• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tclark5

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
That's why I'm giving the dealer one more chance to do it! They SWEAR they ordered the part this time and mobile will come install it! At this point I'm seriously wondering if I'll have my adapter before this sensor?!
I can relate! Called dealership end of January about battery sensor campaign. I went to dealership and talked to service writer, she looked me and found the info for the sensor, said she would order and notify me. I called her in February, left message to call me back, same for 2nd week of march. Called back same week, voiced my problem, different service writer asked for me to take picture of my sensor. 3 days later , called back never rec picture, he gave me his personal cell, send to him, he texed me back 2 hours later, said would be in 3 to 5 days…..
Sponsored

Tclark5

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
I can relate! Called dealership end of January about battery sensor campaign. I went to dealership and talked to service writer, she looked me and found the info for the sensor, said she would order and notify me. I called her in February, left message to call me back, same for 2nd week of march. Called back same week, voiced my problem, different service writer asked for me to take picture of my sensor. 3 days later , called back never rec picture, he gave me his personal cell, send to him, he texed me back 2 hours later, said would be in 3 to 5 days…..
Update! Just notified my bms sensor is in! 3.15.24

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Also, keep in mind that if you do it yourself, the CSP will never be closed. A minor annoyance to those that don't want to have the dealer do it, but an annoyance nonetheless.
I did mine. It later occurred to me that in order to clear the recall they might want the old one back. So last week I dropped by and gave it to one of the service managers and he said he’d clear it. It was gone the next morning when I checked PTS.

captcory

First Name
cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 FORD Lightning PRO, honda pilot
Hey looks like we got the same service advisor. lol I got the same answer when I asked about the mobile service. They said no but would give me an appointment in about a month. and would provide a loaner. well the day of my appointment came and I get a call saying that they would need to order the part and It would be another week and they would like to come out with their mobile service. The icing on the cake is, I went in there a week before my 10,000 service(tire rotation) and asked them to order the part so it could be done at that time. Yea they couldn't figure that out either......I'm still waiting.
I was out of town for a week and so I called the dealer to see the status of my appointment....they couldn't find any appointment and asked if I needed an oil change or something. I said no I was wondering if they got the part in for the CSP. several days later and several "we'll call you back". Now they say they are sending out mobile service to check if I have the bad sensor and then they will order the part. I told them that I do have the bad sensor and I could send them a picture of the part number on it, they said nope we need our technician to come look.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I was out of town for a week and so I called the dealer to see the status of my appointment....they couldn't find any appointment and asked if I needed an oil change or something. I said no I was wondering if they got the part in for the CSP. several days later and several "we'll call you back". Now they say they are sending out mobile service to check if I have the bad sensor and then they will order the part. I told them that I do have the bad sensor and I could send them a picture of the part number on it, they said nope we need our technician to come look.
And then they complain that they don't have enough techs....what a waste of time. Which reminds me, I need to call mine and see if they got it in. They were responsive when I first requested the mobile service and said the part is ordered. We shall see...

Sponsored

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat Atlas Blue
And then they complain that they don't have enough techs....what a waste of time.
Just got this message from a local dealer (this was a duplicate order; I already did the replacement myself with a part from another dealer):

Hello,​
I apologize for the delay in your order. Unfortunately, the particular part is under a restriction for ordering from Ford. We can not obtain this part for you as it must be ordered at a dealership with your vehicle in for service.​
As such, I have canceled and fully refunded this order for you.​
So it seems that now you can't do the fix yourself. Excellent use of dealer resources - i guess they don't expect a pickup owner to also own a 10mm wrench or socket.

Call for a survey: How many Lightning owners also own a 10mm wrench?

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just got this message from a local dealer (this was a duplicate order; I already did the replacement myself with a part from another dealer):

Hello,​
I apologize for the delay in your order. Unfortunately, the particular part is under a restriction for ordering from Ford. We can not obtain this part for you as it must be ordered at a dealership with your vehicle in for service.​
As such, I have canceled and fully refunded this order for you.​
So it seems that now you can't do the fix yourself. Excellent use of dealer resources - i guess they don't expect a pickup owner to also own a 10mm wrench or socket.

Call for a survey: How many Lightning owners also own a 10mm wrench?
I didn't know until recently that corporate restricts dealer parts counters from ordering too many things in one day or too many quantities of something.

First of all I didn't really understand ordering something you didn't need in the first place...but then I was told that sometimes a dealer will order a quantity of something (like BMS sensors?) knowing that they will likely soon be in short supply...and when the depots run out then the dealers have to buy them from the dealer who has stock on hand at a markup. I didn't know that this was going on, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Just another way for a dealership to make money really.

So when I bought mine from Tasca it was 20$. And a few weeks later somebody said Tasca was now selling them for 57$ (I think that was it).

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
I didn't know until recently that corporate restricts dealer parts counters from ordering too many things in one day or too many quantities of something.

First of all I didn't really understand ordering something you didn't need in the first place...but then I was told that sometimes a dealer will order a quantity of something (like BMS sensors?) knowing that they will likely soon be in short supply...and when the depots run out then the dealers have to buy them from the dealer who has stock on hand at a markup. I didn't know that this was going on, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Just another way for a dealership to make money really.

So when I bought mine from Tasca it was 20$. And a few weeks later somebody said Tasca was now selling them for 57$ (I think that was it).
Dealers weren't satisfied just screwing over customers, they have to screw over each other as well

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-450 & F-250 Lightning & Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
Thanks. Tasca Parts has 2 in stock for $57 plus shipping fo about $70 delivered.

Edited: Actually it is $76 with delivery and sales tax. I ordered it just now. It's worth $76 to not have to have to waste a day to diagnose and waste another day and sitting in a dirty Ford Service Waiting Room for them to install the part.
UPDATE:

Tasca parts asked me for my VIN number for Ford to release the part. Then this week they sent me an email that Ford won’t release the part and I need to go to local dealer for them to order and install. They issued a refund.

I called a local dealer and they ordered the part and they need a “Full Day” To install it. Let’s see how long it takes to get it.

Sponsored

captcory

First Name
cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Well the tech come out today and he had a clipboard with the old (bad) part number scribbled on it. said he was just here to inspect. He looked at my part and said yep it matches you are good. You don't have the bms that needs replacing. I said have you read the CSP. They didn't give it to me he said. He said I have a replacement and I'll install it...great. took him 3 min. After he left I went out to take a picture and read the part number. the new part he installed is ML3T-10C652-BA. Am I screwed? this does not match the part number that is on the CSP (ML3Z-10C679-B)

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well the tech come out today and he had a clipboard with the old (bad) part number scribbled on it. said he was just here to inspect. He looked at my part and said yep it matches you are good. You don't have the bms that needs replacing. I said have you read the CSP. They didn't give it to me he said. He said I have a replacement and I'll install it...great. took him 3 min. After he left I went out to take a picture and read the part number. the new part he installed is ML3T-10C652-BA. Am I screwed? this does not match the part number that is on the CSP (ML3Z-10C679-B)
From Tasca parts desk:

Hello,
Yes the part # you are seeing on the part is the engineering # of the part you order.
The part you received is the correct one.
Ford F-150 Lightning CSP-23B70 Certain 2022-23 F-150 Lightnings - BMS Sensor Replacement tacsa_bms

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
You're replacement part is correct.

captcory

First Name
cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thank you, yes just drove down to the ford dealer and as I was pulling in I got the Tesla update, coincidence? anyhow the parts guy told me the same thing. the number on my part is not the part number but the engineering number. so all is good!

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
my dealer says the part is in will go in for service in the next few days.
Sponsored