• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
Very cool.

I noticed that the 12" screen has a physical button for the 360º screen, which is nice.
Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
So for everyone that has a VIN. Were you able to add it to the Ford Pass App? I keep trying and it tells me "Sorry, FordPass ins't responding. Please try again later" I have tried now for a few days over the past week and keep getting this message. Anyone else get this or have any advice?
I had that issue on my first try. The second try it came up again. I left it on that screen…for a while. When I came back to it, it didn’t change.

I hard closed the app and restarted my phone. Next day I got a notice my vehicle was added. Opened FordPass and sure enough it was there.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for updating the thread with the newly released manual, did a quick skim, but need to review all this technology, mind blown coming out of a 2012 F250 XLT

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
Much rather have a 360 degree dedicated camara button rather than a traction control dedicated button.

Sponsored

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So unlike the Mach-E this truck - if the 12v battery fails it appears you can still gain access to the truck with physical keys. That's a relief. (page 84)

Oh and to add on to this, per page 334 there is a "service release strap" for the frunk inside the truck that can be used if the 12v is dead. So you can get inside your truck of the 12v is dead (per above) and you can get to the 12v to change it out, in your frunk, even if it's dead. Excellent.

Last edited:

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
There's a section for glare-free headlights even though I thought it was discontinued for all Job 2 F150s...maybe the Lightning keeps the hardware after all.

Reactions: GDN

ShirBlackspots

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Ford F-150 XLT 5.4L
There's a section for glare-free headlights even though I thought it was discontinued for all Job 2 F150s...maybe the Lightning keeps the hardware after all.
Glare free headlights are matrix headlamps (known as adaptive headlamps) that were just made legal in the US this year, in the infrastructure bill, that also requires the NHTSA to draft rules on their design and operation by 2023 or 2024, using the international J-spec as a reference.

So, technically, they can't be discontinued when they haven't had the design rules drafted yet.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Found a contradiction. Page 348 says don't tow for the first 1000 miles (similar to normal F-150's). However on page 353 says don't tow for the first 500 miles. Both imply break-in needs but the contradiction is the more interesting part.

Edit: Page 415 says a break-in period of 1000 miles is required.

Last edited:

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Glare free headlights are matrix headlamps that were just made legal in the US this year, in the infrastructure bill, that also requires the NHTSA to draft rules on their design and operation by 2023 or 2024, using the international J-spec as a reference.

So, technically, they can't be discontinued when they haven't had the design rules drafted yet.
Higher Gen14 ICE F150 trims were equipped with glare-free headlight hardware until recently. They weren't activated from the factory in the USA for the reasons you mention but could be enabled through ForScan.

Sponsored

ShirBlackspots

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Ford F-150 XLT 5.4L
Higher Gen14 ICE F150 trims were equipped with glare-free headlight hardware until recently. They weren't activated from the factory in the USA for the reasons you mention but could be enabled through ForScan.
We'll find out how the headlamps work once someone finally reviews it driving at night.

But that does make sense, that Ford might have discontinued it for Gen 14 ICE F-150's, if there wasn't really a point to have it yet. It probably also saves on some chips, during the current chip shortage.

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
I can't wait to start reading through this manual, even though I won't be getting my F150L for over a year. By the time I get my truck I will have this book memorized.

OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
p 229 is one I was waiting for - "Automatic Return to Park". They still don't make it 100% clear yet - will the gear selector move itself to "Park" or will the selector not move, but yet the truck still go into Park? It is all electronic so they could do it either way.

Truly I'm torn on the gear selector, yep it is the perfect place to rest your hand (at least used to be on a 2014) but yet it is really complicated being motorized and totally unnecessary. I'm not a fan of a rotary knob, but have definitely become used to Tesla's implementation on the stalk - up for reverse, down for Drive - return to center automatically just like the blinker stalk. It definitely makes the "automatic" maneuvers the vehicle will do much easier.

Also the Lightning manual notes coming to a stop to shift form R to D, etc. Tesla you can truly be rolling up to 5 MPH when shifting with no issues - they call that out and allow it. Above that speed you just get a beep that it wasn't successful. This feature makes it super easy when manuring in tight spaces.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
On the Mach-E, it shifts to P.

OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name