• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lack of OTA Updates...Am I the Only One?

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
No updates since March 19th for me.

I recently went in for 20K servicing, and confirmed no OTAs are pending at the moment.
Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
7 months since an OTA, wondering if I can make it a warranty issue if I go a full year and make the dealer load all the pending updates. The annoying thing is that I'd be without the truck for at least a day but I'm not really keen on spending for a battery charger to do the updates myself. All I have is a 6amp charger/maintainer. The waiting game is getting very...challenging.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
It's been a few days past a month since my most recent update (see signature zone) I think that means I'm caught up and just waiting for NEW & USEFUL updates to be released.

BabyDoc1012

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT, 2022 Mustang Mach 1, 2021 Expedition
Got my truck on Apr 27, got 4.2.1.1 on the 30th then got 4.2.1.2 on May 3, but haven’t gotten anything since then.

Joe.....Montana

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Got my truck on Apr 27, got 4.2.1.1 on the 30th then got 4.2.1.2 on May 3, but haven’t gotten anything since then.
You're a lucky one. Purchased truck at the end of March, got 4.2.1.1 a little over a week ago and nothing else. Fairly certain Ford just wants to keep all the "good stuff" for themselves...either that or they know my '23 has the famed broke battery module and they're just waiting to buy it back...

Sponsored

BabyDoc1012

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT, 2022 Mustang Mach 1, 2021 Expedition
You're a lucky one. Purchased truck at the end of March, got 4.2.1.1 a little over a week ago and nothing else. Fairly certain Ford just wants to keep all the "good stuff" for themselves...either that or they know my '23 has the famed broke battery module and they're just waiting to buy it back...
I checked the other day and am lucky I have the new module in mine. It was built in October. So either got lucky at the factory or the dealer fixed it before they sold it.

SpacemanSpiff

First Name
Jayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Hmm... for some reason I decided to read through this entire thread this fine Sunday morning, and an analogy started to form in my mind...

Remember back in high school, (maybe you don't, but i sure do) when you hadn't ever received any 'updates'? And then you hear that someone got their first update last October, and then others chime in on their first update date, and that they've been updating on the regular, pretty much once a week ever since.

And then more people are updating, and then you feel like pretty much the whole school is updating. And you start to wonder if something is wrong with your truck. And everything is driving fine, but you start to think that your truck is going to fall apart if you don't get your first update SOON.

And then Rugedraw (who somehow just knows everything about everything) calmly reassures you that there's nothing wrong, and there's no set schedule for these things, and it will happen eventually. But that all falls on deaf ears.

And then THAT guy chimes in that he'd been getting updates every week for several weeks since mid-February, and it really isn't all that big of a deal, and that nothing has really changed all that much, but he remembers what it felt like before that first update, and how miserably anxious it made him.

It's like that.

Anyway... got my first update Mid February. Updates came about once a week thereafter. Currently on 6.5.0. No updates for a couple months. Nothing really has changed that I can see.

But... I feel like I'm going to explode if I don't get to see my current state of charge displayed on my instrument cluster SOON!

tldr: One way or another, it'll happen eventually.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
But... I feel like I'm going to explode if I don't get to see my current state of charge displayed on my instrument cluster SOON!

Read a few more threads of ancient lore and Yee will find that sometimes you need to take the significant other on a date with your truck to your favorite restaurant for dinner, and luck will be bestowed on your truck.

SpacemanSpiff

First Name
Jayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Read a few more threads of ancient lore and Yee will find that sometimes you need to take the significant other on a date with your truck to your favorite restaurant for dinner, and luck will be bestowed on your truck.
Solid, solid advice. Making a reservation now.

itdwebman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 TOYT 4Runner, 2023 Lariat ER
Hmm... for some reason I decided to read through this entire thread this fine Sunday morning, and an analogy started to form in my mind...

Remember back in high school, (maybe you don't, but i sure do) when you hadn't ever received any 'updates'? And then you hear that someone got their first update last October, and then others chime in on their first update date, and that they've been updating on the regular, pretty much once a week ever since.

And then more people are updating, and then you feel like pretty much the whole school is updating. And you start to wonder if something is wrong with your truck. And everything is driving fine, but you start to think that your truck is going to fall apart if you don't get your first update SOON.

And then Rugedraw (who somehow just knows everything about everything) calmly reassures you that there's nothing wrong, and there's no set schedule for these things, and it will happen eventually. But that all falls on deaf ears.

And then THAT guy chimes in that he'd been getting updates every week for several weeks since mid-February, and it really isn't all that big of a deal, and that nothing has really changed all that much, but he remembers what it felt like before that first update, and how miserably anxious it made him.

It's like that.

Anyway... got my first update Mid February. Updates came about once a week thereafter. Currently on 6.5.0. No updates for a couple months. Nothing really has changed that I can see.

Consider yourself "lucky", I am "stuck" on 6.2X2 for almost a month. Updates appear to have "stopped." The truck has no issues. Ford needs to square this and be a leader in OTAs and most importantly customer-focused communications on the availability of updates.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Consider yourself "lucky", I am "stuck" on 6.2X2 for almost a month. Updates appear to have "stopped." The truck has no issues. Ford needs to square this and be a leader in OTAs and most importantly customer-focused communications on the availability of updates.
It's all perspective, I'm still on 4.X with no updates since Oct '23. I at least have the SoC on my regular dash screen though so I'm mostly accepting of it. Only part that has me antsy is being able to try out BC 1.4 before my trial ends in one year. I may take the plunge and update myself this summer. Starting to look at options and decide if I'm motivated enough. 😆
Sponsored