• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Used Lariat ER or New XLT SR

TitanGuy

First Name
carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy 2500
Occupation
Sales Rep
Fellas looking to buy a lighting in the next couple months. Here is what I'm thinking. The truck will mostly be a family hauler, I do have a sales job but mostly local driving avg about 50 miles a day. Would be nice to have the extended range for road trips. But we do have a gas SUV that will be used for longer trips.

Should I go with a XLT SR for about 48-50K after credit.

Or go with a used 2022 Lariat ER with about 20K miles, I've seen a few pop up for around 55K
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
For the money ..... 22 Lariat ER

JRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Hmm, I'm not sure about a 20k mike used truck for $50k. Lots of options in $50k to me.

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
If I were buying, I'd look for a 23 ER XLT with the big rebates. And I wouldn't wait a couple of months. I'd do it now.
^This

They will sell out as an XLT ER for $53k is one of the best deals in EVs. Period. Beats the original Pro $40k price (one trim higher $5,000, $5,000 312a package, $10k 131kw battery ER option). An XLT ER costs $20k more than an XLT SR, typically.

I use whole home backup manually from the bed. I essentially have a 131kw Powerwall now.

Ecstatic

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘03 Highlander, ‘83 Landcruiser, ‘22 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Temporarily retired
If you can use the full $7500 federal EV tax credit, I would go for a new ‘23, either Lariat or XLT ER. I actually much prefer the horizontal screen and physical buttons of the Pro/XLT, and can’t stand moon roofs. The Ford discounts and, if you shop around, the additional dealer discounts make the XLT ER a fantastic deal right now.

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
If I were buying, I'd look for a 23 ER XLT with the big rebates. And I wouldn't wait a couple of months. I'd do it now.
I second this as well.

I got a $40K 23 SR that I am perfectly happy with. Lower weight and higher payload. In the past year, there was no driving that would have made a difference and with superchargers coming on line, even less of a difference. BUT for the price difference in current deals, I probably would go for ER.

We have an ICE for long distance trip as well and even with ER, we would probably take the ICE. Lower cost in terms of public juicing and time but for winter driving, or when the truck gets old, or when the ICE dies that extra range could make a difference.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I second this as well.

I got a $40K 23 SR that I am perfectly happy with. Lower weight and higher payload. In the past year, there was no driving that would have made a difference and with superchargers coming on line, even less of a difference. BUT for the price difference in current deals, I probably would go for ER.

We have an ICE for long distance trip as well and even with ER, we would probably take the ICE. Lower cost in terms of public juicing and time but for winter driving, or when the truck gets old, or when the ICE dies that extra range could make a difference.
My dealer gave me the option of X-Plan pricing with the rebate, or their dealer discount which was significantly more. Told me if I didn't take X-Plan pricing, I couldn't use the rebate.

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
My dealer gave me the option of X-Plan pricing with the rebate, or their dealer discount which was significantly more. Told me if I didn't take X-Plan pricing, I couldn't use the rebate.
I see you keep posting this over and over even though it’s incorrect. I worked with multiple dealers who all knew how to apply the X-Plan rebate.

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
Find a different dealer.... sounds like the "dealer discount" is just a way for them to keep more of the rebates for themselves.

EdRudy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Lightning ER Iced Blue Silver
Occupation
IT
I have a 22 ER with tow package, 10K miles, no deletes, iced blue silver, that will be for sale in a few weeks. PM me if you are interested.

Really don't want to sell but my Job is reducing workforce so need to lighten the load a little.
Sponsored