• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Got My First Thumbs Down

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
I spent the weekend at a sporting event where I had people, multiple times ask me about the truck.
I was doing my part, for @Ford Motor Company in being a brand and EV ambassador.
Everyone who asked and looked and talked thought everything was simply nifty...as we already know.

Then when leaving today, I got my first (n).

I was in a parking lot and a dud in a old Toyota wagon looked at me, frowned and gave it to me.
I don't know what to do.
It just makes me so sad.
:sadface:
I...I...well, I am being sarcastic.
I laughed as it seemed so ironic.

This is the closest thing to a negative response I've had since owning the truck.
Sponsored

VTHokies

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 F150 Lightning Lariat ER (Sept ‘23 build)
Very seldom do folks even recognize mine as different.
Same here, always freaks them out when they see me open the frunk to put something in/take something out! All of the time their response has been “wow”…

OP
OP
brewski

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
Same here, always freaks them out when they see me open the frunk to put something in/take something out! All of the time their response has been “wow”…
Either "wow" or "do you need a jump?"

EdRudy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Lightning ER Iced Blue Silver
Occupation
IT
I was moving my daughter out of her dorm room for summer break and parked in front of a fire hydrant (only available spot and I stayed with the truck). A campus police officer activated his police lights and stopped behind me. I explained what I was doing and he asked me why I had my hood up. He thought I was pretending to be broken down. When I explained it was a FRUNK and the truck was electric he got excited and wanted to check it out. He stayed with me until we finished loading the truck then went on his way. I’ve never seen a police officer so excited. Really nice guy and no ticket!

Sponsored

scoobybri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT w/Max Tow and TT Packs
I've been driving EVs since 2017 and exclusively since 2021. My mother in law rode in my Lightning for the first time today. She had been in my 2019 F150 Crew Cab so she was like "I thought you guys were only driving EVs." I said "This is electric." She said "Like a hybrid?" I said, "Nope. Full electric, no gas." The Lightning is such a a stealth EV. Other than the "Lightning" on the bed, it looks like a zillion other F150s. I think that is both good and bad. The good is that when people realize that there is a normal looking EV truck, many are interested in it. But with it being so stealth, no one knows it's an EV which I think is a negative. I want people to see as many EVs on the road as possible so they realize that they are becoming normal, not the exception. When I drove a Model Y, you know it's an EV. The Lightning...not so much.

Green1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Paramedic
One of the biggest selling features for me was the stealth nature of the vehicle. I've been "The guy with the Tesla" for the past 9 years, I was sick of it. Everyone assumed all sorts of things about my political leanings and overall value system before they talked to me in any way. When talking to coworkers it was always the first thing that came up, I was sick of it.
Now if someone asks what I drive, I can simply say F-150. And around here you couldn't pick a more common vehicle. If I want to point out the electrification I can add lightning, and explain, but I just don't have to if I don't want to go down that road.

In fact, I am seriously considering taking the word lightning off the side of the bed. Even though 98% of the population have no idea what that means.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
I've been driving EVs since 2017 and exclusively since 2021. My mother in law rode in my Lightning for the first time today. She had been in my 2019 F150 Crew Cab so she was like "I thought you guys were only driving EVs." I said "This is electric." She said "Like a hybrid?" I said, "Nope. Full electric, no gas." The Lightning is such a a stealth EV. Other than the "Lightning" on the bed, it looks like a zillion other F150s. I think that is both good and bad. The good is that when people realize that there is a normal looking EV truck, many are interested in it. But with it being so stealth, no one knows it's an EV which I think is a negative. I want people to see as many EVs on the road as possible so they realize that they are becoming normal, not the exception. When I drove a Model Y, you know it's an EV. The Lightning...not so much.
One of the great things I love about the Lightning. I blend in. I'm not out to make a fashion statement or advertise I'm "green" (don't believe in that anyway!)

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
In fact, I am seriously considering taking the word lightning off the side of the bed. Even though 98% of the population have no idea what that means.
Left the T (first letter of my first & last names). Now folks wonder if I got that from a Tesla. Stealth is cool. My XLT does not have that ugly rear light bar as well! :teehee:
Ford F-150 Lightning Got My First Thumbs Down IMG_20231006_114035182 peeling lightning letters off pickup bed sides leaving the T
:teehee:

Sponsored

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I was charging at a Magic Dock station north of Montgomery with a couple friends from the military (who had an ev as well) and someone yelled everyone's favorite statement about Brandon at us. It's annoying since driving an ev doesn't mean you belong to any one side, I have VERY conservative friends who love their model y. I wish it could go back to just being a vehicle. It's like when folks start telling me all the reasons they heard that evs are bad, like towing range or what not, I just tell them that the truck may not be for them and that's okay, maybe something down the road will.

Universally though, most people love the power and low operating cost. They'll come around, hopefully, especially as more people drove them and folks realize it's not a political issue to drive what makes sense for your use case!

Montecarlossfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Azure Gray XLT Lightning
Occupation
Programmer
They don’t know it’s an EV until you pull on their sports car 😂

farmtruck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F350XLT, 2 x 12 F250XLT, 23 Lightning Lariet ER
Occupation
Farmer
I've had one hater who knew more about my lightning than I do even thought he had never been near one. Purely political.
Most people get very curious about the lightning and want to go for a ride. I usually respond by saying sure, you're driving. The results have been a lot of WOWs and OMGs and I think I can take credit for selling one for my dealer.

Bills R Electric

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
I spent the weekend at a sporting event where I had people, multiple times ask me about the truck.
I was doing my part, for @Ford Motor Company in being a brand and EV ambassador.
Everyone who asked and looked and talked thought everything was simply nifty...as we already know.

Then when leaving today, I got my first (n).

I was in a parking lot and a dud in a old Toyota wagon looked at me, frowned and gave it to me.
I don't know what to do.
It just makes me so sad.
:sadface:
I...I...well, I am being sarcastic.
I laughed as it seemed so ironic.

This is the closest thing to a negative response I've had since owning the truck.
He gave you the thumbs down because he knows you are using slave labor to make the batteries, and strip mining the minerals to boot.

You didn't know that? It was right on his TV....

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
He gave you the thumbs down because he knows you are using slave labor to make the batteries, and strip mining the minerals to boot.

You didn't know that? It was right on his TV....
Unlike the effects of using good ol' gasoline, nothing to see here people!
Sponsored