• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

oneguynick

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
CTO
Spoke with Ford PR. Looks like I am the first.

Location & Dates info:
  • Michigan Resident
  • Platinum Trim
  • May 20, 2021 - reservation
  • Jan 7, 2022 - order date
  • April 18, 2022 - build date
  • May 26, 2022 - delivery date
I wanted to mention that my dealership carried the exact quoted price, and there is no dealer fee on top of what my build+taxes already included. Granted, it's a tiny town and Richardson's is known to take care of folks, but given the posts of others, I wanted to mention they were doing the right thing.

Okay everyone, what can I answer for you?

Updated with Q&A with members:

What mileage was on the odometer at delivery?

Have you set up alexa? Can you use voice commands to open your frunk?
62 miles. I haven't set up Alexa. Had meetings I had to run back home to take

do see any way to open frunk if no key present? i.e. someone breaking in to truck? thanks and congrats!
If the truck is unlocked you can hit the button under the lip

Looks like you have a perfect opportunity for a towing range test! 😬
I am going camping in the next week or two. I will report back actual range

Ambient light in cupholders?
Unless it comes on at night, no. I tried playing with the settings and ambient is on max

Did your truck come with the spray in bedliner? I see you have the manual side steps all the demo Plati's seem to have, I guess Ford really can't get their hands on them to put on high trim trucks.
Mine does have the spray-in bed liner. The sidesteps are manual, but interestingly have lights at the backs. I hadn't seen that prior

Dealers are supposed to charge them to 100% before delivery as part of PDI. That is why you can't pick it up the same day it is received.
Yep they charged it overnight

Pro Charger included or will they be sending it to you?
I had to sign a paper stating I understood the charger was coming at some point. The mobile one came with it in the frunk, but I will be waiting on the other one for a tad is my guess

With the solar on your house, are you going to install the HIS?
Two things:
  1. Sunrun, who is the ford partner, doesn't service Michigan of all places!
  2. The documentation is murky for more complex installs. I have solar, batteries in the basement, and a propane generator. I am not sure how to even start looking at the install electrically
Any incentives offered for Ford Options?
No

Gosh, lucky you! I'm wondering why so many miles on the odometer! 62 miles is a lot for a new car.
They apparently used it around the track is what we were told.

Congratulations! Did your order tracking ever update to show built and then shipped too?
It showed built, but then not much else. The estimated shipping update hit when the dealership called to let me know it was there :)

Congrats, bro. Did your dealer make you sign the one year no sale provision?
No, they did not. I buy vehicles and run them until they die, so not sure I am high risk enough to ask that.

How much does it hurt to grin for over five straight hours?
Yeah, it's been a pretty crazy and happy afternoon! I love these moments where my work at Blueprint Power and personal life collide. I get really excited about what this truck represents and how excited everyone is about it. From my farming family to the random group of internet strangers/friends here.

Just such a nifty moment to be part of.

As I’m waiting for my Antimatter Blue Platinum I’m curious about:

1.) Unleashed Audio system (are you a music guy and what are you comparing it to)?

2.) How are the massaging seats?

3.) Did you get thefully reclining seats, and if so how is that?
1.) We have had BMW, Audi, and most recently, the premium audio on our Tesla Model 3. The F150 is good, but more aggressive on the bass than I like. From an audiophile, perspective, it's not apples-to-apples to compare, but here I go.

The Tesla is playing FLAC from a USB drive versus streaming via BT on my phone in the lightning. Another thing I would say is there is some rattle in the cab when playing loudly. I was merely testing, though, not an audio level I would use for any amount of time. The surround sound component seems much better than stereo only setting.

2.) I hate massage anyways, so it's lost on me. Our first friends to ride in it seemed to like it, though. To each their own. The seats are overall very comfortable regardless of the massage setting or not.

3.) We did, and they are fantastic. We use the Netflix, Hulu, etc. feature extensively in our Tesla. Being prior military 15 minutes early is on time, so I find myself in a parking lot with time to burn. The fully reclining seats + video services would be excellent. I hope that gets added.

I am curious to know what Ford says specifically on this issue. Tesla is very specific and even builds in the 90% everyday limit into the charge graph on the car's touchscreen.
I expected some warning when I set it for 100% last night for our trip to Mackinac Island today. Nadda. I will share the charging stats later, but I plugged into a NEMA 14-50 connector I used for my Tesla last night with 158mi, and it is still charging. The app says 0715 before it's to 100%.

That makes sense given the difference in battery pack sizes, but I was taken aback by the time difference. My wife and I will need to wrap our heads around the "same range, different capacity."

Given the battery chemistry, I hope Ford adds some more guidance on charging and capacity. If the battery is left at 100% charge and the depth of discharge is constantly near nil, it will destroy the system's longevity.

Speaking if charging… Are they sending you one? How did they say that process works for out of SunRun states?
Eventually, the dealership said they would call me when it was available.

Congrats again Nick!
I have a question about phone as key.
Is it currently available? (Rumors said its not just yet)
And did you receive 2 key fobs or just one?
Thanks!
It is not from what I can tell and I received 2 FOBs

Ford F-150 Lightning 🙌 First F150 Lightning delivery to retail customer (me)! firstdeliveredf150lightni

Ford F-150 Lightning 🙌 First F150 Lightning delivery to retail customer (me)! 1-

Ford F-150 Lightning 🙌 First F150 Lightning delivery to retail customer (me)! 2-

Ford F-150 Lightning 🙌 First F150 Lightning delivery to retail customer (me)! 3-

Ford F-150 Lightning 🙌 First F150 Lightning delivery to retail customer (me)! 7-
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Aspesi4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
I'd love to know about financing options offered by Ford. Specifically about the rates, terms and if possible the Ford Options program. There's been nothing released from Ford about this and I would think with vehicles showing up at the dealerships, it's time.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Congrats and she got to take the first drive in it right?

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Congrat's!!!!!!

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
This is great! Congratulations!

So much for the 'nobody who already got one of the many trucks already delivered is on these forums' theory. :)

Reactions: GDN

Sponsored

idahospud

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lighting, Indian Roadmaster
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
WooHooo! congrats. I wish you the best of luck with your truck!!! I'm not crying, you're crying😅

tkittlitz

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14Ram1500ED, 20FordEscapeHybrid, 22LightningOrder
Congrats man. This is exciting. I can't wait to get mine.