• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

"ELECTRIC SYSTEM DRAIN SERVICE REQUIRED" error

MRButtler

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning
Mach-E guys had this issue. I had this pop up twice so I investigated and found out that it could be the Headlights. Basically if they are set to auto they tend to switch themselves to on, remain on and never turn off draining the electrical system. At least that’s what I understood. They have a TSB issued.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...selves-when-vehicle-is-off-–-dtc-b1533.18890/
If that's true, then that explains why some people aren't getting OTA updates. Apparently, the lights need to be switched off.

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...ta-software-update-released.13570/post-296230
Sponsored

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Ford needs to just have the DC-DC converter charge it more often while the truck is on.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
I just got this error today, first time ever in 5+ months & 6077 miles of operation.

My lights were off, the switch is always in the auto position, it always resets to this setting during "Key On"

Interestingly the cabin lamps were not illuminating on door open, the control switch in the overhead control was NOT amber as should be if cabin lamps are disabled. Note I did not have my key fob or PAAK phone near the truck, but when I returned with the fob, the welcome lights came on and the cabin lights worked as expected. So, interior lights won't go one with the presence of the FOB or PAAK device????

Last update was 4.1.2 yesterday.

G-Zeus

First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
I just got this error today, first time ever in 5+ months & 6077 miles of operation.

My lights were off, the switch is always in the auto position, it always resets to this setting during "Key On"

Interestingly the cabin lamps were not illuminating on door open, the control switch in the overhead control was NOT amber as should be if cabin lamps are disabled. Note I did not have my key fob or PAAK phone near the truck, but when I returned with the fob, the welcome lights came on and the cabin lights worked as expected. So, interior lights won't go one with the presence of the FOB or PAAK device????

Last update was 4.1.2 yesterday.
Was your truck in “deep sleep” mode? That happens to me when the truck goes into that mode. A bit annoying because you can’t even remote start the vehicle when it does that.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Was your truck in “deep sleep” mode? That happens to me when the truck goes into that mode. A bit annoying because you can’t even remote start the vehicle when it does that.
I had parked the truck in the garage only about 30 minutes prior, plugged in for charging to occur next morning, then the alert.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Yup happened to me when I left my EVSE plugged into the truck without actually charging(EVSE was set to charge during off peak). I only plug it in before off peak now and no more errors.
This is the same circumstances for my experience today.

gapsd

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting
Occupation
Design Engineer
I had this error, seemed to happen when I kept my key in my pocket in the house. I think it was because everytime I walked far enough away from the garage and the back towards the truck it would turn on all the lights like I was walking up to it. I noticed one day when the garage door was open. Ever since I leave the key near the door on a hook. I haven't had the warning since.

G-Zeus

First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Your LVB is likely bad/sulfated from lack of dealer charging and cold weather. I know it's brand new.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/how-to-recondition-service-your-12v-battery.11069/
So I tried many things, disabling welcome lighting, removing PaaK, disconnecting the LVB, and even reconditioning and charging my LVB to deal with any of this sulfate issue (my charger can detect those conditions and resolve them).

Annnd… still getting the error. Possible short somewhere? Or is this just something that happens with these vehicles?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
It's been a week+ and the alert has not recurred, and I continue doing the same routines.

Sponsored

MRButtler

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning
So I tried many things, disabling welcome lighting, removing PaaK, disconnecting the LVB, and even reconditioning and charging my LVB to deal with any of this sulfate issue (my charger can detect those conditions and resolve them).

Annnd… still getting the error. Possible short somewhere? Or is this just something that happens with these vehicles?
Have you tried resetting the battery management system?

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...o-empty-calculation.13449/page-18#post-297339

G-Zeus

First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Nope, but just gave it a go. Fingers crossed that it does the trick! Thanks!
Still getting the error, although so far not as many. I'm going to spend time this weekend charging/conditioning the LVB again, then will do another reset.

MRButtler

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning
Still getting the error, although so far not as many. I'm going to spend time this weekend charging/conditioning the LVB again, then will do another reset.
Nuts. Good luck.