• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

BSull

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette, F150 Lighnting, Mercedes GLC300
Occupation
retired
Earnhardt Ford from Chandler had checked for me and told me that the Lincoln dealership across from the Larry Miller dealership on Mesa Street drive had one device available at the time; I don't know about now but it's worth to check it out.....
Just called Fiesta and they don't have them anymore, but a couple of other dealers are supposed to. I'll be checking.
UPDATE: Robert Horne Ford does not, Fiesta Lincoln does not, Larry Miller does not, Camelback Ford does but they are reserving them for "recall" people I guess for them to install. Asked Camelback if they do mobile service for this, waiting for callback. This is what procrastination gets me every time, you'd think I'd learn.
Sponsored

Last edited:

KennyB123

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
For you Knowledgeable parts people out there. I see the new part in the pictures above show PN: ML3T-10C652-BA but, I have a copy of the TSB and the new part listed there is ML3Z-10C679-B. Are either OK or should I go with the one in the TSB?
Good observation. I think I'll wait until the next OTA and see if it's successful before I complain, unless the overwhelming consensus is that I complain and get the correct part installed.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
For you Knowledgeable parts people out there. I see the new part in the pictures above show PN: ML3T-10C652-BA but, I have a copy of the TSB and the new part listed there is ML3Z-10C679-B. Are either OK or should I go with the one in the TSB?
The part comes in a properly labeled box, so there are likely varients that are acceptable and are working better than the old part

Ford F-150 Lightning CSP-23B70 Certain 2022-23 F-150 Lightnings - BMS Sensor Replacement 1708365245188

Ford F-150 Lightning CSP-23B70 Certain 2022-23 F-150 Lightnings - BMS Sensor Replacement 1708365262686

Ford F-150 Lightning CSP-23B70 Certain 2022-23 F-150 Lightnings - BMS Sensor Replacement 1708365280828

JL13

First Name
José
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Retired
Good observation. I think I'll wait until the next OTA and see if it's successful before I complain, unless the overwhelming consensus is that I complain and get the correct part installed.
I would think that the defective parts from the factory have been identified as MK3T-10C652- with -AC or -AD; any other - like -BA or others should be good working parts. As for the listed part ML3Z-10C679-B in the CSP document is probably an acceptable substitute in case the original part number is not available...

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

LUXMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO and XLT
Occupation
Pilot
The part comes in a properly labeled box, so there are likely varients that are acceptable and are working better than the old part

1708365245188.png

1708365262686.png

1708365280828.png
I agree that this is the correct response. I noticed the parts were different when I talked to the tech when he did ours via mobile. He showed me the boxes with the correct one and said they were just a variant based on the chipset

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Just called Fiesta and they don't have them anymore, but a couple of other dealers are supposed to. I'll be checking.
UPDATE: Robert Horne Ford does not, Fiesta Lincoln does not, Larry Miller does not, Camelback Ford does but they are reserving them for "recall" people I guess for them to install. Asked Camelback if they do mobile service for this, waiting for callback. This is what procrastination gets me every time, you'd think I'd learn.
Camelback does do mobile service, I just had their mobile dude at my house last week. He has been the only good experience I've had with their service department. Lots of anti EV sentiment from many of the people at this dealership. I think they have a limited service area for mobile though. But Lucy's at 16th st and Bethany Home is a great place to hang out and work if you can work remotely.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Had the sensor replaced this morning by mobile service. Total time under the hood was about 4 minutes. As normal had to close the hood manually and then he checked all of the windows - all operated normally.

I forgot to check my 12v SOC and the part number prior, however the new one is the same part number as others, manufactured in October '23, same SW version 6.10.

The interesting part - I checked the 12v battery on ford.com after the install - it showed 1 %. I decided I should go check the truck. Just as it did during our very cold spell when I opened the door I had no response of any kind. No dings, no graphics on either screen. Pressing the brake and the start button did bring it to life though. I drove it around the block and when I turned it off I got the "System off to save battery" message.

A couple of checks since then and the 12v showed the 1 %, then 22 %, then 48% and now 50%, but it seems to have stopped there, at 50% for about 30 minutes. So it did charge

Curious though, after replacement how does the sensor and the truck truly determine the SOC of the 12v and determine how much to charge?

I'll give it another drive in an hour or so and see if there are further changes.

IMG_5780.jpeg
IMG_5781.jpeg

8:53 AM

Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 8.53.38 AM.png

9:45 AM

Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 9.45.41 AM.png

10:17 AM

Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 10.17.36 AM.png
I continued to wake the truck up throughout the day and let the LV SOC update to Fod.com - it stayed at 49 to 50% until at least 5:20 this afternoon. I just checked again and it is now at 72% - so somewhere along the way it triggered another charging cycle. Hoping for another one overnight or tomorrow I guess to have a LVB in good shape.

5:20 PM
Ford F-150 Lightning CSP-23B70 Certain 2022-23 F-150 Lightnings - BMS Sensor Replacement Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 5.22.35 PM

9:50 PM
Ford F-150 Lightning CSP-23B70 Certain 2022-23 F-150 Lightnings - BMS Sensor Replacement Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 9.48.01 PM

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
I continued to wake the truck up throughout the day and let the LV SOC update to Fod.com - it stayed at 49 to 50% until at least 5:20 this afternoon. I just checked again and it is now at 72% - so somewhere along the way it triggered another charging cycle. Hoping for another one overnight or tomorrow I guess to have a LVB in good shape.

5:20 PM
Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 5.22.35 PM.png

9:50 PM
Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 9.48.01 PM.png
Mine has charged as high as 99% since the BCM replacement. I often find it in the 80% to 90% range.

• Wow
Reactions: GDN

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Mine has charged as high as 99% since the BCM replacement. I often find it in the 80% to 90% range.
Hoping mine will get there, but overnight it dropped from 72% down into the 50's again and then when I took a drive at lunch it was back up to about 68% and since lunch now down to 63%.

It may just take a few days, but I'm hoping/guessing the monitor that was replaced is able to detect and eventually get it back up to the 80's and 90's. For the most part over 18 months I''ve had good luck,always getting SW updates on almost the first day. Some that needed inhibit would and did fail several times.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Hoping mine will get there, but overnight it dropped from 72% down into the 50's again and then when I took a drive at lunch it was back up to about 68% and since lunch now down to 63%.

It may just take a few days, but I'm hoping/guessing the monitor that was replaced is able to detect and eventually get it back up to the 80's and 90's. For the most part over 18 months I''ve had good luck,always getting SW updates on almost the first day. Some that needed inhibit would and did fail several times.
Since getting my LVB BMS replaced, my LVC SOC ranges from 70's - 80''s, and a couple times into low 90's after a 5 hour long HVB charging session.

• Love
Reactions: GDN

KennyB123

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
Since getting my LVB BMS replaced, my LVC SOC ranges from 70's - 80''s, and a couple times into low 90's after a 5 hour long HVB charging session.
Mine has stayed above 90% and I've driven it several times. 92-94 is the norm. I only charge to 80, so no confusion there.

BSull

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette, F150 Lighnting, Mercedes GLC300
Occupation
retired
Part finally arrived @ Larry Miller Ford, it took over a month, it is now installed by them. I never did receive a callback from Camelback Ford regarding mobile service.
LMF would not install the BMS via mobile service I had to take it to them, but the good news is it only took about an hour from the time I arrived until I left with the truck and the new BMS.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I contacted my dealer about this and my 20k service. I said since it's just a tire rotation, inspection, and swapping out the 12v bms I'll just wait as it shouldn't take but an hour or two. He replied and said that the BMS swap required an EV tech so they'll need to keep it all day to squeeze it in. Seriously??!! I pointed out (a second time) that it's for the 12v battery, not the HVB. His reply, "That is Fords requirement." Same dude who failed to read the CSP for the HVB software update and thought he was going to need to take the battery apart. How hard is it to read? I think I need to call and ask to talk to someone else, there's no way Ford said an EV tech has to swap out the 12v bms sensor, right?
Sponsored