• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Reduced range!

Jersey

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Ford F 150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
My 2023 Lightning Lariat will now charge to more than 125 miles. Dealer appointment is 2 weeks out. Is there a fix for this?
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
When you drive, what does the efficiency normally indicate (miles per kWh)?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Also show us a snap shot of your calm screen and a trip meter screen with cumulative recent miles traveled

OP
OP

Jersey

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Ford F 150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
My 2023 Lightning Lariat will now charge to more than 125 miles. Dealer appointment is 2 weeks out. Is there a fix for this?
My reading is 2.3 kw/mile. I am wondering if the instrument panel reading of 125 miles is simply wrong. The light in the charge port reads full. With a gasoline engine I would fill a 5 gallon can and see what happens.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
The light in the charge port reads full.
So your battery / charging information screen of the SYNC 4 console should be showing 81 to 100% SOC?
What is your battery pack size, Standard Range or Extended Range?
Do you have a default trailer profile active in the towing menu? if so, select no trailer.

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My reading is 2.3 kw/mile. I am wondering if the instrument panel reading of 125 miles is simply wrong. The light in the charge port reads full. With a gasoline engine I would fill a 5 gallon can and see what happens.
2.3 miles per kWh (assume that’s what you meant) is pretty much spot-on to achieve the EPA-rated range. Ignore the GOM.

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
If what others have suggested isnt true and you don't have a trailer selected, I'd suggest trying a 12v disconnect to see if it resets things. Sometimes weird things can happen.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I had a weird glitch where it thought I had a trailer plugged in when I didn't. I had to cycle in and out of trailer mode to get it to show the normal range estimate. I agree with the others here, if you are getting 2.3 mpk then you are fine. The truck's range estimate logic is not reliable at the moment. It is better to watch your efficiency and State of Charge (how "full" the battery is).

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The truck's range estimate logic is not reliable at the moment. It is better to watch your efficiency and State of Charge (how "full" the battery is).
That‘s much more eloquent than my simple “Ignore the GOM!” 😂

Sponsored
OP
OP

Jersey

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Ford F 150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Eureka!!
Problem solved! I dropped my boat in last week and hit trailer mode. By doing that the truck revised my estimated range. After reading these responses I felt that the reduced range did not relate to the battery capacity but a setting somewhere. I hit the towing icon and went to no active trailer. Problem was instantly solved. I would like to thank all responders.
Sponsored