• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

awilli1010

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 lightning, 22 maverick, old ass Harley.
Occupation
Retired Army, retired Government employee.
I scheduled an appointment to have mine fixed and I took it in today for the repair. The dealer said they don’t have the part and it will take a week to ten days to get it.
Sponsored

OtterJohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
USPS Informed Delivery says my CSP letter is in the mail today; I'll call to schedule service when I have it in-hand. Curious to see how long it takes my dealer to get...they sell a fair number of Lightnings, so I'm hoping it'll be quick...

sfringer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I called to schedule this past Friday for today (first available they had). The mobile service tech just showed up; so I should be all set shortly...

EDIT: The mobile tech had things finished up in about 30 minutes. Really happy they had this option available. Quite convenient.

Last edited:

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
So I took my truck to have this CSP applied. They said they ordered and installed the part, so here's what mine currently looks like in situ:
Ford F-150 Lightning CSP-23B70 Certain 2022-23 F-150 Lightnings - BMS Sensor Replacement 1706125866555

The part number doesn't quite align with the replacement part number of the CSP, but it also isn't one of the AC/AD ones. So is this BMS sensor correct or did the dealer pull one over on me?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
So I took my truck to have this CSP applied. They said they ordered and installed the part, so here's what mine currently looks like in situ:
1706125866555.jpeg

The part number doesn't quite align with the replacement part number of the CSP, but it also isn't one of the AC/AD ones. So is this BMS sensor correct or did the dealer pull one over on me?
Yes, that is the correct new version

Sponsored

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Yes, that is the correct new version
Awesome, thank you! I would've been bummed if it is was the wrong one because I actually think this dealership is pretty good. Didn't want to have to find another one. :)

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Apparently that new part number is also used on the Bronco.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer

LUXMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO and XLT
Occupation
Pilot
Mobile service came out. Just did both our trucks and done in 10 minutes (y)
IMG_7076.jpeg
IMG_7075.jpeg

I noticed the part number was slightly different than the paperwork. But the box, that’s a part came in matches exactly. And he said that just has to do with the chipset inside, possibly.
IMG_7077.jpeg
And Both trucks just got 6.8.0. One yesterday and one today... Coincidence? @GDN thinks so, but I think there is a high probability of correlation :p

LazyLightningATX

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lariat ER
Scheduled mobile service for tomorrow to do mine. This will be my first try with mobile, so we will see how it goes. Hopefully the hardest part will be finding somewhere to park outside of my work garage that they can get to.

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
And Both trucks just got 6.8.0. One yesterday and one today... Coincidence? @GDN thinks so, but I think there is a high probability of correlation :p
Agree with @GDN but that's great it installed without issue on both trucks. Back in December when I got 6.8.0, I had many failures due to LVB.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
@LUXMAN - I do think coincidence since many others got it too, but I'm always happy to still have you get those CSP's and recalls done before my truck, I appreciate that they practice on your trucks first. :)

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Agree with @GDN but that's great it installed without issue on both trucks. Back in December when I got 6.8.0, I had many failures due to LVB.
Have you had the battery sensor replaced yet? I need to call Utter and get scheduled. @LUXMAN had them do his last week.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
letter not (not email) that "on your vehicle it may be possible the battery monitor sensor is randomly under reporting the actual 12v battery capacity during an OTS software update" Call my dealer to schedule appt. but don't know when. At the end of November I reported a couple of "powertrain malfunction errors" At the time a check indicated the need to replace the "gear shift module" That part hasn't come in so dealer is chasing it and will schedule both at the same time. (for the record I've had no further powertrain errors .

However further down the CSP it notes that " This may result in OTA software updates not being completed on your vehicle" perhaps this is why some are on power up version 6 while I'm on 4.0.3xxx

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Procrastinating here so I can do all recalls at my 10K service (I am at 8K). My main problem was losing 40% SOC a day on 12V Battery but since I turned off connectivity, I am back to losing 3% a day, so I may wait until the techs get really comfortable with Lightning before they see mine.
Sponsored