• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Pass stopped updating

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Hmm odd, as soon as I complained about the problem, an hour later (around 6 hours ago) it fixed itself magically. Thanks magical fairies!

Hopefully the same goes for those affected. During the failure state I tried rebooting and toggling just about everything to no avail.
Sponsored

digitall

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Ioniq
Quick update.
I got it to work by disconnecting the positive battery terminal (of the 12v battery in the frunk) for about a minute and then reconnecting it.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Quick update.
I got it to work by disconnecting the positive battery terminal (of the 12v battery in the frunk) for about a minute and then reconnecting it.
Awesome, like when the hardware absolutely gives up, just cold start the entire truck ecosystem.

Somewhat like my cantankerous old laptop (not win-11 capable), sometimes it won't logout or shutdown gracefully, I need to press the power button until it shuts down dirty, I hate doing that but it works.

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Hmm is there an in car way to do a full reboot like this? I assume the always on LTE modem is what needed the kick here.

Tesla has a procedure to shut off the car from the main menu and wait 2 minutes and that will do a deep power off.

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Quick update.
Oh thank you, good sir. I took the truck to the dealership and they reset the module (although they had no clue). Told me to drive for a bit and it'll start working. Didn't sound convincing and alas it did nothing. I came home and tried what you said (removing the + terminal) and voila, the FordPass app is working now. I can see the vehicle charging.

Thanks again.

Sponsored

wgatkinson

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
I've recently experienced the same problem. I started another thread earlier today outlining the issues and what Ford told me about it. See below:

A few days ago, my FordPass app stopped talking with my 2023 ER Lariat Lightning. It no longer updated mileage and charge and would not allow me to operate anything remotely through the app. I tried all solutions I could find on the internet, including deleting and reinstalling the app and ultimately doing a master reset of the computer in the truck. Unfortunately, none of this worked and I was left with all of my settings being reset so I have to go through setting up everything all over again. This was very frustrating. After reinstalling the app and doing a master reset of the computer, the app prompted me to activate the truck in the app. I tried this several times. When this did not work, the app prompted me to contact customer support. I pushed the button and a very nice and helpful person answered the phone and offered to help. When I told her what was going on, she said this is a known issue in 2023 Lightnings (and Broncos). She said the app works for a while when you get the truck (mine has worked since November) and then it suddenly stops working. She said their engineers are working on it and they hope to have a fix in February. Thought anyone else having this problem might like to know what is going on before they go through hours of work trying to reconnect their FordPass app.

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
After the 4.1.1 update yesterday, my Ford Pass is not updating now. POS. Might have to take the battery terminals out again.

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I may do that. Thx.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Just happened to me. Ford Pass hasn’t updated in 24 hours. PAAK still works but I guess I’ll take my Key fob from now on just in case.

Sponsored

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Couldn't wait and I did the battery disconnect to get it working again. And, yes, you do lose your radio presets. I can't see what other settings I lost.

Greenhme

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150
Just spoke to Ford and they have confirmed that it was the latest update that messed stuff up. They dont have a fix for now and tell you just to wait for the next update scheduled sometime in February.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Just spoke to Ford and they have confirmed that it was the latest update that messed stuff up. They dont have a fix for now and tell you just to wait for the next update scheduled sometime in February.
It's not the update. This had been happening to me since early December and I don't have the latest update. It is affecting MY23 and is a modem issue within the truck (confirmed woth an actual Ford Software Engineer). Disconnecting the 12v Negative power cycles the modem and flushes it which is why it starts working again. They were correct in telling you the fix will be coming out in February.

I'm only posting this as it'd suck if people got confused and were trying to avoid the update thinking that was the cause.

Eastbaylightning

First Name
Antz Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Within the last 9 days, I had this happened 4 times, and had to disconnect the 12V negative every single time. This is really frustrating!
The dealer doesn't even have a clue, this forum contains a lot more information, unfortunately...
Sponsored