• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Price Protection After the Fact People

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I just received my $9,100 check from my dealer! About 100 days after I purchased the truck. I had to send an email to the dealer asking if they received it. They replied back immediately stating they just received it the previous day and will mail it out.
What a coincidence! /s
60 day loan for them /s
Sponsored

s_c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Owner
I just received my $9,100 check from my dealer! About 100 days after I purchased the truck. I had to send an email to the dealer asking if they received it. They replied back immediately stating they just received it the previous day and will mail it out.
What a coincidence! /s
glad to hear it and hope these stories keep coming in

but wow so much unneeded stress. Not to mention excess taxes paid

TerryNelsen

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Electrician
That does us no good when Ford hikes the prices up after we've already placed the order deposits and committed to that particular dealer. How could we have anticipated how a dealer would handle this scenario when the orders were initially placed? At that point we just had the PCO to worry about but at least that was explicitly detailed and distributed through Smart Vincent. Hell, we considered ourselves lucky just to find a dealer without ADM.

Price increases happen for all models throughout the year. How this is not a universally understood and detailed process for dealers is inexcusable. It's clearly a communication issue from Ford with how many more users are finding ourselves in this situation. The fact that the MachE forum had to even start tracking rebate checks on their own is embarrassing.
I was enticed by ford to buy a lightning based on the original price. Then I wait two years to get my truck and have to pay an extra 10k. All of us that gave ford $100 up front to reserve our trucks deserves to get it for the original price. Alot of us made the decision to buy early because of the price.

Sponsored

s_c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Owner
13100 wow

a lot of concerned parties are reporting their checks have come in. Has anyone 120+ days who ordered at original price but got charged higher by dealer not gotten a check?

regentscholar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S '12, Model 3 '17, Ford '23 F-150 Pro
13100 wow

a lot of concerned parties are reporting their checks have come in. Has anyone 120+ days who ordered at original price but got charged higher by dealer not gotten a check?
I'm coming up on 90 days without a check. Should be getting $9100. If still no word after 100 days I'll start raising đź’© with the dealer and/or Ford corporate channels. Trying to keep my hopes up...

regentscholar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Anyone else well over 100 days post-sale without Ford honoring the price protection from their August 2022 order pricing?
My dealership has gone radio silent on my follow-up inquiries... should I start probing on the Ford corporate side for support?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Anyone else well over 100 days post-sale without Ford honoring the price protection from their August 2022 order pricing?
My dealership has gone radio silent on my follow-up inquiries... should I start probing on the Ford corporate side for support?
Yes @Ford Motor Company

Silenze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Your dealer has already been reimbursed.

Sponsored

EdSnow

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 BMW X545e
Likely the Dealer is holding on to the reimbursement from Ford. The sales manager on my deal was not familiar with the specific Lightning price protection program but said any reimbursements from Ford would take 1-2 monthly dealer accounting reconciliation cycles. You are way beyond that.

Here is the contact I found to try to get clarification on price protection.

Corri Embry, Ford Executive Offices; 313-317-9345; [email protected]

When I initially emailed the C-Suite folks to inquire (complain) about the pricing discrepancy, she replied on their behalf and at least gave me some assurance of future rebates. Hope you get it!

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Anyone get anything for a 2022 bought in 2023? I assume not.

regentscholar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am pleased to report that after a long 112 days since my 2023 Lightning Pro purchase... and after a fair amount of repeated hounding of folks at my Ford dealership... I finally have my purchase price protection check in hand. Thanks to all in this forum that advised on navigating the process from beginning to end!
Sadly I have no doubt that if I hadn't continually followed up with my Ford dealership, they would have just kept the money that FMC refunded them.

Last edited:

EdSnow

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 BMW X545e
I am pleased to report that after a long 112 days since my 2023 Lightning Pro purchase... and after a fair amount of repeated hounding of folks at my Ford dealership... I finally have my purchase price protection check in hand. Thanks to all in this forum that advised on navigating the process from beginning to end!
Sadly I have no doubt that if I hadn't continually followed up with my Ford dealership, they would have just kept the money that FMC refunded them.
Congratulations. Hope you can celebrate with a special dinner and beverage of your liking! So unfortunate that FMC and their dealer network create such "bad will" with customers when the truck is so amazing.

LTskier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EVs
After 156 days (5 months) from date of purchase and many follow-up emails + texts, I finally have my price protection check in hand from the dealer. I'm relieved and happy. Dealer even refunded me the overpaid taxes. Holy moly that was a painful process.
Sponsored