• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Great job Tom M, sorry I missed meeting you in NJ.

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Great video. The only thing I may slightly disagree with is that Tesla has not lost it’s charging advantage entirely. Having a Tesla makes charging at a supercharger cheaper.

Tesla opening it’s network with current prices (around me) can result in one of two things:

1 - EA and competitors may have to drop prices where their chargers are close to a supercharger.
2 - They may go out of business and Tesla becomes a monopoly and then we see a more serious price bump or membership fee for the network.

For now, this is huge for making road trips with my SR battery.

Curious how Tom is going to test the temp sensors in the other adapters and compare. Safety would be my main concern.

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER; Volvo S60 Recharge
Great job Tom M, sorry I missed meeting you in NJ.

Avenel! Right around the corner from my office! Home of the East Jersey State Prison, where Scared Straight! was filmed.

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Great video. The only thing I may slightly disagree with is that Tesla has not lost it’s charging advantage entirely. Having a Tesla makes charging at a supercharger cheaper.
Yep, and they have the V2 stations all to themselves (until they are upgraded) - which can be critical. For example only V2 currently available between Amarillo and Albuquerque (~300 miles).

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
At 3:25 the Ford rep notes that this adapter has two temperature sensors that can throttle rate if it gets too warm or stop charging if it gets too hot.

I wonder if the 3rd party adapters have those?

Reactions: kab

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
At 3:25 the Ford rep notes that this adapter has two temperature sensors that can throttle rate if it gets too warm or stop charging if it gets too hot.

They do, Tom interviewed both 3rd party makers and they are rated for the same throughout and mentioned temp sensors. They both also mentioned getting UL certified from the recent standard just released.

62F1004x4

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1962 F100 2023 F150 Lightning SR
Occupation
Maintenance
Yep, and they have the V2 stations all to themselves (until they are upgraded) - which can be critical. For example only V2 currently available between Amarillo and Albuquerque (~300 miles).
So glad you mentioned this! That drive through Texas with all of the wind turbines and no place to charge!

Sponsored

tommolog

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
Journalist

Yes, they do.
Sponsored