• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wave 7 Orders & Allocations --Phone Call from Dealer

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I agree 100% with your observation. There isn't any way that Ford is actually meeting 96% of NJ reservations with 2022 models.

Perhaps I should have qualified the statistics I presented. They are based on the entries in the F150 Lightning forum Reservations and Orders lists. I am presuming that the random entries in both tables are somewhat statistically significant.

The statistical trend is clear. If you placed a Lightning reservation at a NY or NJ Ford Dealer you are more likely to get a 2022 model than if you placed it in California or Oregon.

Your observation has me thinking about this: What happens in mid-2023 when Ford has delivered Lightnings to every reservation holder in a ZEV state like NJ or NY? In theory Ford isn't taking more reservations, but they aren't going to stop delivering Lightnings to that state. Will Ford open up state specific customer reservations/orders? Will Ford start building for dealer stock in those states?
Or…folks in NJ and NY are more likely to fill out an online spreadsheet and volunteer their data. I know I haven’t filled out the spreadsheet…

On a serious note. The percentages are in line with the volume of reservations. Which happen to be in line with states with the highest EV adoption rates.

It would make sense for Ford to focus on these areas as these folks will generally be ok with EVs in general or likely to even already be familiar with it. Those states will also be more likely to have a supportive infrastructure. Logistically if there’s a bunch of orders there, it might also be more cost effective to ship in bulk.

Of course the credits help as well.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Or…folks in NJ and NY are more likely to fill out an online spreadsheet and volunteer their data. I know I haven’t filled out the spreadsheet…
Ford F-150 Lightning Wave 7 Orders & Allocations --Phone Call from Dealer 1654651684904

Technoman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 JK//2006 1T Silverado/1970 CJ/2023 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
Wow ! So I'm reading this thread and the phone rings with my "chosen" dealer calling me...They didn't leave a message but I'll bet I know what to think. I was invited to wave 6 but I didn't want the only choice (Lariat) and they did add 5K ADM. So.. I extended the reservation. Looks like Ford couldn't quite sell as many higher margin trucks as they hoped. I decided to hold out for what I planned on May 19 during the reveal. I will buy a XLT or PRO without a ADM or I will spend the Platinum money and get me one more Corvette. Then Silverado as I reserved 2 minutes into that reveal. I have connections at Chevrolet and don't have to consider any ADM or Add-ons !!!
Cheers

OP
OP
greenne

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Wow ! So I'm reading this thread and the phone rings with my "chosen" dealer calling me...They didn't leave a message but I'll bet I know what to think. I was invited to wave 6 but I didn't want the only choice (Lariat) and they did add 5K ADM. So.. I extended the reservation. Looks like Ford couldn't quite sell as many higher margin trucks as they hoped. I decided to hold out for what I planned on May 19 during the reveal. I will buy a XLT or PRO without a ADM or I will spend the Platinum money and get me one more Corvette. Then Silverado as I reserved 2 minutes into that reveal. I have connections at Chevrolet and don't have to consider any ADM or Add-ons !!!
Cheers
You're one of several people who I've heard os going to take a pass on the Lariat.

I wonder if Ford miscalculated the demand for the $80k trim(vs the pro/xlt) and if the current inflation/economy has people reconsidering spending that much on a vehicle?

Sponsored

merek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER [6/20]
Just for context -- I am in NY and I was told before orders opened I was #32 at my dealer. I got selected in wave 3 I think. They seem to be getting quite a few, but it is a large dealer.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
You're one of several people who I've heard os going to take a pass on the Lariat.

I wonder if Ford miscalculated the demand for the $80k trim(vs the pro/xlt) and if the current inflation/economy has people reconsidering spending that much on a vehicle?
Maybe, but with 200k reservations, I am sure they can easily sell as many as they make this year.

BoostedKWs

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lighting Lariat SR
Occupation
EV Charging Engineering Director
I'm in NJ and got the call yesterday as well. My dealer received allocation for 4 Lariat ERs and 1 SR. I picked the SR, which is the trim I actually wanted.

I was so sure I wouldn't hear a thing until late 23 at the earliest since my reservation was July 2nd.. I was even lax in moving my reservation from PA to NJ. I just did it last week!

My powerboost order was built in January and has been on a plant hold since. I wonder what will come in first?!

dkf150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rubicon 4xe
I got the same call from my dealer in VA. I wanted a Pro, but I think hell will freeze over before I ever see one even though I’m a day 1 res holder… so F it, I’m going with the Lariat with Ext. Range + max towing. It’s only double what I expected to pay. YOLO. Will confirm
Order tomorrow, leaning toward ice blue silver.

OP
OP
greenne

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I got the same call from my dealer in VA. I wanted a Pro, but I think hell will freeze over before I ever see one even though I’m a day 1 res holder… so F it, I’m going with the Lariat with Ext. Range + max towing. It’s only double what I expected to pay. YOLO. Will confirm
Order tomorrow, leaning toward ice blue silver.
Did you get an email from Ford? My dealer told me that they would submit my name, but Ford would have to convert my reservation and I would order online like the previous waves...

Sponsored

dkf150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rubicon 4xe
Did you get an email from Ford? My dealer told me that they would submit my name, but Ford would have to convert my reservation and I would order online like the previous waves...
I’m told that’s what will happen and was given the same Friday deadline.

OP
OP
greenne

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’m told that’s what will happen and was given the same Friday deadline.

Please keep us up to date if you get an email and I will do the same. I *think* Ford might send the "cleanup" email allocation en masse like they did the previous waves.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Please keep us up to date if you get an email and I will do the same. I *think* Ford might send the "cleanup" email allocation en masse like they did the previous waves.
Did you check your reservation online to see if you have the option to convert? Maybe the e-mail get held up?

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
The need for another cleanup wave just proves that the dealer allocation system is inefficient. They wouldn't have this problem if order invites were sent out in order of reservation date, independent of the dealer.

OP
OP
greenne

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The need for another cleanup wave just proves that the dealer allocation system is inefficient. They wouldn't have this problem if order invites were sent out in order of reservation date, independent of the dealer.
Look on the bright side, at least they are attempting to go in order of reservation. If Ford had truly wanted to screw things up they would have just allocated the extra to dealer stock and we would see HUGE dealer markups on all of them.
Sponsored