have to waste a day to diagnose and waste another day and sitting in a dirty Ford Service Waiting Room for them to install the part.
I ordered mine from Tasca on 2/7 and am still waiting for it to ship (FWIW it was $20.97 + shipping). They reached out to be for my VIN, which they apparently have to submit to Ford to get the item.

Last update I got as on 3/1 - "We have sent the requested information to Ford so they can release the part to us."

DamSea

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Dealer never got back to me when I asked them where it says an EV tech has to do the swap. I'm done with them. Submitted for mobile service at another dealer, they called me back an hour or two later. Said the part is out of stock but they've ordered direct from Ford (or some sort of order route that is not available to us) and said they will get me on the book for service as soon as it arrives. Cool, looks like this one knows what to do. They're a little more out of the way but I'll probably stick with them for future service.
My dealer also tried to play that card that an EV tech has to do it. I finally convinced them that the part was no different than on an ICE truck. Its like they don't even want to touch an EV, even for the simplest maintenance.
Sponsored