• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wave 7 Orders & Allocations --Phone Call from Dealer

OP
OP
greenne

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Did you check your reservation online to see if you have the option to convert? Maybe the e-mail get held up?
Oh I've been checking every hour or so. I will stay on top of this, make sure I don't miss out.
Sponsored

dkf150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rubicon 4xe
So I just got off the phone with my dealer, he double checked my reservation number and followed a process that was given to him by Ford to mark one of 2 available Lariats to me. He was allocated (1) long range and (1) standard range - I had first pick so I took the 511A Long Range. Now I wait for an invite to configure it. Will be interesting next step - some kind of weird locked out configurator with just 511A. I only want to add the drop in bed liner, and max towing. Anything else I should consider?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
So I just got off the phone with my dealer, he double checked my reservation number and followed a process that was given to him by Ford to mark one of 2 available Lariats to me. He was allocated (1) long range and (1) standard range - I had first pick so I took the 511A Long Range. Now I wait for an invite to configure it. Will be interesting next step - some kind of weird locked out configurator with just 511A. I only want to add the drop in bed liner, and max towing. Anything else I should consider?
Your paint color:p

OP
OP
greenne

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That seems to jive with what happened to others on here and on FB. Seems Ford has some extra Lariat allocations. 511A is the only way you can get the ER battery so that makes sense. I was told I could configure with options and color after I received the email.

Only thing I would *try* to do is keep the MSRP below $80k..just on the very slim chance the EV tax credit gets revised. A few versions of that floating around had an $80k cap. Who know if it happens.. but may be prudent rather than come in just over $80k and find out you are excluded.

Sponsored

dkf150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rubicon 4xe
That seems to jive with what happened to others on here and on FB. Seems Ford has some extra Lariat allocations. 511A is the only way you can get the ER battery so that makes sense. I was told I could configure with options and color after I received the email.

Only thing I would *try* to do is keep the MSRP below $80k..just on the very slim chance the EV tax credit gets revised. A few versions of that floating around had an $80k cap. Who know if it happens.. but may be prudent rather than come in just over $80k and find out you are excluded.
Any idea on timing? As long as it delivers this year we should be good on the fed tax credit.

OP
OP
greenne

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Any idea on timing? As long as it delivers this year we should be good on the fed tax credit.
Its anyone's guess at this point...but I would say late, 2022. We are pushing Aug 29 already and a bunch of Wave 1-6 have not been scheduled. So I would expect production in Sept-Oct or possibly later. That would put delivery hopefully by the end of the year. If not..very beginning 2023--but hopefully not.

I would think these last minute additional allocations would be at the tail end of MY2022 production...but who knows for sure....

On pins and needles waiting for that "order" email...

dkf150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rubicon 4xe
Its anyone's guess at this point...but I would say late, 2022. We are pushing Aug 29 already and a bunch of Wave 1-6 have not been scheduled. So I would expect production in Sept-Oct or possibly later. That would put delivery hopefully by the end of the year. If not..very beginning 2023--but hopefully not.

I would think these last minute additional allocations would be at the tail end of MY2022 production...but who knows for sure....

On pins and needles waiting for that "order" email...
Same, but feeling hopeful. I'm in no rush to spend $80k, so I'm ok with the wait and to get a late MY

OP
OP
greenne

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Same, but feeling hopeful. I'm in no rush to spend $80k, so I'm ok with the wait and to get a late MY
In a normal situation I'd just rollover to MY23....but with the supply/demand issues, possible price increase, tax credit, etc.---its better to take it as soon as possible.

Also if we are at the tail end of MY22 there is a slight chance we could be rolled over to MY23 in case of a future delay...

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Good luck folks, and do not stress over the tax credit issue as regards the 80K value!!

Option the truck the way you want it done right and is in your budget.

Sponsored

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
Im 16th at my dealer in the midwest and they only got 5 allocations for 22MY. I am a May 19th reservation, It sucks to see all of the attention being given to the ZEV states when i would love to show off and convince people how great an EV can be, for crying out loud the truck to population % is significantly higher here than on the coasts. Ford butchered the reservation system.

Skidrowe

First Name
Gideon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning ER, 2014 Honda Pilot
I emailed the salesman I've been talking to for the last year at my dealership and asked if they have any wave 7 allocations and if so if they'd consider me for one of them. He called me this morning and asked me if I was interested in a Lariat ER and if I had a reservation number. When I told him yes, he went to his sales manager who handles lightnings to see if they got a wave 7 allocation. Lo and behold, they did! They offered it to me and I'm now eagerly awaiting the email from Ford to move forward with my order.

OP
OP
greenne

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I emailed the salesman I've been talking to for the last year at my dealership and asked if they have any wave 7 allocations and if so if they'd consider me for one of them. He called me this morning and asked me if I was interested in a Lariat ER and if I had a reservation number. When I told him yes, he went to his sales manager who handles lightnings to see if they got a wave 7 allocation. Lo and behold, they did! They offered it to me and I'm now eagerly awaiting the email from Ford to move forward with my order.

Good job, that is good news.

There are some Lariats out there to be allocated. I confirmed with my dealer they submitted my name/reservation to Ford for a Lariat. Likewise, anxiously awaiting the email...

BoostedKWs

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lighting Lariat SR
Occupation
EV Charging Engineering Director
I received confirmation from my sales manager that the email should come shortly after they close the allocation period on 6/10.

OP
OP
greenne

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I received confirmation from my sales manager that the email should come shortly after they close the allocation period on 6/10.
Thanks for the information. That's good news.
Sponsored