• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Notice From Ford: Battery Replacement Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustaProGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Neither from what i can tell. Truck has been rock solid. Sounds like it’s an involved and potentially time consuming process, so not related to waiting for the parts.
Keep us posted when you actually elget
For those that post a date - please give us build date. Delivery date truly is kind of useless as some trucks deliver a week after build some 4 months after build.

Also would be interesting to know the danger or possibility of further damage by driving or using the truck while waiting on parts. 4 weeks is a long time to have it just sitting on a dealer lot, but we are finding almost all dealers are backed up and they can't plan service to save their life. So they want you to drop it weeks in advance even when they know they aren't going to touch it.
6/13 build week sr pro
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN
OP
OP
cvalue13

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
Wow, if mine is 4 weeks I will probably push it off until July when I'm on vacation, they told me 1-3 days. We will see...

Also would be interesting to know the danger or possibility of further damage by driving or using the truck while waiting on parts.
trouble is, the problem purportedly causes the truck to suddenly slow, eventually stop, and not move again.

until mine is resolved, I’ll not be driving too far with my three toddlers in the vehicle.

as for when it’s resolved, still unclear. The rep has been unable to connect my dealership with me to schedule the service.

gsquirrel02

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Pathfinder
For those that post a date - please give us build date. Delivery date truly is kind of useless as some trucks deliver a week after build some 4 months after build.
Build Week: July 25th, Lariat ER. Dropping mine off on Monday the 20th, no estimated time of completion. The dealer typically has loaners, but I'll find out for sure when I get there.

OP
OP
cvalue13

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
Build Week: July 25th, Lariat ER. Dropping mine off on Monday the 20th, no estimated time of completion. The dealer typically has loaners, but I'll find out for sure when I get there.
I believe Ford expects them to give loaners for this - if your Ford rep hasn’t confirmed, I’d ask them to press it

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
my rep hasn't gotten back to me. Told me last week, that she'd contact my local dealer the next day and get back to me. I emailed again yesterday, waiting for a response...

Sponsored
OP
OP
cvalue13

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
my rep hasn't gotten back to me. Told me last week, that she'd contact my local dealer the next day and get back to me. I emailed again yesterday, waiting for a response...
this appears pretty standard. I was in a similar spot until yesterday, when the rep called me back, followed by my dealership calling me this morning. In my case, they purport they’ll only need the vehicle a day or two. Remains to be seen

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
this appears pretty standard. I was in a similar spot until yesterday, when the rep called me back, followed by my dealership calling me this morning. In my case, they purport they’ll only need the vehicle a day or two. Remains to be seen
Seems so got a call back today

roddiaz1

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER Carbonized Grey
How do I find my build week?
I bought mine from the dealer (someone reneged on their order) so I don't have any of the order details or updates like you guys do.
Thanks!

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
How do I find my build week?
I bought mine from the dealer (someone reneged on their order) so I don't have any of the order details or updates like you guys do.
Thanks!
Window sticker should have it.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Window sticker should have it.
They are purged from the database after delivery, the paper version stuck to the truck has the margin peeled off.

But isn't there a build date on the door jam pillar?

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
They are purged from the database after delivery, the paper version stuck to the truck has the margin peeled off.

IIRC, the door jam shows month/year? I haven’t looked at it in a long time.

I saved a PDF of my sticker as soon as it became available.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER

That's good to know, I was able to look up the window sticker for the one I bought and I'm glad I saved it before completing the purchase.

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat

I realized I always look at the version I downloaded. Just checked my door jamb (with my glasses 😁) and I have month and year up top and the blend date on the bottom of sticker.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
OP
OP
cvalue13