• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wave 7 Orders & Allocations --Phone Call from Dealer

Skidrowe

First Name
Gideon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning ER, 2014 Honda Pilot
I received confirmation from my sales manager that the email should come shortly after they close the allocation period on 6/10.
I don't remember verbatim, but they told me something like, "you should get the email before the middle of the month, so probably some time next week." 6/10 is this Friday, so an email next week sounds very plausible to me.
Sponsored

OP
OP
greenne

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I don't remember verbatim, but they told me something like, "you should get the email before the middle of the month, so probably some time next week." 6/10 is this Friday, so an email next week sounds very plausible to me.
Next week makes sense.....I'm kinda thinking they will send them all out at once--the 7th wave (wasn't that a Sting song?)

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
THANK YOU!!! I called my dealer (very unhappy with ford and the lightning but thats another conversation) and they knew Ford had offered a Balance out but the managers didnt give numbers to the sales floor so they werent calling people so i may end up the only name they submit!!

OP
OP
greenne

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
THANK YOU!!! I called my dealer (very unhappy with ford and the lightning but thats another conversation) and they knew Ford had offered a Balance out but the managers didnt give numbers to the sales floor so they werent calling people so i may end up the only name they submit!!
Thats awesome!!

The rollout of the Lightning, Bronco, and Mach E have really required dealers to change the way they do business and work with the customer thru these new "rules".

Some dealers are doing better with customer interaction than others..some dealers are just completely clueless in how this all works and that is a negative for their customers.

Sponsored

Arrington.LCA

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
My dealer in CO just said they won't get a Wave 7 since they filled their allocation. Only if a customer backed out or didn't make a decision. I'm next in line for any MY22, and second for MY23, and I want a Lariat so was hoping to have good news from them. Dealer said their mannequin is expected this week (a Pro) and that they'd heard all CO mannequins were Pros oddly enough.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
So I just got off the phone with my dealer, he double checked my reservation number and followed a process that was given to him by Ford to mark one of 2 available Lariats to me. He was allocated (1) long range and (1) standard range - I had first pick so I took the 511A Long Range. Now I wait for an invite to configure it. Will be interesting next step - some kind of weird locked out configurator with just 511A. I only want to add the drop in bed liner, and max towing. Anything else I should consider?
Just my opinion but I would opt to install the drop in bedliner myself to try to prevent any delays on constrainted items but I would definitely get max towing package. I've watched too much @FordVideoGuy to chance additional items to tie up a production date

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Count me in too. Ohio dealer. Only option was a Lariat ER, which is what I wanted anyway.
Is production going smoothly at the plant?
My blend date is Thursday 6/9 build #134 of 425 for the week.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Is production going smoothly at the plant?
My blend date is Thursday 6/9 build #134 of 425 for the week.
I'm seeing finished units driving around the site regularly. I saw a caravan of them driving down Schaefer towards the shipping site by the Marathon refinery last night in my way home.

I haven't been in the REVC building myself but I think things are going smoothly.

dkf150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rubicon 4xe
Just my opinion but I would opt to install the drop in bedliner myself to try to prevent any delays on constrainted items but I would definitely get max towing package. I've watched too much @FordVideoGuy to chance additional items to tie up a production date
yep, I’ve come to the same conclusion. I think I’m going to end up doing the dual-liner instead.

Sponsored

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
Just got the call... from two different dealers. One has my reservation and the other previously had my reservation and kept my info on hand. Unfortunately both said it will include $5k ADM. What are the chances we can move one of these cleanup wave 7 invitations like earlier invites were able to do, once we get the email from Ford? I'm thinking the last wave invitations are dealer specific and trying to move will result in zero nearby dealers with available allocation.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Just got the call... from two different dealers. One has my reservation and the other previously had my reservation and kept my info on hand. Unfortunately both said it will include $5k ADM. What are the chances we can move one of these cleanup wave 7 invitations like earlier invites were able to do, once we get the email from Ford? I'm thinking the last wave invitations are dealer specific and trying to move will result in zero nearby dealers with available allocation.
It's different with this wave from the past. From what my salesperson said they have to submit the name(s) to Ford to generate the invite. They want people guaranteed to place an order and it has to be a Lariat ER.

Name(s) have to be in by tomorrow.

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
It's different with this wave from the past. From what my salesperson said they have to submit the name(s) to Ford to generate the invite. They want people guaranteed to place an order and it has to be a Lariat ER.

This I understand... but once you secure the invite, there's no longer that opportunity to move prior to submitting? Lots of folks did this once they saw the "difference from total MSRP" prior to submitting the order.

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige

Have one of them submit you name and once you get the email invite from Ford, you should be be able to move dealers (by calling Ford). Find a dealer that will commit to no ADM in writing (email), and then move the order.

Of course this is somewhat unfair as the dealer has told you upfront that they will charge ADM. You might just negotiate it with them, say $2,500?

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
This I understand... but once you secure the invite, there's no longer that opportunity to move prior to submitting? Lots of folks did this once they saw the "difference from total MSRP" prior to submitting the order.
I don't think you'll be able to move. Wave 7 is to fulfill that dealers remaining allocation. Moved orders counted against the allocation of the dealer the order was switched to.

But I guess you can try.
Sponsored