• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

LUXMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO and XLT
Occupation
Pilot
Added a Gator EFX today

Ford F-150 Lightning πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? 10FB043D-3250-44D9-991A-11DC817D1B26

Ford F-150 Lightning πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? 03C27E39-7E24-46CD-9BD8-692C71755D57
Sponsored

Last edited:

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
Dampening tailgate hinge successfully installed. Removing the tail light was one of the scariest things I've done in a while. Here's a clearer look at the stud if anyone was trying to visualize the mount point on the truck. Unhinged just the right side of the tailgate and rested it on a sawhorse and was able to get the hinge swapped easily. Shout out to all the red threadlock and paint that made these bolts so difficult to remove. Recommend spraying some brake cleaner up the bottom of the threads to help loosen it up.

Ford F-150 Lightning πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? 1675008015440

Ford F-150 Lightning πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? 1675008209583

Broonarmy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Lariat ER, Smoked Quartz
My first three mods done.

- RetraxPro XR which I am very impressed with. (big thanks to @Realtruck for the service and the discounts!!)
- Stubby Antenna
- Mounted front license plate using the Mishimoto tow hook kit.

Accessories are going to bleed me dry, I suspect I have opened the floodgates o_O

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST

- RetraxPro XR which I am very impressed with. (big thanks to @Realtruck for the service and the discounts!!)
- Stubby Antenna

Accessories are going to bleed me dry, I suspect I have opened the floodgates o_O

Does that stubby antenna receive signal just as well as the oem antenna? Also, which stubby did you go with?

Thanks.

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER

- Stubby Antenna

It becomes an addiction.

I've never wanted as many accessories as I do on this truck (partially because I got the Pro, and partially because I may actually be in love with my truck).

Broonarmy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Does that stubby antenna receive signal just as well as the oem antenna? Also, which stubby did you go with?

Thanks.
Not sure yet on the reception. I will test over the next couple of days and report. I rarely listen to radio if I'm honest, mostly Spotify.

I went for this one which a few others had recommended.

Broonarmy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

- Stubby Antenna

Number 4 today.

I put in a Husky frunk mat. First impressions not awesome if I'm honest. It's ok and it fits sort of well but it's definitely more slippery plastic material than the rubber I was hoping for. Also it came rolled up so it's going to take some flattening out.

Not sure if there are any alternatives so it will do for now. It will still protect for sure.

Sponsored

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
While checking to see if a 10"x10" hard plastic sheet piece run over on the freeway had caused any damage (made quite the noise), I noticed that this underside long plastic moulding (both sides behind running boards) was tapping annoyingly on the steel frame when lightly shaken. Added self-stick 2" long rubber 1/4" weatherseal at the spot where it was hitting which seems to work. What is function of this long plastic molding? Aerodynamics?
Ford F-150 Lightning πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_20230130_162711278 self-stick rubber weatherseal to stop underside plastic guard from maki

Reactions: GDN

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Expedition MAX KR, 2022 Lightning (reserved)
Occupation
Business Consultant
This is gorgeous! Wrapped I assume? Taillight tint? Details please!
Indeed! Stealth PPF wrap. Smoked tails. Painted light bar. In the shop getting level-lift, new tires, powder coating the rims, electric running boards… pics to come when I get her back.

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer

- Stubby Antenna

You just have GAS ... Gear Acquisition Syndrome.