• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Reduced power with no Fault code

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
Moderator edit:
Including post from later in the thread on how to do an immediate report via SYNC

The next time that anyone encounters this, ideally while it still shows you have reduced power, please go into the sync menu and submit voice feedback. Please state as clearly as possible what has happened and what you were doing. This sends a short data log along with the voice recording and that data may be the key to getting this figured out
================================================================
My truck reduced power to 56% on one trip. I shut down and restarted and it went back to 100%.

One interesting thing I noticed. I had a hunch to check the energy usage display and it showed that the front axle motor was not moving the truck nor was it recharging the battery, also the front axle seems to contribute 44% of the total drive power.

I had come home to work on the yard and left after charging for 2 or so hours during the day with 32amp mobile charger.
I'm in San Diego so the cold had nothing to do with it.
Has this happened to anyone else?

Ford F-150 Lightning Reduced power with no Fault code 20221208_164234
Ford F-150 Lightning Reduced power with no Fault code 20221208_164304
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Sc954rr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Volvo XC90
Mine did the same thing yesterday morning, as soon as I turned off truck and started again it was normal and hasn't happened again..I don't think anyone has got an official answer why this happens

OP
OP
Drayday55

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
Strange thing is the front motor not working. It's like a solenoid got stuck... of that's even possible.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
There have been reports in recent weeks of this nature, I have not experienced it yet

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
My truck reduced power to 56% on one trip. I shut down and restarted and it went back to 100%.

One interesting thing I noticed. I had a hunch to check the energy usage display and it showed that the front axle motor was not moving the truck nor was it recharging the battery, also the front axle seems to contribute 44% of the total drive power.

I had come home to work on the yard and left after charging for 2 or so hours during the day with 32amp mobile charger.
I'm in San Diego so the cold had nothing to do with it.
Has this happened to anyone else?
Hey there! Can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to take a closer look at this on my end.

OP
OP
Drayday55

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
Hey there! Can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to take a closer look at this on my end.
Will do. Thanks

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Mine did the same while driving to work one day. I let the car sit off for the few minutes and started it up. No issues since *crossing fingers*

Roscoe95

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum delivered!
This happened to me this weekend. I had the truck on the portable charger for several hours. Headed out and the power was limited to 56%. Went to dinner for 90min or so, came out and full power was back. Yesterday, no issues and back to 100% available power. Weird.

CallOnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning SR
Just had a similar experience. Power reduced to 91% with 28% range left. Assumed it was accounting for low range, but hadn’t experienced power loss before. Normal or no?

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Just had a similar experience. Power reduced to 91% with 28% range left. Assumed it was accounting for low range, but hadn’t experienced power loss before. Normal or no?
Normal

OP
OP
Drayday55

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
I have been driving my truck to a lower state of charge lately. Every time I drop below 30% it de rates to about 95%.

Seems normal to me.

MoonWhaler

First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F-150 Limited
Mine is doing the same, only it’s stuck at 56% even if I turn it off and back on. Picked up on 12/23. I’m thinking it needs a service visit, because the blue cruise isn’t working and says it’s expired before the blend date (under settings->general->about) and the software says no updates are needed.

OP
OP
Drayday55

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
Mine is doing the same, only it’s stuck at 56% even if I turn it off and back on. Picked up on 12/23. I’m thinking it needs a service visit, because the blue cruise isn’t working and says it’s expired before the blend date (under settings->general->about) and the software says no updates are needed.
Yeah. Sounds like you do. Keep is updated. I feel this is gonna be a reoccurring topic.
Sponsored