• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Priority Update: 23-PU1103-NAT-VCE (re-release of 6.2.0)

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Got 6.2.0 yesterday morning. Its so odd my truck never actually tells me when it updated. I only find out later thru the app when I open it. Makes me wonder if my truck installed the Tesla P&C update during my 7 day long cruise and I didnt know about it either.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Makes me wonder if my truck installed the Tesla P&C update during my 7 day long cruise and I didnt know about it either.
Take a look at your Apps home screen, the "Charge Assist" app should display nearby Tesla stations if you got the Super Charger update Thursday or later but prior to this one. If not it should be following along real quickly.

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Take a look at your Apps home screen, the "Charge Assist" app should display nearby Tesla stations if you got the Super Charger update Thursday or later but prior to this one. If not it should be following along real quickly.
Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 23-PU1103-NAT-VCE (re-release of 6.2.0) image

This is what it shows under my charge assist app. Funny enough I have never used it. I have it filtered by P&C only. I guess I did get the update while on my cruise and then 6.2.0 the day I got in my truck. Will test shortly to confirm if it works or not.

FinsNBolts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
This update appears to have broken the drive mode remembering to stay in sport mode. Back to defaulting to Normal after every key cycle.

It was nice while it lasted.

Ditto. 😢
just so you guys know, this was intentional but not Fords fault. I’m sure Ford would love to keep this feature but it apparently violated the law. They had to issue a recall because I guess it is a legal safety issue to remember the drive mode. So, blame the big man for forcing them to roll it back. I received the recall notice awhile back describe the bogus violation.

Edit to add a photo of the recall notice:
Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 23-PU1103-NAT-VCE (re-release of 6.2.0) 1709585488708

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
just so you guys know, this was intentional but not Fords fault. I’m sure Ford would love to keep this feature but it apparently violated the law. They had to issue a recall because I guess it is a legal safety issue to remember the drive mode. So, blame the big man for forcing them to roll it back. I received the recall notice awhile back describe the bogus violation.

Edit to add a photo of the recall notice:
1709585488708.png
Ok, so make sport the new normal, and make normal > eco. Problem solved.

I have to put my loaner from normal > eco every time I start it, so no different. Let me pick what I want my normal drive mode to be, call it that, and call everything what whatever.

Sponsored

FinsNBolts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Ok, so make sport the new normal, and make normal > eco. Problem solved.

I have to put my loaner from normal > eco every time I start it, so no different. Let me pick what I want my normal drive mode to be, call it that, and call everything what whatever.
I wonder if that would work. ford’s solution seems to be to give you that pop up prompt of “return to sport mode?” Which is probably the best legal workaround they could come up with. There is probably some regulation somewhere that showed up as a result of a class action. I’ve noticed all ICE cars I’ve owned with different modes default back to normal too. There must be something to that.

voltavolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning XLT
I recently (about 2 weeks ago) got my vehicle serviced to replace a sensor preventing software updates. Apparently, a sensor was under reading the voltage on my 12v battery preventing updates from going through. After the service, I received an update (about 2 days later) for Ford Power-Up 6.2.0. Since then I haven't received an update. I am wondering how long it takes to get updates? What version is everyone on?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I recently (about 2 weeks ago) got my vehicle serviced to replace a sensor preventing software updates. Apparently, a sensor was under reading the voltage on my 12v battery preventing updates from going through. After the service, I received an update (about 2 days later) for Ford Power-Up 6.2.0. Since then I haven't received an update. I am wondering how long it takes to get updates? What version is everyone on?
Welcome to the forum, I moved your post into the latest version of the 6.2.0 update.
Subsequent updates could come in a matter of hours to days to weeks, it's controlled by Ford & many of us are at different stages of update.

Read through this thread for more details, note my and other signatures, we share a history of our updates and when they posted

Sponsored

fvineyard

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER, 2023 Hyundai IONIQ 5
Occupation
IT Manager
I received 23-PU1103-NAT-VCE today. Update number six in the past four weeks now. Thursday looks to be my day with three of the six updates installing on that schedule and some outliers (schedule wise). Fingers crossed that this holds true until I am current.

sfringer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I, too, received this yesterday. I've had four updates come through to my '23 Lariat ER and each was on a Thursday.
This is the first update I've received that's changed settings; auto-fold mirrors stopped and the first attempt with wireless Android Auto failed to connect.

OtterJohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I got 6.2.0 (the re-release) today upon arriving home after going out to get dinner. Thankfully, this forum prepared me for the "mirrors not folding" issue, got that sorted. :)

This is my fourth (?) update in as many weeks...nice that things are rolling out. Looking forward to getting that SOC % update some time soon. ;)

Ordered date was July 23, delivery date was end of October 2023. So they're definitely catching up! :)

Last edited:

Dave70

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning
Interesting my android auto also failed to connect after getting 6.2. Re release yesterday like others. Had to re authorize android auto on my phone. Also my feedback option in settings disappeared, and no feedback button was placed in the apps section like the update told me I'd get 🤔 12 inch screen XLT ER.

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My truck just installed the P&C update. I guess you can show tesla stations in the charge assist app but never have actually received the update.
Sponsored